22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2011 7:16 PM by coolwhhhip RSS

1 Ranked guns may need nerf?

This is simple say "nerf" if yes or "no" if you think the stats seems fair =)

These stats seems preety acurate to me so i think they are correct. (I DID NOT MAKE IT AND I KNOW SOME THINGS ARE WRONG!)

The class rank is up in the right corner after you clicked on the photo.

Update!: Since both above actually do suck why dont add a 3rd choice? SAY "fair" TO VOTE ALL GUNS SHOULD BE ALIKE! =D

Message was edited by: Chomper360

• Re: 1 Ranked guns may need nerf?
    wikked75

no

May i ask why you think so? =)

wikked75

because for every type of weapon, be it lmg, sniper rifle, smg, assault rifle... there should be a good, better, best type of system. if every weapon has the same attributes, there would be no variety,  and it would get boring real fast. there would be no learning curve at all. sure, a weapon may be great all around... and everyone can have the opportunity to use it eventually... but usually, people move on to other guns to challenge themselves. or they may like the extra kick or extra damage some of the less ranked guns have and be better with that or whatnot... i may be good with, say a cm901, and think that weapon is great and prefer using that over the acr... yet a lot of people would disagree. or the same with the mg36. that gun is ranked 4th in it's class, yet i am better with that than the mk46.

i don't know. i think there are strengths and weaknesses in every weapon in this game. i say leave the weapons alone and let the players just use whatever they are good at using.

Brutorious

no

zArtfulDgr

no

no nerfs... don't want this game turning into black ops where every gun was blending in with one another...

To anyone that says it shouldn't be nerfed, complete this sentience:

"The Type-95 is not overpowered because________________________."

If anyone brings skill into the argument you will be ignored.

wikked75

the type-95 is not over powered because there is always a trade off to using burst firing weapons. one miss, and most of the time you are done for. and it's pretty hard to spray and pray with it. it's the same with sniper rifles. sure, it's deadly in the right hands, but more often than not, people aren't that great.

trialstardragon

How about for everyone that thinks the 95 is OP you answer this sentence.

"I think the type 95 is OP because of __________________________. So it needs to be rebalanced or nerfed."

And if you only try to use mathmatical statistics from some site on the internet as your proof, you will be ignored and counted as just one of the tools and fools. That forgets if a weapon is balanced or not is not proven just by statistics from some person that took the time to try and caculate out the numbers and entered them in to a pretty spread sheet. Then rated each weapon on how they felt they ranked against other weapons based on those stats alone.

When the fact that player skill and ability to aim or strafe and think and adapt and what attachments and perks used is part of the balancing process. Stats alone do not say if a weapon is OP or not. And the devs do understand this simple fact.

trialstardragon wrote:

How about for everyone that thinks the 95 is OP you answer this sentence.

"I think the type 95 is OP because of __________________________. So it needs to be rebalanced or nerfed."

And if you only try to use mathmatical statistics from some site on the internet as your proof, you will be ignored and counted as just one of the tools and fools. That forgets if a weapon is balanced or not is not proven just by statistics from some person that took the time to try and caculate out the numbers and entered them in to a pretty spread sheet. Then rated each weapon on how they felt they ranked against other weapons based on those stats alone.

When the fact that player skill and ability to aim or strafe and think and adapt and what attachments and perks used is part of the balancing process. Stats alone do not say if a weapon is OP or not. And the devs do understand this simple fact.

What do the devs use since stats mean nothing, huh? They don't balance weapons by player skill. Hell that would sound ridiculous:

"Hey, Frank. How should we balance the FAD?"

"Well, since the common player skill is decent, make its damage 30 and add some recoil."

"Okee-do-kee!"

trialstardragon

Stats are only the begining of the balance process and not the end of the process. Beause agin you fail to understand that each perk can affect the performance of the gun. each attachment can affect the performance of the gun so must be considered while balancing. And yes the average player skill at using the gun is a factor as well and not just the numbers alone.

because it takes skill to aim... not just spray around the player with anyother gun. it doesnt even do 1 shots anymore. it takes 2 3round bursts with every shot hitting from the 1st burst to get a kill. that can take more time than any acr does to turn and spray...

mr.chuna wrote:

because it takes skill to aim... not just spray around the player with anyother gun. it doesnt even do 1 shots anymore. it takes 2 3round bursts with every shot hitting from the 1st burst to get a kill. that can take more time than any acr does to turn and spray...

Player health is 100.

Type 95's damage is 55.

Wrong game, bro.

avengedyesterday

All this talk about balance as if this game is actually challenging or competitive which it is neither. So many things need to be tweaked to even get it close to that level.

trialstardragon

This game will never be competitive since it is not a sport. It just a video game meant to be played for fun and each persons idea of fun is different then the next. So it will never be fun for all or the way that some think it should be over anothers view because they feel their view is better then someone else.

there is not now or ever been a balanced fps game and never will be. For there will always be some weapon that will in the right hands out play other weapons and thus be whined about as being OP.

MW3 licks ass, this game sux now thanks to all the patching nerfing, and trying to make losers happy. . i have an idea lets nerf losers who cry about over powered guns and campers?