14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 9:26 AM by ELITESUX RSS

Why Ricochet in EVERY hardcore game mode?

I don't really understand why they put ricochet in every hardcore game mode. I understand for Hardcore Search & Destory as there are retards who pull out an RPG and kill the WHOLE team. However, they can do it in the other game modes, but that just results in a five minute spawn anyway.

So Infinty Ward why put ricochet in EVERY game mode?

In the next pacth please put it back to normal. (Expect for S&D because I understand that).

• Re: Why Ricochet in EVERY hardcore game mode?

Im not to keen on the Richochet either its annoying i personally think it should turn on if you have team killed as its annoying being 1 off your kill streak and some team mate walks in front of you while your shoting at them.

ghosthound

It is much simpler and more logical to have the same rules for all Hardcore gamemodes rather than have one rule for S&D, another for TD and another for KC etc.

Treyarch's system for dealing with teamkilling was much more effective in my opinion. BUT ricochet stops teamkilling in all hardcore gamemodes for good - and that can only be a good thing.

I get team killers suck, but the whole point of hardcore is to pay attention to where you shoot and drop airstrikes and such... I find it so bizzare that I can have a stealth bomber's load dropped on my head and I walk out unscathed while the people on the other team are getting blown to bits... I don't even play HC, so I dont even know if it works that way, but if you drop an air strike or stealth bomber run, do your teammates die? or just you? If your teammates don't die than it's not HC at all... you don't really hurt the team, just yourself, it's NICE for the team, but it takes aways from the severity of the game type...

ghosthound

SantaAnaSlim wrote:

I get team killers suck, but the whole point of hardcore is to pay attention to where you shoot and drop airstrikes and such... I find it so bizzare that I can have a stealth bomber's load dropped on my head and I walk out unscathed while the people on the other team are getting blown to bits... I don't even play HC, so I dont even know if it works that way, but if you drop an air strike or stealth bomber run, do your teammates die? or just you? If your teammates don't die than it's not HC at all... you don't really hurt the team, just yourself, it's NICE for the team, but it takes aways from the severity of the game type...

I myself have not used the Stealth Bomber in MW3 - I prefer the 'assault'  strike package - but in MW2, if you called in an airstrike that would otherwise kill team mates in Hardcore with ricochet on, you would be killed not your team mates.

Sometimes you might even be unlucky enough to kill 1 or more team mates in each of the 3 airstrike passes. This would result in you dying up to 3 times for calling in 1 badly positioned airstrike!

I hated the three teamkill system as much as the ricochet system, the time out system was the best one. I mean if they ketp teamkilling they got like a two-five mintue spawn anyways.

ELITESUX

ricochet may stop teamkilling but what about the people that block you into a corner and you cant get out until you die? people have been doing that for months, its BS when i want to snipe or stop to reload and some "green guy" comes and sets infront of me, now i cant leave and lose my killstreak because he knows that if i want out i either die by enemy fire or kill myself. its garbage and MW3 has pissed off almost all of my friends because of this. SnD i understand ricochet but not tdm

SalemInChains

They dropped the RICHOCHETTE (ya i spelled it wrong and it wont be the first time this post LOL) on us as a cure all without putting any thought into it.

Domination is messed up bad now. If I am capping a flag and have enemies comin toward me, my buddies can just lob nades at me and I wont die while teh bad guys do as I continue to cap the flag without any reprocussions to my friends (the would be "teamkillers"). No spawn delay, nothing.

My solution? COD3's punish/forgive system. If you TK me, i have the option to forgive or punish you. We all get it. Mistakes happen. So I usually forgive. After 3 "punishes" that players is booted. Fair enough. Dont wanna get booted? Dont TK.

As for SnD? Yes, richochette (told ya) is needed.

EDIT - TKing wouldnt count with KS rewards (Air strikes, Sleath, Pred, ect...)

schlag2dash

The only issue I have with the ricochet is the multiple deaths for a killstreak. I have had a precision airstrike come over me. The player who called it died three times. They should put a ten second spawn delay in to stop that from happening. That way they are not punished 3 times for one mistake. Only have the ten seconds apply for a team kill.