6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2011 10:04 AM by papawoodee RSS

Party size

I have a few questions about parties and connecting in games if anyone can help with some info I would appreciate it. When I join games on my own I get into what the game says is a below 50 ping game every time. But as soon as I have another person in my party and we join a game it goes at least to what the game says is 75 ping. Now as when a third person gets in the party it never goes below 100 ping then four or more it is 150 and takes 5 minutes minimum. A little info first it doesn't matter if the people in the party have "good" or "bad" connections it is the same for them, 50 ping when they are on their own and then it rises the same as mine does. It doesn't matter what combination of friends are in the party either. Just curious why this is and if anyone thinks it will be fixed, because it is an obvious issue.  Also just as another part of the question, lets say I am joining a game by myself and I get into a game that is under 50 ping, as usual, but there is a group of 4 or 5 in a clan or party that are able to get into this supossed 50 ping lobby. Why are other large groups able to get the "good" rooms and our groups can't?

• Re: Party size

No ideas on this huh?

I am experiencing the same issues as stated above.  We get into matches just fine if we have three people in our party but as soon as we add a fourth, it takes  about ten minutes for us to get into a lobby.  this was never an issue in previous titles.  I don't know what you guys did to "fix" the multi-player in this game, but I know at least six people who are regretting buying this game.  Out of the six three of us are elite members who, at this point, will not be subscribing to the service in the future.

I am experiencing the same issues as stated above.  We get into matches just fine if we have three people in our party but as soon as we add a fourth, it takes  about ten minutes for us to get into a lobby.  this was never an issue in previous titles.  I don't know what you guys did to "fix" the multi-player in this game, but I know at least six people who are regretting buying this game.  Out of the six three of us are elite members who, at this point, will not be subscribing to the service in the future.

No one else having this issue. No moderater to comment on it?

cranium2001

95% of my friends are from my area. The only time the ping rises for us/me is when one of our friends several states away joins the party. We had him leave the party one night after waiting a good 5 minutes. As soon as he left we got into a game. I don't know if that matters, just an observation. And, by the way, acouple guys in the party have a pretty poor broadband connection and we usually don't have trouble.

That is kind of what I was thinking as well. Because I also noticed that as the day gets later the connection gets worse. I am thinking this is because there are more people from the west coast getting on and it is slowing things up for me on the east coast. I guess this game isn't ready for a "true" gaming experience, sad