21 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 1:55 AM by ELITE_Help RSS

PS3 cant connect to game server mw3 and mw2

I have been online with activision support for 2 days they say they dont know what is wrong i jave tried everything they have offered forward ports open dmz contact isp del cache etc even removed game data i can connect to blackops and anyother game i have just not mw2 and 3. And my psn id and system isnt banned. Can anyone help me plz.

• Re: PS3 cant connect to game server mw3 and mw2

Yeah same here. Mine was playing up on monday dropping in and out and then tuesday I can not connect. I have tried tech support etc same thing you went through. So far the only thing I can think of is that the servers are not working properly and only a select few are being denied access because of it (yet on the status is says its working perfectly).

seems like im sh*t outta luck on figuring out this problem. same things happenin to mine, haven't been able to log on since sunday. thought itd be solved by now but all the crap they tell you to do isnt working so is it possible it could be a corrupt disc??

rpatto92

Wow this is so stupid a group of intelligent guys all with the same issue and nobody thought to either mention they'd tried asking on twitter or bother in the first place. I'm also experiencing this same problem and the first thing I thought to do is contact all of the lead development team i.e Robert Bowling, Guy Beahm, etc. I'm assuming since some of you guys have already tried using Activision useless support page, that trying myself would be fruitless, so I'm not going to bother.

That said I haven't heard anyone propose a solution other than moaning on here, so I will propose an answer, starting by getting an appropriate response from someone on the development team, if this is a big enough problem they'll sort it out. The best way to do this would be via twitter or any other forms of contacting these guys you know of.

Here a message that fits nicely on twitter so copy an past if you like as the more people we get to bug them about this issue the more likely they are to give us an answer: Plz help several people are having problems playing online here's a link to the forums about this issue http://goo.gl/3UXIM

Also here's the @Twitter accounts: @CallOfDutyElite @InfinityWard @SHGames @fourzerotwo @GlenSchofield @GuyBeahm and the Treyarch guys as well, as the may get wind an pass on the message: @Treyarch @JD_2020 @DavidVonderhaar.

Ahha "get wind"

rpatto92

Oh just out of interest who's played the campaign out of everyone here. I don't think it will have anything to do with it but I'm trying to discount any of the variables, or to say I think its just a possibility that me having not played the campaign may cause some sort of glitch with the last update and it is some how interacting with some of the online systems maybe. Very unlikely maybe every impossible but I don't like to take things likely.

This issue is caused by corrupt data that goes from your console to the MW3 servers. Usually caused by blocked ports. Then what happens is the servers revert to the last knwon good data try thishttp://portalpcgaming.blogspot.com/2011/12/port-forwarding-for-video-games.html

There is a link in that article to the port numbers

rpatto92

Thank for the help but I just don't think it that simple anyway surly you've read at the top over people have already tried and found that port forwarding hasn't worked for them so I don't think its that issue, it could be a number of things causing this to happen, no of which I know how to resolve. Anyway forwarding port is only usually a problem with older router I think most people probably have new routers if they're really into playing games, for the purpose of connect strength.

Maybe it would be a good idea to first try and determine the cause instead of just suggesting possible solutions.

Right first thing we need to do is to find out what problem we have in common and any variables we have.

My equipment: PS3 original 60G using standard cables nothing special, standard copy of MW3 and MW2, I use the original CAT6 ethnet cable supplied with PS3, I have NetGear router N150 wireless ADSL2+Modem Router DGN1000SP its connected direct to my PS3, I live the UK and I'm currently on Orange Home phone and Boardband. My download is 6MB or higher my upload is nearly 1MB, Ping around 25 to 30msp and I have an A* line rating.

I unlike others have only found this problem occurring since the 21st of the 12 but that simple because I hadn't played it for a few days, it was working perfectly up unit this point but I hadn't tested it on this new network unit then as I'd been on over games. When connecting online via the play online screen after several minuets of loading saying "Connecting to Online Services..." it bring up a message then saying "The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/status for updates".

Oh and have just tried MW2 and I have no problem getting online and into a game.

If everyone else could give their experience and details of their set up it might help determine a common issue or standard we all have.

yea iam having a problem of same kind except every time i click on find game it freeze on 50.9% then when i go back to were it says find game it freezes there for a min and i lose connection to psn 3 out of 5 times and it pops up and says your user sign has been changed with the hell is this crap on mw3 multi billion dollar company and you cant afford to keep your customers happy i guess they forgot us as customers are the ones they pay there bills they'll remember when the next one comes out and they say 1,000 copies

yea iam having a problem of same kind except every time i click on find game it freeze on 50.9% then when i go back to were it says find game it freezes there for a min and i lose connection to psn 3 out of 5 times and it pops up and says your user sign has been changed with the hell is this crap on mw3 multi billion dollar company and you cant afford to keep your customers happy i guess they forgot us as customers are the ones they pay there bills they'll remember when the next one comes out and they say 1,000 copies

rpatto92

Hey guys found a solution that's worked for me, I phoned my broadband service provider and this is what he told me to do.

I have a Netgear router with orange broadband, you'll need to open up your router setting menu by putting 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into your browser, you may need to check with your service provider in-case its different to mine but usually its one or the other. After entering this into your browser a window should appear with and prompted you to enter a login and password. These are usually User: admin Password: admin alternatively your password could be password at default. You'll then need to find the section that covers ADSL settings, on my Netgear router it’s on the left, in the side bar under setup, then you need to look for Multiplexing Method and change it to LLC-BASED instead of VC-BASED and click apply (on an Netgear router that is) save or whatever it is on your router. Give your PS3 a try and you should be fine from here.

Of course I am using a wired connection straight into my PS3, I found it isn’t all that great with a wireless connection but since I’ve used a wired connection it’s faster than ever. Hope this has helped, If all else fails call your service provider if their good enough they’ll help you out and know what to do.

i cant connect to mw3 either i need help it says The call of duty server is not available at this time. please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/status for updates. and i went there and it said 404 error

me too mine says cant connect to server please visit later or visit www.callofduty.com/mw3/status for updates

I thought I would update those that my situation has been rectified. The problem I was having was that there was something wrong with the firmware of my router. Upon downgrading the firmware (researching the firmware that was being used was in beta would explain the problems) everything is fine now... well as fine as it can be lol.

yeah same happening on xbox i keep on getting disconneted from games evr since the new update now please fix it