11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 11:20 AM by avengedyesterday RSS

So is there any way to detect a turbo controller?

I came accross another one today and it made me sick. The rss in full auto is a death machine. And believe me I know the diff between a quick finger and full auto. So, How about one of you tweeters maybe ask fourzerotwo about it? Because it's a growing problem. Nay sayers don't waste your time telling me there aren't turbo controllers being used, I mean google it for pete sake.

• Re: So is there any way to detect a turbo controller?
    dastealth

Modded Rapid Fire controllers can be detected based on the consistency of the rate of fire. This should be reflected within the ingame report as it should record all of the details including bullets

I posted on a thread earlier about this very thing.

Turbo or rapid fire controllers shots are pulsated evenly, like pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop

quick trigger finger, the shots are irregular, like poppopop-pop-pop-poppop-pop-pop

A human cannot possibly shoot in regular intervals like a modded controller can.

I guess I should re phrase the question as we all know the answer, So I guess it's better to ask" can the game servers detect and record them game to game and forward it to the developers resulting in a ban?" They plan to ban the token glitchers and to be honest I believe a turbo controller presents a bigger advantage than some early gear unlocks.

dastealth

They have access to all game videos no matter whether or not Theatre is switched on. Then they can make a judgement on whether it is rapid fire mod or just a itchy trigger finger. Obviously it helps them if more people report the same person for the same thing. Also if you do see a rapid fire mod, File Complaint against them and MS will look into it with in 24 hours.

I'm not sure, if I recall correctly there were several bans given out when CoD4 came out due to modded controllers.  I heard that the servers COULD in fact detect them.  Now thats just hearsay, don't take my word for it.

starbuckfrack

The game THINKS at 60 fps so any rapid fire controller can be detected. UNLESS the RF modded controller has a random macro (whatever) that makes it pause for 1 frame then 3 frames then 2 frames etc, like a persons finger can. (underexaggerated and they very likely dont make those)

But the popopopop guy is right modded controllers can be detected by the milliseconds between presses.

But I will say the auto fire shotgun I use sounds like a modded controller with no "jam"

forgot to add a wrongly made modded controller or an "outdated" modded controller can easily be beaten. MS official controllers have a "kill switch" and if that solution is not solved then the most the controller will do is turn on your Xbox and not be detected due to the kill switch fails.

Modded controllers are sometimes outdated by game updates and by every Xbox Live update out there. Thats why those makers of MCs will give you an update for a nominal fee.

starbuckfrack

Microsoft can send a signal to your Xbox and controllers to detect any unauthorized modifications. Section 14 even says that they are allowed to check all software AND hardware AND peripherals connected to the service.

Only MS has access to that code, not ven game devs have it.

Just FYI

I posted this a little while ago and just pasted it unedited

modded contorllers are bannable in the game as well as Xbox Live. In short if they open them up to change a spring its a violation. BTW the modded controllers you see online... You are not buying a controller you are actually buying a "service" for them to do that. Thats how they get around the legalese.

Dont get them confused with rapid fire controllers such as the Xbox dot com third party page, which has one or two legit ones. MS does frown upon these to be used online due to unfairness but players with those still suck. But these are still authorized by Microsoft.

AND

Dont get them mixed up with rapid fire controllers NOT authorized buy Microsoft. One of those are the ones made by codejunkies (Datel). They sell them in Gamestop. If you were to read the fine print on the last page of the manual you would see where they say

"are 100 percent unofficial products and are NOT endorsed approved or licensed by Microsoft or games developer or publisher"

Even though Walmart and Gamestop, etc sell these they are still not allowed. I will not menton the names but their are 2 versions of 2 controller names.

avengedyesterday

If IW was that worried about it all they would have to do is put in firecaps. It's pretty obvious if you are hitting the fire button consistantly faster than humanly possible. The games are smart enough today to be able to detect these things, jam up the gun problem solved.