19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2011 11:08 PM by Sin-oner RSS

gaming headsets

im looking at joining a clan ( first time since cod4 ) but everyone says the same must have headset but i find them a distraction and can play just as good or bad with or without them so what do think do headsets make you a better player ?

• Re: gaming headsets
    dflannagan10

I've DEFINITELY improved since aquiring Astro A40's in August 2010.

They're quite expensive, though. You definitely do not need to go that high in price to find a quality headset.

Check out TurtleBeach.com or TrittonUSA.com for some great headsets that are a lot cheaper than Astro Gaming's headsets.

Follow me on twitter.

anoreo

Headsets are amazing. You can game loudly without anyone complaining to turn down the volume. Most importantly, the sound is around you, not coming at you which is great for determining where footsteps or silenced AR shots are coming from.

ive already got a pair turtlebeach Ear Force XLC just dont like using them lol i was just wondering if people played better with or without them

• gaming headsets
        iivrruummii

The XLC didn't really do anything for me.  That is why I bought PX5.  I love using them but I don't use them all the time.  But for $250 some people would say I should.

Well you can get a turtle beach p11 for cheap, its a very good headset. obv not the most expensive one but still as good,, or the wireless one which is the new turtle beach p15 i think they are called.. i have the p11 and its great. and yh if your in a clan playing team based objectives they are a must.. for FFA guess they are good for sound whoring.. they make you more in tune with the game and more alert i guess

I have the T.B. x41 and they are pretty good. Some people say having a good headset is cheating ("sound whoring") but its not. Also if you use netflix through your Xbox you can use the head set for that.

SteelSeries Spectrum 5xb is a pretty good headset for xbox 360, and its not very expensive.

You bring up a really good point, gaming headsets do help you improve ingame but at the same time they can make you play worse. It depends on what your discussion over the headset is, like if your talking tactically and about the game then you'll improve but if you have a friend like mine who randomly decides to ask me if im french even though he knows im not then it could definately be a distraction.

If the clan your joining is seriouse about getting members or they are a real/legit clan they wouldn't mind if you put down your headset to play a little. Every clan wants a good player to rank them up to the tops, and if your a good player when your headset is off they won't kick you out.

Hope I helped

• gaming headsets
    night_i-iavvk

Astro A-40's for 3 years now. Great investment. Being able to hear better will greatly improve your gaming.

• gaming headsets

they need to bring some gaming glasses out because my hearing is spot on its my eye sight that not as good now lol

• gaming headsets

I play FPS since 1999, and from then on since today the Quality of headsets kept getting better and better. To your question: Yes, you will definately improve your Gameplay when using a surround headset. I for myself can highly recommend Astro A40. Not a cheap investment, but worth it every cent hope it helps. Cheers

• gaming headsets

From CoD4 through BO (minus WaW) I've always had a 2.5+ K/D with no headset.  I finally buckled, however, and bought a Turtle Beach X12 with a DSS adapter for BF3 and MW3 as my official Microsoft Wireless Headset is on it's deathbed and I didn't want to waste $60 on another one. 

We shall see how it affects my game.

• gaming headsets
    ogkshemiramoth

I have Tritton AXpros, and i love them, they are true 5.1 surround, 4 speakers per ear cup... i actually had to by a pair for my fiance as well because she was jealous that they sounded so much better than her turtle beach x31's... the only thing distracting about a headset is when someone walks in a room and trys talking to you when they know full well that you cant hear them...

• gaming headsets
    meca_666

I have Turtle Beach X4's. My game got better and my wife got happier. I can play at awhatever volume and i dont wake her up.... except when i scream at the TV.

• gaming headsets
    con_con18

my first headset was a x1 and i got it from my brother in 2009 and i improved a bunch i bought a x11 when blackops came out and im very happy with them i would get a astro headset if i had the money to waste but i dont

• gaming headsets

Headsets give you a HUGE advantage over any player who doesn't use one. I'm currently using Turtle Beach x41 (wireless surround) which are pretty damn amazing. I'm waiting on the new Tritton Warhead 7.1 though for it being the XBOX 360 only 100% Wireless Surround Sound headset. If you want to get competative a good headset is required guarenteed. Better the headset, the better the sound, the better the sound-whoring can be

• gaming headsets

Yeah I found it really hard to use them.. then i started playing with them so my gf could sleep and wouldn't ***** and i found that you do have an advantage.. you can hear your enemy if they are using a perk without ninja and you get more focused and get your head in the game...!! get tritton's tho turtle beach suck