48 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2011 6:06 PM by burritosupremed7 RSS

This Is Why Theyll Never Have 4 Player Spec Ops

It is NEVER gonna happen.

1) More players=easier=stupid and boring.

2) The game is based around 2 players: if one dies the games over, enemies spawn out of opposite corners of the map so if all "4" players camped in the corners of the maps theyd have no where to spawn. aaand...

3) It seems like no ones thought about match-making. If theres 16 maps from the very beginning, thats gonna spread out the number of people on each map by alot more than zombies. Even up until the 5 new/old maps were released, zombies was a pain in the ass to find 3 good players when there were just 5 maps. Imagine 16..from the beginning. With the 20 dlc maps theyll release, at the end of the year the whole spec ops community will be spread over 36 MAPS!!! with 2 players, match making will be a breeze compared to zombies.

• This Is Why Theyll Never Have 4 Player Spec Ops

This post seems spot on to me. Perfect collection of information.

1) the number of players decides difficulty so the more players the harder it is....

2)They will spawn in the corners either way so if you are all seperated your screwed...

3)You have a better chance of getting a good player out of three than one or do what i do and play with a group of guys you know are good

4) if they make it 1-4 players you get to decide how to play... i prefer a foursome to ur two-way

5) i dont like having to choose just one friend to play with

ok..to your little count down:

1) no it doesnt. in zombies the number of players determined how many zombies spawn each round, not how much health they had or how soon they started running. so youre wrong. 1-0.

2) have you played survival with 4 players? no, they dont even have the option, so youre wrong again. you have no idea what would happen. 2-0.

3) a) 1 out of 3 is 33% chance of a good player; 1 out of 1 is 50% chance of a good player. ill take a 50% over 33% anyday. 3-0. and b) thats mutual with everyone, thats why you can have friends on consoles. still 3-0.

4) thats a personal opinion and the game isnt even out yet so you wouldnt know what youd like for survival. were talking about survival not zombies. still 3-0.

5) neither do i, ill give you that one. 3-1.

Looks like they made the right choice, and honestly you can continue to ask for it but a disappointed 10% isnt going to bring any changes to the game.

• Re: This Is Why Theyll Never Have 4 Player Spec Ops
        wsb991

Both of your percentages are all wrong.

Zombies:

The chances of matching up with atleast one good person is 3 out of totalPeopleOnline.

Survival:

The chances of matching up with another good person 1 out of totalPeopleOnline.

So actually in zombies you are 3x more likely to find a good person.

But if in matchmaking you get to choose the map you are looking for then the odds of finding a good person could dramatically increase or dramatically decrease.

Wow this guys an idiot. Im sorry, i mean probably still in a middle school math level. If there are TWO available slots for players (survival) and you take one up, that leaves one open. So the chances of getting ONE good player, because all you need other than yourself is ONE, is 50%.

In zombies you have FOUR slots available and you fill up one of them. That leaves THREE open slots for good/bad players to enter. For a game with the same good/bad player ratio as survival you would need ALL of those slots to be filled with good players.

For example if you were unknowingly matched with a terrible player in spec ops, the ratio of G/B players would be 1:1, one good (yourself) and one bad. To match that ratio in zombies you would still need to be matched up with one other good player to make the G/B player ratio 2:2, two good players (yourself and one other) and two bad players.

So, if you want a good game in zombies you need ALL FOUR players to be good. That means the probability of matching 3 consecutive good players is actually worse than what i said before. When its just you in the lobby, the probability of getting the first match as a good player is 50% just like spec ops because its only 2 players. When it chooses the third player, the probabilty of your whole lobby then being filled with all good players is 33% (if the one before was a bad player then you've already lost your chance of having all good players). Then the last player, your probability of having a entire good player team is 25% (obviously if the one before this one was a bad player than again you've lost your chance of having ALL good players).

So in the end survival has a 50% chance of ALL GOOD PLAYERS, and zombies has a 25% chance. Even if you lose the 50% chance in survival and get a bad player, zombies would still only have the same 50% chance each time it chooses a player to pick one more good player to match survival's 1:1 with 2:2.

Please tell me theres one smart guy out there that understands this or is also taking college statistics haha.

Wow this guys an idiot. Im sorry, i mean probably still in a middle school math level. If there are TWO available slots for players (survival) and you take one up, that leaves one open. So the chances of getting ONE good player, because all you need other than yourself is ONE, is 50%.

In zombies you have FOUR slots available and you fill up one of them. That leaves THREE open slots for good/bad players to enter. For a game with the same good/bad player ratio as survival you would need ALL of those slots to be filled with good players.

For example if you were unknowingly matched with a terrible player in spec ops, the ratio of G/B players would be 1:1, one good (yourself) and one bad. To match that ratio in zombies you would still need to be matched up with one other good player to make the G/B player ratio 2:2, two good players (yourself and one other) and two bad players.

So, if you want a good game in zombies you need ALL FOUR players to be good. That means the probability of matching 3 consecutive good players is actually worse than what i said before. When its just you in the lobby, the probability of getting the first match as a good player is 50% just like spec ops because its only 2 players. When it chooses the third player, the probabilty of your whole lobby then being filled with all good players is 33% (if the one before was a bad player then you've already lost your chance of having all good players). Then the last player, your probability of having a entire good player team is 25% (obviously if the one before this one was a bad player than again you've lost your chance of having ALL good players).

So in the end survival has a 50% chance of ALL GOOD PLAYERS, and zombies has a 25% chance. Even if you lose the 50% chance in survival and get a bad player, zombies would still only have the same 50% chance each time it chooses a player to pick one more good player to match survival's 1:1 with 2:2.

Please tell me theres one smart guy out there that understands this or is also taking college statistics haha.

It would not be a problem finding 4 players for spec ops because the issue is treyarchs on zombies

buddy you dont get it. eventually we'll have 36 maps. you think youll find 4 players like that if you were trying to play the least popular map? it wont be impossible just like the waw maps werent in BO before they were released for everyone even though youd have 76 people playing in the whole world. Im just saying IW is a lot more efficient company company than Gayarch and they pride themselves on that (like match-making and host migrations), another plus to thier 2player spec ops will be reeeally short game matching.

No you dont. Just because you throw around some stats doesnt make you right. Again you are using BO and its crap servers as back up. So many people play COD, and if this mode is good many of those people will be playing Spec Ops, so it shouldnt be a problem finding 4 people and it its not that good, where it would be hard to find 4 people, then it doesnt deserved to get played anyways. Regardless, just do the ready up thing like in zombies, except if 2 people ready up then the match can begin. Everyone is happy this way, if its hard to find 4 you can just do 2 players, or if you want to wait for more players then you can.

My >>>OPINION<<< on why they did the 2 player Spec Ops is so when they come out with COD: MW4 then they can add 4 players to it and then people will be like "OMG OMG it has 4 players Im sooo getting this."

Well this is not my >>>>>>OPINION!!!<<<<<< they made the game to fit 2 players. All multiplayer maps INCLUDING small ass maps like dome. Have you seen gameplay of dome? you think itd make any sense at all to put 4 players in a nuketown sized area? thats just f*cking stupid. The games already made, they wont change this, and yeah they totally could make "MW4" or whatever its gonna be 4 player but make it based around 4 players. This game is for 2 and its gonna **** zombies and maybe even as popular as multiplayer.

happyfunrun

OK, for the crap about when they have 36 maps, and your trying to find 4 players, it wont be a problem, you just wont get to choose the map unless you were playing a private match.

I win.

You really don't need to get mad, let alone swear, in your posts.

To be honest it makes you seem childish or like an angry person (and let's face it, no one wants to hold a conversation with an angry person..)

Your first point is an opinion. As it's been said, it's the same with zombies. The more people, the more zombies. Not definitely harder, not definitely easier. It's all based on yours and your teammates' skill.
    If you have one crappy teammate, they may get downed, leaving 3 people fighting off a 4-people zombie amount while trying to get to the teammate to revive them, usually resulting in the reviver getting raped from behind if your team isn't coordinated. If this happens, you're down to 2 players against a 4-player swarm. I'd say this makes it a bit more difficult as they can come from different directions in different sized groups. If you have to reload or even if your guns aren't instantly killing them, they can swarm up and eat you alive. (Quite literally )

As for your second point, they don't just spawn in random corners.. As you said, no one has played the game so no one would know. However, it can be seen in the trailer that certain teams/waves get sent in via helicopter. For all I know, that may just be juggernaughts, but do you really think IW will set 4 spawns, one in each corner on large/semi-large maps? That would just be.. I don't even know.

Regarding your third point, I completely agree and understand where you're coming from. It would be ridiculous to try getting three teammates (decent ones, anyways) for a single map when it's player base diverses across 16+ maps.
    However, what about a private match, like in zombies? I really see no downside to this, as there wasn't in Black Ops either (that I know of?). You wouldn't be searching for teammates, you would already have your teammates (e.g any 1-3 friends).

Not everyone has just one friend that they play with, and not everyone feels like playing with a single random person. That could get awkward..

Cheers!
    -A Shiddy Gamer

Umm, i didnt know i was swearing.. i said small a*as maps and r*ape zombies. If you just figure out what im saying it doesnt sound mad at all.

For your first point, thats not your opinion, thats completely true. But you all keep reffering to ZOMBIES. This isnt going to be anything like zombies what so ever. These are smart AI now and use tactics like hiding behind objects ond retreating and rushing you. If your teammate is down behind you, dont you think youll have a good 15 seconds to retreat, revive him and probably stand there till they follow you and get in shooting distance? Survival is built around surviving and 2 players is much harder than 4. If its built to where you should be able to easily get to your partner to revive him IF he doesnt have a self-revive then think about 4 players. All 4 having self-revives, say somehow EVERYONE goes down in one round (cause you can just rebuy them every round and maybe even in the middle of the round), then you still got 3 people to come get you if you go down, then two, then one. Youve got to be absolutely terrible at this game if you go down like that. Idt basically be like the moon easter egg of having all perm perks but from the very beginning and with the survival style of easily being able to revive cause thats the point of the game.

Ok for your second point, umm.. IVE PLAYED THE GAME. At cod xp. And 1) Robert Bowling explained how they spawn out of the opposite corners of the map from where you are (not all right on top of each other in the pin point corner, but just in the far corner areas alright haha). And when i played it they all came from the corners if you just hit start and look at your mini map. I was saying no ones played the game, like it isnt out for everyone to finally calm down and be like whoa i really like this 2 player.

For the third part, yeah some agree and some will never agree because itll never be in the game to be a problem for people to complain about (im talking about 4 players). But yeah obviously private maches are always except for sometimes distances can cause weird game invite problems, only a problem in gayarch zombies though.

True, but I seem to be online the same time with only few certain people (like 10pmish to 3amism) so ill probably only play with those people everytime. And randoms in zombies isnt weird, theres some funny ass people out there.

What could be a problem is friendly fire is locked on...soo i a random gets mad at you he could just kill you and not revive you if he wanted..

burritosupremed7 wrote:

It is NEVER gonna happen.

1) More players=easier=stupid and boring.

2) The game is based around 2 players: if one dies the games over, enemies spawn out of opposite corners of the map so if all "4" players camped in the corners of the maps theyd have no where to spawn. aaand...

3) It seems like no ones thought about match-making. If theres 16 maps from the very beginning, thats gonna spread out the number of people on each map by alot more than zombies. Even up until the 5 new/old maps were released, zombies was a pain in the *** to find 3 good players when there were just 5 maps. Imagine 16..from the beginning. With the 20 dlc maps theyll release, at the end of the year the whole spec ops community will be spread over 36 MAPS!!! with 2 players, match making will be a breeze compared to zombies.

Like its been mentioned, your number one is just an opinion. They also could've easily made it so that for every additional player over two players that join, the health/amount of enemies increases x1. So if you're playing with four players, there would be twice as many enemies and they'd have twice the health.

About your number two, it can go either way. If the game was made for four players, it would be adjusted accordingly. Spec Ops, as it is now, wont work with four players since it's made for two players. If they made it with four players in mind since the beginning, it would be a different system.

Will there ever me four players in this Spec Ops? No, I'll agree with you on that one. But they should've made it for four players since the beginning.

mralpharogue

I say who gives a flying pigs pork chops?

So you can't play with 3 friends. *Shrug* Who cares. Have a LAN party. Problem solved. They can play a game in the same room and you can play yours. OR have your buddies join the party chat and have a competition to see which two man team is better?

Anywho, I don't see what the huge deal is. It will be a blasty blast regardless.

i would'nt mind 2 player spec ops if ps3 had cross-game chat

its all based on teamwork its eaiser to communicate with 2 people then it is 4 people so you have to do everything you can to keep that person alive

its based on teamwork its eaiser to communicate with 2 people then  it is 4 people so you have to do everything in your power to keep that person alive

its all based on teamwork its easier to communicate with 2 people then it is 4 people and knowing you dont have 2 other buddies you have to do everything in your power to keep that person alive

i see a few guys are pissed with the spec ops options and having no combat training

please check out my thread about custom gameplay options with spec ops by clicking here

Zombies will still be better though

corners and sides!!! and zombies is boring because IW is awesome

To your point about matchmaking, at least make it so you can do 4 players in private matches.

To your point about matchmaking, at least make it so you can do 4 players in private matches. And spawning, maybe allow it on big maps.

I am pretty sure you can't select the map. You can just select Survival and you will be put in a random map, just like regular multiplayer, so there goes your point three...

IRAssault100

I agree with you 4 players would take out any stradegy involved instead of just 2 players.

Survival Mode HAS 4 PLAYERS..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPnGMtN-B8g&ob=av3n

Spec Ops Missions i think has 2 players.

But the mssions i like to have 2 players. thats better but survival is great with 4

dhaddix1

They're avoiding 4 players and did so in mw2 to avoid the stigma of following treyarchs zombie mode. They want their own defining game mode and don't want to seem like copy cats so thus 2 player limit.  It will suck though if one player rage quits and whoops all your progress ended because that 1 guy is a b!tch

To the person that was pulling stats out of their ass. As much thought as you put into that, it was wrong. You over looked a MAJOR factor in your equation.

If you have ever played a call of duty, then you very well know that it depends on how many good players and bad players there are. At any one time, I'd say there is no more than 15-20% good players online compared to that of the 80%+ bad players.

It seems like your forumla is based off of having an equal amount of G/B players. And that is NEVER the case.

goodness.. he's saying that the chance to get a good player is 50% because it's one slot. i see where you're coming from, but that wasn't what he was referring too. It'll be a better chance to have a good team if there is only 2 spots available, not 4 spots- that was the point he was trying to make. The whole 15-20% and 80% good-to-bad ratio doesn't give any effect to the equation

Exactly liiinxdipshit, my point was your odds of getting good players (the percentage of good players is COMPLETELY irrelevant) is greater when only being matched with 1 player instead of 3.

As for the statistics out of my ass comment, I have never once listed a STATISTIC. I listed indisputably accurate PROBABILITIES.

Go back to middle scho...sorry, finish middle school and get back to me when you know what the hell youre talking about bud.