43 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2012 4:11 PM by Xx_drizzit_xX RSS

Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

Everyone stop saying it will unbalance the game!!! No it wont. Its Call Of Duty, they wont mess it up like other games have. And most of all stop saying its unfair, is it unfair to people who dont buy map packs cause they dont have the new fun maps to chance things up? Just like with new map packs, theyll have it set up to where youll only be matched up with people who have the same DLCs as you. So cut it out or ill smack you.

  • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

    They could still allow people who buy gun packs play with those who don't have them. It wont make it unbalanced unless the guns from the DLC packs are insane (OHK's, for example).

  • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

    they wont make gun packs... all it will be is a new skin for an existing gun, so it would be you buying a... picture. which means you are really wasting your money, also they use up all the memory on disk with the game and stuff for the cr@ppy map packs, so they would have no where to put some of the **** the need to make it work. adding guns to call of duty will never happen and will never work.

  • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs
    anoreo

    I wouldn't mind different guns that are possibly copy-pasta. 3arc should make that DLC because they are the experts of copy-pasta stat guns. For example, for World at War I would have paid money to see the Ray Gun, Wonderwaffe DG-2, Monkey Bombs and PaP'd weapons in multiplayer. Simply re-texture the .357 magnum, the Kar98k, a sticky grenade and just a retex for every other gun. That would have sold like hot cakes.

  • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

    i hope they never do dlc gun packs its just not fair on the people who havent got the money to buy them

    • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

      dfhfh wrote:

       

      i hope they never do map packs its just not fair on the people who havent got the money to buy them

       

      See what I did there?

      • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

        whats your point ?

        • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

          Saying they shouldn't do gun packs because it's "unfair" to people who can't buy them is like saying they shouldn't make any more map packs because it's "unfair" to people who can't by them.

           

          According to your argument, they shouldn't make any DLC because if some people can't buy it, it's unfair.

          • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

            it is unfair if someone hasnt got the money to buy a map pack they can still have fun playing with the maps they have but with guns its different imagine being mowed down by a overpowered gun you havent got because you havent got the money to buy them in the dlc

             

            just think how much ******** would go on on the forums

            • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

              dfhfh wrote:

               

              it is unfair if someone hasnt got the money to buy a map pack they can still have fun playing with the maps they have but with guns its different imagine being mowed down by a overpowered gun you havent got because you havent got the money to buy them in the dlc

               

              just think how much ******** would go on on the forums

               

              That's the thing. People are assuming that if guns are released as DLC, they're automatically going to be OP.

               

              They could easily add reskins of existing guns. For example, I like the AK's power, but I don't like how the AK looks. I'd prefer a gun with the same power but a different look. See what I'm saying?

  • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs
    brandaman

    There won't be gun packs because consoles don't have enough memory. I'd be pretty annoyed if they didn't fill it all up to begin with and then sold guns as DLC.

  • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs
    mralpharogue

    Why they WONT make gun packs:

     

    Because that is a very stupid idea.

     

    - -

  • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

    I'm all for a gun pack the game needs something diffrent i think they have been holding out on us we wont GUN PACK.

  • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

    They will make it so they can have more money to spend on prostitutes. And so they can buy their Audis and BMWs for their 16 year old daughters. And dont even try to hint that they will give it away for free, because you know that will never happen.

    • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs
      shadow_mako

      Now, spending money on a weapon skin is just stupid. If there´s no change on performance why bother. Apparently there will be DLC camos but Im not 100% sure yet. Among the 20 DLC they say will be realeased we´ll be looking at around 12 maps as usual. (BO had more because of zombies pack. Spec Ops and MP will utilise same maps on MW3 so there wont be a Spec Ops map pack)

      So from the 8 DLC left chances are camos and game modes.

    • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

      Well, if you get Elite premium, you WILL get it for free, lol

       

      Also, in reply to those saying "it will be unfair", I say this: make the weapons part of the map packs, that way they will only appear in those packs and everyone will therefore have them.

       

      Finally, in reply to those saying "I won't pay for reskins", even reskins, if they look and sound differently, would be a great addition, I don't know how many duplicate guns have been, where i have gone with the one that sounds and looks better, the M4 and ACR for example; those two were almost identical, yet i go for the M4 becasue I feel I do better with it, due to the firing sound, and the look of it, even though the ACR has slightly better recoil. Same goes for the Galil and Commando; i prefer the Commando, even though the galil is slightly superior.

  • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

    I don't see why people say if the DLC get gun then you could overpower other people.

    when you prestige  you get get wack guns, so people at a higher level got better guns or that don't prestige. people just have to adjust to the gameplay. nothing is fair when you at war.

    • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

      nothings fair when your paying for stuff you already had.   this game is a let down and im only buying it for the single player and the spec ops....my multiplayer is going to battlefield...the real war, without perks and deathstreaks and unrealistic gameplay. keep your tents pitched everyone...nothings changing in mw3....only thing is now you dont have to camp to get your kill streak, you can get it by dieing now as long as u kill someone before you die in that support package thing...very disappointing. this game is a let down and a half.  i went totally off topic on this but im lit about this....id rather fight a real war than a war with people camping in corners and running around with marathon and using a silencer with ghost (THE PERK THAT SHOULDVE BEEN DELETED BECAUSE ITS THE MOST UNREALISTIC PERK) im done with cod....no regrets AT ALL.

      • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

        I think you're lost.  You're probably looking for:

        http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/215.page

        • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

          actually yes thats exactly what im looking for....i think i might leave cod for uncharted 3 though...this game is exact same as all the others i cant believe you guys would buy old **** for a new game....you guys are ******* stupiud and your getting ripped off...enough said.

          • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs
            brandaman

            Because so much has changed between Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, right? It's not just like it's the graphics. The gameplay isn't exactly the same, is it? There aren't only four game modes, are there?

             

            Stop being a fanboy. MW3 has changed plenty.

            • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

              im a fanboy of oth games....im buying both games...im just saying the multiplayer is exactly the same. same perks same guns same factions....SAME EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE STORY AND SPEC OPS (THE REASON IM BUYING) my multiplayer is going to other games cuz mw2 is the same as mw3. and ive found other topics on here saying th esame thing so im not the only one....cod is gonna die this game because people will realize theyre out of ideas.   at least you know who doesnt have perks to make you a supersoldier running like the wind (unrealistic) or a guy that can hide from a uav (unrealistic, unless if he was inside a house maybe) last stand was the most realistic perk they had. and they got rid of it cuz its the only thing that killed the camping ghosts.....developers got rid of the realistic perks so that they could become more unrealistic. this game is a let down.  i dont think i mentioned any other games in that one im not tryin to troll im jus saying even though i have elite i dont want old **** because it just means you cant make anything else...i wouldnt be suprised if any of the maps are remakes of the old ones...pathetic.

              • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

                Are you an idiot?

                 

                Name ONE sequel that wasn't almost EXACTLY like the one before it.

                 

                Know why a sequel is almost exactly the same as the previous? Because if you change it too much, it will throw people off.

                 

                Get a clue kid.

              • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs
                brandaman

                Saintz420 wrote:

                 

                im a fanboy of oth games

                No you're not.

                 

                 

                Saintz420 wrote:


                im just saying the multiplayer is exactly the same

                No it's not. BF3's MP is the same as BC2's.

                 

                 

                Saintz420 wrote:


                same perks

                Nope.

                 

                 

                Saintz420 wrote:

                 

                same guns

                Nope.

                 

                 

                Saintz420 wrote:

                 

                cod is gonna die this game

                Yeah, the game that sells tens of millions of copies year by year is going to randomly stop selling. Right.

                 

                 

                Saintz420 wrote:

                 

                at least you know who doesnt have perks to make you a supersoldier running like the wind (unrealistic) or a guy that can hide from a uav (unrealistic, unless if he was inside a house maybe) last stand was the most realistic perk they had. and they got rid of it cuz its the only thing that killed the camping ghosts.....developers got rid of the realistic perks so that they could become more unrealistic.

                It's not supposed to be realistic. Get that in your tiny brain. Guess what? No games are realistic. You can't respawn in real life.

                 

                 

                Saintz420 wrote:


                this game is a let down.

                Oh, you've played it? If not, you may want to revise your tenses.

                • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

                  BF3 and BC2 arent the same, they also don't have the same guns, so I have no idea where your getting that from.

                  • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs
                    brandaman

                    I never said they had the same guns.

                     

                    And yes, they are the same. Name on significant change from BC2 to BF3.

                    • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

                      Ok

                       

                      Addition of selective Fire

                      Tactical Lights and Laser Sights blinding people

                      EOD Bot

                      Remote Spawns

                      Gun Modifications

                      Graphics

                      Jets

                      Squad Leader Abilties

                      Frostbite 2.0

                      Bulidings being completely destructable

                       

                      Now name something new in MW3 that isn't in any previous Call of Duty game

                      • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs
                        brandaman

                        thebigb59 wrote:

                         

                        Addition of selective Fire

                        Tactical Lights and Laser Sights blinding people

                        EOD Bot

                        Remote Spawns

                        Gun Modifications

                        Graphics

                        Jets

                        Squad Leader Abilties

                        Frostbite 2.0

                        Bulidings being completely destructable

                        - That's a tiny change, hardly even noticeable.

                        - Also a small change, but I'll give you half a mark.

                        - That's just a new piece of equipment.

                        - Also a new piece of equipment.

                        - Give you that one, even if it is incredibly overdue.

                        - That's not a gameplay changer.

                        - That's hardly big. MW3 has added new killstreaks, which is basically equivelent.

                        - I'll give you half for that one too, since it's hardly anything and only affects squad leaders.

                        - That doesn't really count. You named half of the effects of the new engine and then named the engine.

                        - Yes, I'll give you that one.

                         

                        In total, two and a half marks out of ten. Tsk tsk.

                         

                        New in MW3?

                         

                        - New killstreak system

                        - Proficiencies

                        - Kill Confirmed

                        - The other new game mode, I forget the name

                        - New unlock system

                        - Brand new Spec Ops mode

                        - Improved audio (and yes, this is affecting gameplay)

                         

                        And that's just a few. It's hardly the same.

                        • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

                          brandaman wrote:

                           

                          thebigb59 wrote:

                           

                          Addition of selective Fire

                          Tactical Lights and Laser Sights blinding people

                          EOD Bot

                          Remote Spawns

                          Gun Modifications

                          Graphics

                          Jets

                          Squad Leader Abilties

                          Frostbite 2.0

                          Bulidings being completely destructable

                          - That's a tiny change, hardly even noticeable.

                          - Also a small change, but I'll give you half a mark.

                          - That's just a new piece of equipment.

                          - Also a new piece of equipment.

                          - Give you that one, even if it is incredibly overdue.

                          - That's not a gameplay changer.

                          - That's hardly big. MW3 has added new killstreaks, which is basically equivelent.

                          - I'll give you half for that one too, since it's hardly anything and only affects squad leaders.

                          - That doesn't really count. You named half of the effects of the new engine and then named the engine.

                          - Yes, I'll give you that one.

                           

                          In total, two and a half marks out of ten. Tsk tsk.

                           

                          New in MW3?

                           

                          - New killstreak system

                          - Proficiencies

                          - Kill Confirmed

                          - The other new game mode, I forget the name

                          - New unlock system

                          - Brand new Spec Ops mode

                          - Improved audio (and yes, this is affecting gameplay)

                           

                          And that's just a few. It's hardly the same.

                          We can to and fro here what's new between the two games and whats not, but lets not derail this thread and just end it here

          • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs
            esmorgue

            There you gooo...Go play a game that has no reason to change at all...Just like GoW. Although I love GoW, its nothing but a story.

  • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs
    thebiindsniper

    The major problem with Gun Pack DLC, is console memory.  That's the reason why they remove weapons from previous games, and replace them with the new ones.

     

    And even IF Gun Pack DLCs were possible on the console, they would HAVE to be free, and as part of a required update.  Otherwise, there will be complications.

     

    But Call of Duty DLC for free?  Activi$on won't ever allow it.

     

     

    ~RUGGED SAVIOR

     

     

    http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior
  • Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

    OP has never played any of the crappt F2P online shooters it seems.

     

    Take Combat Arms for instance. They have an item mall where you can purchase special guns and wutnot that other players can't. Everytime a game offers something like this, it always gives the player who spends the most money an advantage.

     

    The only way they should implement gun packs is if, like you said, they match you up with whoever has the same gun pack.

     

    Also, I think I'll keep trolling, OP's keyboard warrior talk makes me lol.

  • Re: Why They WILL Make Gun Packs

    its not like its gonna affect us,its not gonna really make a diffrence,its not like there giving out tanks and super aver powered guns that it has a 100 round mag and it takes 1 shot to kil someone