46 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 12:33 PM by Deztroyers RSS

cod2 master server - please restart it

gitman
thanks.
  • Re: cod2 master server - please restart it
    UnDead
    This seems to have been resolved "rebooted".  It's working for me again as of 4:33pm Est.
    gitman
    again, thanks to whomever took care of it.
    silverfox1965
    hi gitman,just joined.im a big cod2 online fan.tried 4 2 days now and master server wont download in servers....ie..."waiting"
    im in the u.k,any help?
    thanx
    silverfox1965
    HI AGAIN<JUST TRIED AND ITS WORKING....WAS CLOSE 2 SUICIDE ...;-)
    Guttermouth
    You're Welcome!

:)
    Zia1

Guttermouth wrote:

You're Welcome!

:)

For what? the COD 2 master server goes down every 2 to or 3 weeks for about 3 days at a time.
    Zia1
    Cod 2 master server down again. please fix it
    Guttermouth
    ok. i'll send a message to our server guy.
    gitman
    looks like its back up, thanks

and just an FYI - it appears that the CoD4 update server (provides the 'Auto-Update' menu functionality) also runs on that same box... that is down as well

heh, you guys hiring? i figured it would be more than one guy managing your production network...
    Willy
    guttermouth u c. I r teh bestststsstststs

/OPEN!!! WAHH
    Zia1
    Cod 2 master server is down again. please fix it
    |VM|Khayman
    Master Server is down yet again.
    foxxxxx2
    You guys have surely connections problems. I'm on my server since early this morning and it still running with players on it....
    gitman

foxxxxx2 wrote:

You guys have surely connections problems. I'm on my server since early this morning and it still running with players on it....

try to pull up the server list...
    btskully
    Here we go again its down yet again maybe they don't want us to play cod 2
    as this never happens with cod or cod uo  or cod 4 at a guess so why is it cod 2
    all the time, why is it a weekend this happens? some ppl put a lot of money and
    effort into trying to establish cod 2 servers, only for players not to find them because
    yet again the master server is down.
    Not only that what is the point in having punkbuster and a ban system as when the master
    server goes down there are no guids.
    So not only do players have a problem finding server ,when they do find a server they have to play along side cheats/hackers and people who are banned from servers for racism etc...
    Lardo
    The clan i'm with we're currently on a couple months old, so we're trying to establish ourselves. With the master servers going down all the time it's constantly holding us back, as above a lot of time and money go into making a server a success again your holding us back!  get the master servers back up please!
    Tickle My Anus
    Why does the COD2 master server suck so much cock? Please take the time to actually fix it and not just restart it every time it goes down. It's been down for the past 2 days and still no help from IW.
    Harvester_One
    Come on infinity its getting beyond a joke now!
    Please give a priority to getting the cod2 master server up and running again.
    Taylzon
    ok Infinaty Ward, this is getting silly.

We pay for a game which clearly states that it can be played online in multiplayer. this seems to be a lie as the master server is ONCE AGAIN down!! This seemed to never happen on cod1, cod uo and i'll bet my bottom dollar is doesn't happen on cod4 as i'll bet thats what infinaty ward are concentrating on. Its beyond me that a large company like yourselves can let this happen all the time and give yourselves a bad name by not supporting us when we need you, i'm sick and tired of the master server going down, punkbuster being nearly non existant so bans, hackers and cheaters can roam our servers causing games to be non fun for all who play.

infinaty ward, i urge you to respond to this thread and explain what is going on with the Cod2 master server and why it keeps letting us down. any company i've ever delt with would at least put forth a statement so thousands of people have at least some idea what is going on and when it will be Fixed.
    btskully
    like most businesses once they have had the initial money for a product there after sales service
    is practically  none existent.
    They take our money and run or thats the way it seems.
    Why do they have a forum like this attached to an infinityward website when infinity ward
    don't answer, don't issue statements , don't help with a problem with there products and dont
    ever seem to post..
    Like most things in life we have to bow down to the people with the money and wait till they
    can spare us a crumb of there valuable time time.
    The one thing they do forget its us little people that keep them in jobs and pay there wages
    btskully
    No reply or fix i see
    BTWulf
    No server list again.  This is bo**ux!!!!  Please someone take ownership and sort this out.
    Tickle My Anus
    Hopefully the only reason that this hasn't been fixed yet is that it's a weekend. If this isn't fixed after tomorrow then that's just shoddy customer service.
    captainXdaithi
    FIX THE MASTER SERVER, i paid for this online, so will you FRIGGIN' GIVE ME ONLINE BEFORE WE FORM A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST YOU!!! it says right on the box ONLINE, but we get no online...
    btskully
    Monday 12 noon still not fixed..
    well as this is a regular thing it seems to me that's this company or who ever is supposed to
    maintain the master server, is just a fly by night company , ive had better customer service
    from my local corner shop.
    If there is a problem why not just issue a statement but they don't even do that,
    personally i think they have fu***d up big time some were along the line and it would be
    costly to fix so they brush it under the carpet and ignore any questions about this.
    Its utter b*ll*x we are into our second month as a cod 2 clan, i have invested a shed load of
    time into my clan and getting our cod 2 servers populated and just as we are getting there
    this so called company f**s it all up.
    Do they care no of course they don't they have had the money out of you for the initial game
    so why do they need to worry now.

This is a quote form there info page

"Infinity Ward is home to over 100 of the most amazingly talented and dedicated developers in the industry today"

100 talented & dedicated people! is this why we have had no master server for days cause you guys have so much talent & dedication.
    Well i hope you all are voluntary cause people who don't provide the service they are supposed to should be replaced with some one who can fix the problem,
    or at least that's the way most companies work.
    I'm not saying you guys ain't talented as making the game you obviously are, but as
    for maintaining it u suck.
    some people put there heart and sole into there servers and clans pretty much like i guess
    some of you do into developing games so why the hell cant you understand how frustrating
    this is. What happens when you guys have a problem during development i bet you all work together to solve it !!!
    So wheres your team work when your customers need you!

I think its time to e mail them as they obviously don't take any notice of there forums..
    [email:2ll58x9o]Info@infinityward.com[/email:2ll58x9o]
    btskully
    i have set up a petition about this issue and will be posting it on all call of duty websites that
    have anything to do with cod 2.
    If you wish to sign the petition you can do so here [url:1m81wicz]http://www.petitiononline.com/9876345/[/url:1m81wicz]
    gitman
    :bump:
    Tickle My Anus
    Master Server is working now - 7:15pm est monday.
    btskully
    yes it is , until another 3 weeks the itll be down again it happens all the time on average every three weeks.
    That is why i decided to put together a petitian maybe they might take a bit more notice then
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?9876345">http://www.pet itiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... gi?9876345</a><!-- m -->

As no on else seems to have the gumption to do somthing
    btskully
    Here we go again no dam master servers well what a bunch of tards u lot are call urself a company i think money grabbin sham is more appropriate....
    Zia1
    BUMP any word on why this keeps happening IW?
    Allantheking

btskully wrote:

Here we go again no dam master servers well what a bunch of tards u lot are call urself a company i think money grabbin sham is more appropriate....

That's harsh ... Iw doesn't control the master servers activision does
    btskully
    do they not all work together do they not communicate with each other and also why has no one stated this in previous posts.
    surely iw monitor this forum if they are not to blame why don't some one from them speak.
    when i look at my game i see the names  iw and activision on it,so the way i see it is ,
    if both put there name to the game then both should be responsible for that game and the
    service that comes with it. ie multipalyer.
    I paid for my game in good faith same as all the other gamers out there, all i expect is to be
    able to utilize the game to its fullest potential. (in lamens terms it should do what it says on the tin)
    Taylzon
    exactly, i'm extreamly frustrated that this keeps happening. it says multiplayer ont he box, it does not say "multiplayer 50% of the time"
    Can SOMEONE from either activision or indeed IW please issue some sort of responce to this as the gaming community need to know whats happening, its like this. if your local bus company started only putting busses on 50% of the time with no explanation there would be an outcry and the company wouldn't just sit there faceless, they would issue a statement to say why they have done this and what they are going to do to fix it.
    Iw seems not to be doing this, seems to me they are big in name but not in actions.
    Tickle My Anus
    After only 6 days it's down again, great job activision/IW
    Cpl_Losom
    Ahh So its happening to everyone. i c =) i was siting here going crazy lol Well ill keep this page on side bard and F5 it every hr or so ill play single mode for now. Hope it gets up fast
    btskully
    i see how this is now i have just read the post about the cod 4 master server bieng down
    and they actuually have a post in there form a forum moderator not one post on the cod 2
    server being down.
    well that tells me that they dont care bout cod 2 anymore and are only looking after there latest game ....
    unbeleivable
    wnxadz
    the cod1, uo and 2 are down for us at wnx plz fix them so we can play the game we payed for hopefully it is just maintenance and they havnt stopped supporting it
    Taylzon
    Well I PM'ed all the staff for this site and asked them to comment on the cod 2 servers continually going down and not 1 person has messaged me back or commented, this tells me alot about IW and how they treat the people who buy their games.
    btskully
    well im sorry but these guys suck arse this is the 3rd weekend in a row the master server has been down im wasting my firkin time an money trying to establish a server on a total sham of a multi player system your all  money grabbing ass holes infinity ward and activision you don't listen or even care wot Ur customers think unless there are kissing your arse and saying wot  wonderful bunch of pricks u really are so u go and enjoy the money ppl like me waste on such a **** set up and if you go for a meal on our money i hope u firkin choke.
    please do not post and say im being harsh casue its the way it is, we have a problem with there service and they dont give a ****. so i  am speaking as i feel and as i find.
    Taylzon
    Well I have to agree with the above post, like i said i pm'ed all the staff of this site and asked them to comment but not 1 reply.. 3rd weekend in a row.. ridiculous, seems to me that IW and activision are faceless, big companys who couldn't care less.. i for one will not be buying anymore games produced by them if this is the service we can expect..
    bump
    Zia1
    Come on IW the cod 2 master sever is down again at least get with HQ AT activision what seems to be the dam problem. This game is still on store shelves if you cant support it please pull it off dam. or at least give some info about whats is going on? Whats it going to take for you people to resolve this matter.
    J.Rhy@n
    Passed on to IW, will keep you updated.

btthedoctor wrote:

Well I have to agree with the above post, like i said i pm'ed all the staff of this site and asked them to comment but not 1 reply.. 3rd weekend in a row.. ridiculous, seems to me that IW and activision are faceless, big companys who couldn't care less.. i for one will not be buying anymore games produced by them if this is the service we can expect..

You never Pm'ed me :)
    Taylzon
    erm yes i did and you replied saying

I informed Dk05 yesterday... he was on the case, as a forum moderator their is nothing much I can do.

, I didn't get a reply from him OR anyone else for that matter apart from yourself. Just shows me and everyone else on here that cod 2 doesn't seem to matter anymore.
    Deztroyers

Can you please reset the servers again