1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 102 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2009 1:30 PM by krisfx69 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    I could care less what the titles and emblems say. For me they don't add anything to game. I don't care what anyone's emblem or title is. Matter of fact, I can't even think of what my title and emblem are at this moment.
  • 21. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    CoD4&5NoSCopEzZ

Rhinosaur35 wrote:

PsyWood wrote:

I think the call signs are harmless, yes they're a little childish but they don't actually harm anyone. Personally I don't use them but I'm not offended when other people do.

The callsigns aren't physically hurting anybody, you're right. But IW is showing that pot is acceptable. And no matter what your views are, the law is the law.

Are you stupid? with that view, you must think iw is saying killing innocent people is acceptable. wtf
  • 22. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    Rhinosaur

Condey wrote:

"Seriously what do people not girl about. The titles and emblems hurt NO ONE! they are in there for fun seriously you hardasses, lighten up."

This. The game has many more pertinent problems to deal with then a harmless pot leaf.

I don't think I called for IW to put a hold to all future patches so it can delete all pot references. Maybe you can point out where I did.

I think it's in poor taste and I'm not the only one...and honestly I don't care if I am the only one. My opinion, you don't have to like it.
  • 23. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    T-dubbyf4i
    Who care's.. That's why the game is 18+ for a reason.
  • 24. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    multiplayerreport
    Most of you cant seem to comprehend the point of this thread.

IW are obviously potheads, which is why they put in so many pot callsigns. Potheads are lazy, which is why the game has so many glitches. No one's talking about pothead callsigns killing people...pay attention, potheads.

and dwight...helicopter callsigns belong in a war game. pot callsigns dont. what a moronic post you made.
  • 25. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    Rhinosaur

Diemaco_C8 wrote:

Rhinosaur35 wrote:

PsyWood wrote:

I think the call signs are harmless, yes they're a little childish but they don't actually harm anyone. Personally I don't use them but I'm not offended when other people do.

The callsigns aren't physically hurting anybody, you're right. But IW is showing that pot is acceptable. And no matter what your views are, the law is the law.

Are you stupid? with that view, you must think iw is saying killing innocent people is acceptable. wtf

I'll have to go ahead and answer no, I'm not stupid.

It's a war game. 18 year olds can fight in a war.

And yes, it's not the law everywhere. But I'm from the U.S., where it is.
  • 26. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    Condey
    "I agree.

Personally, I'm not offended by this stuff, but it bothers me because it does look bad. I will admit that many callsigns are cleverly designed, but I don't see the point in including marijuana symbols in the game in the first place.

I laugh when I see so many people with the marijuana leaf as their symbol because they actually think it makes them look cooler and tougher. Sad part is that at least 2 people in EVERY lobby will have this same symbol"

I would love to know how you got into everyones heads and decripted their individual, subjective motivations for having a pot leaf in their emblem. Truly, great power has been vested on you.

Seriously though, I have had the leaf in my emblem for a bit (I shuffle my emblems pretty frequently, though). I've never once asserted that it makes me "tougher" or "cooler" in any way. I enjoy weed on an entirely casual basis and I think the laws surrounding are outmoded and absurd so I use the emblem as means of displaying the pride I have in my decision over what lifestyle I choose to lead. Clearly, IW has some similar view and they don't mind expressing it. Maybe this is just catering, thats perfectly plausible but it remains to be seen and even if it was, why wouldn't a company cater their product to what they believe is a large demographic? Thats just good business.
  • 27. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game

multiplayerreport wrote:

Most of you cant seem to comprehend the point of this thread.

IW are obviously potheads, which is why they put in so many pot callsigns. Potheads are lazy, which is why the game has so many glitches. No one's talking about pothead callsigns killing people...pay attention, potheads.

and dwight...helicopter callsigns belong in a war game. pot callsigns dont. what a moronic post you made.

Well these same potheads made Cod4 too.
  • 28. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    Rhinosaur

multiplayerreport wrote:

Not his first. Not his last.
  • 29. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    Condey
    "I don't think I called for IW to put a hold to all future patches so it can delete all pot references. Maybe you can point out where I did.

I think it's in poor taste and I'm not the only one...and honestly I don't care if I am the only one. My opinion, you don't have to like it."

I never once said you did, I was just pointing out the meaningless nature of this discussion. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to refute yours as I see fit. My retort was that I found it not to be in bad taste and that our combined energies as a forum community could be better placed in other topics of contention.
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next