22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2013 3:46 AM by Swagtus RSS

Life...is stressful.

SeanSim
I just don't know how other people seem to do it.

I'm coming to the end of my forth year of college, and I need to find an internship -- hopefully set up for this summer. It's just frustratingly difficult. I have to juggle my normal class periods, homework, enough sleep, and clubs and events. And now, on top of this, I have to job hunt and be open for spontaneous interviews in a city that is half an hour away. And I have to make sure I am all signed up and paid for school housing (I go to college away from home). And commencements are coming up so I have to make sure I'm all ready for that.

It just feels like so much is on my plate. I don't know how other college students seem to do it. I just don't understand!

Heh, and I'm ranting to a video game forum. Pathetic, eh?
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    You'll be ok. Once you find your place you will feel that it was all worth it.  Any time you're doing anything new for the first time it's going to take some getting used to. One day you'll look back and wonder what you were even worried about.
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    SeanSim

    Blow_me_sky_high wrote:

     

    You'll be ok. Once you find your place you will feel that it was all worth it.  Any time you're doing anything new for the first time it's going to take some getting used to. One day you'll look back and wonder what you were even worried about.



    Once I have a job lined up, I'm sure I'll be fine. I will definitely be nervous, but who isn't?

    It's actually finding the job that is the tough part. Competing with all of the other job-seekers. The stressful part is that I want to find my internship to be in the summer because college living expenses are cheaper during that time. So I'm sort of in a time crunch!

    I just have to not let myself get too stressed out!

    Kaede Yuka wrote:

     

    I have yet to experience what your going through. I'm on my last year of high school, my spring break is mostly filled with studying for the upcoming entrance exams around the corner. Graduation is not to far away either.



    Well, good luck on your entrance exams. I'm just getting out of my spring break here. Nothing but job hunting.

    I really felt like I got a lot accomplished on my time off. I'm just fearing returning to college! I had a hard enough time managing just my classes, but then adding continued job searching on top of that!

    I need to stop overthinking things as well...
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    I know how you feel. In fact this is the most stressful school-year I've had and it's killing me. I swear, one of these days I'm going to die early because of too much stress.
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    ICEheaven103
    my life is kinda stress-free and i normally say to myself "just take it easy there" and im fine. its just my mom thats stressing out the little things.
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    Hedge x the 3rd

    ICEheaven103 wrote:

     

    my life is kinda stress-free and i normally say to myself "just take it easy there" and im fine. its just my mom thats stressing out the little things.


    Because you are only 13(is it?).
    ;D
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    ICEheaven103
    12. didn't you read my confession thread?
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    Hedge x the 3rd
    No...
    I haven't been on for 2 weeks >.>
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    ICEheaven103
    you mean a month
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    Hedge x the 3rd
    No internet and video games makes hedge a dull cookie @_@
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    ICEheaven103
    for all you high school, college and university students, here's a tip from a middle schooler: think to yourself, "take it easy" dont stress yourself out too much. might not work for everybody though
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    Hedge x the 3rd

    ICEheaven103 wrote:

     

    for all you high school, college and university students, here's a tip from a middle schooler: think to yourself, "take it easy" dont stress yourself out too much. might not work for everybody though


    I have in this upcoming week;
    An english oral exam on 'Frankenstein'
    A german oral exam of 2 different topics
    3 drama performances (in class,after school,and in front of only teachers who are being moderated)
    A geography written revising sheet
    a P.E GCSE p.e.p essay

    IM REALLY TAKING IT EASY!!! =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    ICEheaven103
    Ok.... as i said, wont work for everyone
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    Hedge x the 3rd

    ICEheaven103 wrote:

     

    Ok.... as i said, wont work for everyone


    *dances naked on the motorway*
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    o0 KEV1N 0o
    You're on the motorway?!?
    You're supposed to FOLLOW your saxophone until you reach the Y fronts. Alright Ice cream cone?
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    ^^What happened to your "hiatus"?

    And yeah, life sucks. I remember a week where I got home and did nothing but school work until like 11. No friends, no videogames, nothing but me, my desk and my laptop.
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    ICEheaven103
    my weeks go great, but it gets ruined my these COD nerds at my school spamming my email 20 messages a day
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    Hedge x the 3rd

    Kaede Yuka wrote:

     

    jr-beast1221 wrote:

     

    ^^What happened to your "hiatus"?

    And yeah, life sucks. I remember a week where I got home and did nothing but school work until like 11. No friends, no videogames, nothing but me, my desk and my laptop.


    I'm on my spring break, so I can stay for a bit. Exams and stuff etc etc. This is basically mny grace period before all hell breaks loose. :P

    Plus I love you guys to much to leave alone. <3


    How long?
    I get 20 days on march 30

    Soon I'll be free from school... and I shall hibernate for 3 months in my room( to catch up with lost sleep).
    And my birthday is on april 3rd :).
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    ICEheaven103
    i got 2 week march break. im just gonna hollow up in my safehouse. (my room and the basement, PS3 in the basement and compuiter in my room) hopefully, ghost doesn't find me =P
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    jetdoc84
    Hey ya know what else is pathetic most of you college folk are up to all hours of the night playing MW 2 when you should be studying for the classes you are going to be asleep in???
    I know this because I too have no life and am on at 3:30 am getting my butt kicked by you guys and gals that seem to spend way too much time behind a controller and not enough time behind the books to get good grades so mommy and daddy can be proud of thier son/daughter and get to feel like the 30 thousand dollars they spent to send you there was worth it?? I'm just saying (All in a fun type of way).

    Seriously get back to the books and searching for your next job as our senator, president, Mc Donalds server etc.... AND GIVE ME A CHANCE TO GET SOME GOOD KILLS ;)

    See Ya
    Jet
  • Re: Life...is stressful.

    jr-beast1221 wrote:

     

    I remember a week where I got home and did nothing but school work until like 11. No friends, no videogames, nothing but me, my desk and my laptop.


    pfff 11 is nothing :P, I remember the days of starting at 6 pm and ending at 3 am, on an average of two times a week when I was at college, 5 am was the limit, and then wake up at 6.30 am, in the end I quit, for reasons.


    jetdoc84 wrote:

     

    Hey ya know what else is pathetic most of you college folk are up to all hours of the night playing MW 2 when you should be studying for the classes you are going to be asleep in???
    I know this because I too have no life and am on at 3:30 am getting my butt kicked by you guys and gals that seem to spend way too much time behind a controller and not enough time behind the books to get good grades so mommy and daddy can be proud of thier son/daughter and get to feel like the 30 thousand dollars they spent to send you there was worth it?? I'm just saying (All in a fun type of way).

    Seriously get back to the books and searching for your next job as our senator, president, Mc Donalds server etc.... AND GIVE ME A CHANCE TO GET SOME GOOD KILLS ;)

    See Ya
    Jet


    I'm sure it's less than you think (looking at the people in this thread, most barely play the game), when I was at college I played 0 hours a week.
  • Re: Life...is stressful.
    2 week march break? Crap I hate my school now. I only get one week. :(

    @Kaede: This probably isn't the best place to discuss this, but before I forget, did you get my PM? I haven't received a reply so I've been wondering for a while.