22 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2010 2:23 PM by TheLO4F RSS

Will IW ever do anything about any of these issues?

THIS IS NOT ANOTHER HATE THREAD. I love Infinity Ward and think that these ideas can only help their game.

#1. Nuke Boosting.. I mean tactical insertions were just put in the game so people would stop ******** about spawn killing. Now the only people who use TI's are boosting with them or that .001% of players who use them and then have their TI camped until they die then get spawn killed

#2. OMA/Noob Tubing.. I know it's been discussed over and over again, but why would IW ever, ever make noob tubes have no downside what so ever? At least in Call of Duty 4 the most you could have was 4.. Now you can have as many as you want, don't lose a perk slot, and also you don't have to use up your second slot to get 2 extra tubes.. Why can't they make it take up the secondary or equipment which is what it basically did in CoD4 (i.e you get your tube, but lose your Claymore, C4, RPG, etc.)

#3. Host Migration glitches.. I don't really know if it's a glitch but whenever the host leaves you lose your Predator missile or your Pavelow just keeps shooting or your AC130 timer just keeps going or your airstrike drops while the game is paused.. This seems pretty easy and straight forward to fix. Will they ever do anything about it?

#4. All the broken gun silencers..
IW Game Designer : Alright here's the deal. You can put a silencer on your gun. What does it do? You'll be invisible on the Radar
Random Player : Alright! Anything else?
IW GD : You're damaged will be reduced over range and you can't use any other attachments unless you Bling out your gun
RP : Uh.. Ok then.

That seems reasonable eh? Well if you use the M9, MG4, and another LMG that escapes my mind, you'll be visible on radar when you shoot.. What the f*** is that IW?

#5. Elevator glitches..
Not really that big of a deal, but can't they take them out of the game? Or put a death barrier over the map just like they do under the map? Seems like an easy fix to me.

#6. Spawn system..
I won't go into detail about the spawns because I'll just be singing the same old song that everyone else signs up to sing on this forum, but please IW.. Can't you try SOMETHING? Maybe adding spawn delays to games like TDM (Don't even say play Hardcore because HC sucks ass.). That would cut down on the spawn killing a bit and leads me to my next topic.

#7. Overpowered Killstreak Rewards.. Alright #6 led me here now here I go. People are consistently complaining about the spawn killing done in KsR such as the Chopper Gunner or AC130.. Even the Harrier sometimes.. Adding a timer to your next life could help so much as you'll get less kills with KsR and won't die as much against them. That helps balance them right?

#8. The Commando..
I'm not going into detail because it's been bitched about so much that the letters C O M A N D are pretty worn out on gamers keyboards.. But please.. Do something with it. Just take it out. Whatever. I can't tell you how many times I'll be hiding from killstreak rewards and get knifed from 15+ feet away then on the killcam they're right next to me.. I understand it's whoever has the better connection to the host, but why give an advantage to players who have a better connection? That's just totally unfair. Just cut down the range like you did to lightweight, anything at all IW.

#9. Do something with EMP..
It's not even worth using because you don't get it until a 15 killstreak. Why would you even waste a killstreak on something like that? I went through 5 levels of prestige and on 3 of them I got EMP done just from Care packages without even using EMP as an actual KsR.. Just make it 13 kills to get or even 10. I can't tell you how many more players would use EMP if it was just easier to acquire and you didn't have to sacrifice your precious Harrier-Pavelow-Chopper set-up just to get 10 measly 15 kill streaks.. It's totally underpowered especially in comparison to the Nuke, AC130 and Chopper.. Hell even the Harrier blows EMP out of the water because it's totally useless. At least the UAV helps your team.. Run UAV. You'll always know where the enemy is. What does EMP really do? It takes out enemy KsR (which you shouldn't have a problem with if you're on a 15 killstreak anyways), enemy electronics, enemy radar and gives a nostalgic view to the battlefield for your enemies. How does any of the last 3 help your team.. I can understand radar a little bit but still.

#10.. I'm going to cut this short guys. The last issue they need to fix is their relationship with their community. There is hundreds of great, well thought out posts that will never see the light of day because Infinity Ward only (pretty much) uses Twitter to communicate with their community. Why? I seriously hope that changes one day and that us little people can actually have conversations with the big dogs at Infinity Ward so posts like these can have a chance to improve the quality of the game you're spending your (or your parent's) hard earned money to get, and actually get a say in what goes on and how the game should be handled.

Thanks for reading guys. This isn't a hate thread. I'm not angry. I'm just pointing out the obvious issues with Infinity Ward's game and their view on their community. Thanks again. Now off to Twitter to try to get someone to read this damn thing.

Some new things I thought about (I'll add to this if this thread gets a little bit of recognition).

#11 Who's a friendly? Why can't you tell who's a friendly in your Predator if you can tell who's an enemy? Just do something for that.. Put a green circle (helps the colorblind players) over friendlies and wasting your predator going for a triple kill of your teammates will be solved.

#12 Local Search.. The Aussies are pissed off. Give them what they want IW! Gotta love you guys. Haha
  • Re: Will IW ever do anything about any of these issues?
    Keyboard Cat
    Dude, no way I'm gonna read that.
    modernwarfare2sux
    Unfortunately, if Infinity ward ever does fix anything in this game we will have all moved to COD: Vietnam. At least Trearch does local search.
    @Keyboard Cat

I added bold to the major points so it's a little bit easier on your eyes.

The only important things are #10 and the first few.. But nothings new. Just tried to compile a list of things that need to be fixed then try to get this to someone at IW.. Anybody know the name of the janitor who cleans the bathrooms at IW Studios?
    makeuhsalad
    We've heard it all before. No need to waste your time. Every other thread is a complaint about one of these issues. Although, I think #10 is the reason that any of these problems are still here.
    Keyboard Cat
    1-9 were old news, but you had a good point on number 10.
    IW should take a look at bungie.net and see how they do it over there.

EDIT: meh salad get out of my mind
    @modernwarfare2sux

That's the only reason you're here? Just because IW doesn't have local search?

I'm sorry to hear that but I feel that MW2 blew WaW out of the water and the only thing Treyarch has going for them is Zombie mode.. But are people really going to player a 4 person zombies add-on mode rather than the actual online multiplayer?

Hell if everyone wanted zombies so badly they could play L4D.. There's plenty of things like that. I'm going to play CoD:Nam and I'm going to love the **** out of it. But still MW2 set the benchmark for shooter games and I don't think anyone can do anything better. This game is so love/hate. I love every little thing about this game like Game winning kill and titles/emblems. I love prestige challenges. I love so much and hate so much about it. No matter how much I hate this game I can't stop playing it.

I think IW could have made the best game ever if they would have just had a BETA of it or at least listened to little guys like me.

Ext3rMiiNat3 wrote:

@modernwarfare2sux

That's the only reason you're here? Just because IW doesn't have local search?

I'm sorry to hear that but I feel that MW2 blew WaW out of the water and the only thing Treyarch has going for them is Zombie mode.. But are people really going to player a 4 person zombies add-on mode rather than the actual online multiplayer?

Hell if everyone wanted zombies so badly they could play L4D.. There's plenty of things like that. I'm going to play CoD:Nam and I'm going to love the *** out of it. But still MW2 set the benchmark for shooter games and I don't think anyone can do anything better. This game is so love/hate. I love every little thing about this game like Game winning kill and titles/emblems. I love prestige challenges. I love so much and hate so much about it. No matter how much I hate this game I can't stop playing it.

I think IW could have made the best game ever if they would have just had a BETA of it or at least listened to little guys like me.

its still fun to grab a tommy gun and act like a mob boss every once and awhile =)   praise to the beta. oh wait what beta?
    @sniper.799

Just another reason why I can't get enough of Bad Company 2. I can't wait til I get off my 2 week suspension and get back to my level 13 BC2 account. Gotta love the Tommy Gun on there too.. Too bad it's garbage once you get your XM8 Prototype.

That's real weird. I started a new account and on MW2 my KDR is 2.70 and I'm level 22. I started a new account on BC2 and my KDR is 0.68 and I'm level 3.. I have about 3 hours on MW2 and 2 on BC2.

Need anymore proof MW2 is tailored for casual gamers?
    The_Only_Mexican
    1. Marathon/Cold Blooded/ Sitrep

2. Blast Shield or Stop going towards the artillery.

3. Sucks for you.

4. Im pretty sure no many people use those guns, even with a silencer. And if they did use it, it would be on HC which makes no point since the Radar is gone.

5. Death barrier on top of map would probably destroy air  support.

6. Use a T.I. to make your own spawn system.

7. Skill needs to be rewarded. Slight of Hand/ Cold Blooded/ Stinger.

8. Use a shotgun.

9. Harrier better than EMP? EMP destroys harrier no matter what. And since you have over powered Killstreaks so much use an EMP to disable those killstreaks, but you can't because you use those same over powered killstreaks.

10. what do you want them to do, Chat with the community or fix the game?

11. Well i can't blame you for that, i thought i was about to get a multi and then BOOM "friendly fire would not be tolerated"

12. Local search? as long as i don't know about it and it doesn't affect me, i don't give a damn.
    Shinji Ikari
    There working as fast as they can around the clock!
    The_Only_Mexican

There working as fast as they can around the clock!

I see what you did there.

By The_Only_Mexican

1. Marathon/Cold Blooded/ Sitrep

2. Blast Shield or Stop going towards the artillery.

3. Sucks for you.

4. Im pretty sure no many people use those guns, even with a silencer. And if they did use it, it would be on HC which makes no point since the Radar is gone.

5. Death barrier on top of map would probably destroy air support.

6. Use a T.I. to make your own spawn system.

7. Skill needs to be rewarded. Slight of Hand/ Cold Blooded/ Stinger.

8. Use a shotgun.

9. Harrier better than EMP? EMP destroys harrier no matter what. And since you have over powered Killstreaks so much use an EMP to disable those killstreaks, but you can't because you use those same over powered killstreaks.

10. what do you want them to do, Chat with the community or fix the game?

11. Well i can't blame you for that, i thought i was about to get a multi and then BOOM "friendly fire would not be tolerated"

12. Local search? as long as i don't know about it and it doesn't affect me, i don't give a damn.

1. Why should I have to kill someone who is killing the same person over and over again just so I don't have to take a loss? Why can't the game just be go out and kill as many people as you can, not look for people in the most odd corners of the map and why should I waste a perk slot just so that I don't have to take a loss?

2. Blast Shield? Do people seriously use that thing? It doesn't help one bit. I used it and still died from noob tubes. Also if I use blast shield I can't use TI's to make my own spawn system as you said ;]. Stop running towards artillery? Oh.. Sorry I played this game the right way and didn't watch a door way for 2 1/2 minutes.. And sorry I actual venture out into the open.. I've run into multiple people just sitting in the back and spamming noob tubes across the map.

3. Sucks for you? That's really all you have to say, for you suck.

4. Who cares? Maybe I want to use that gun but don't want to be seen on radar. It's a broken damn thing in the game that needs fixed, I can't do anything to prevent it and that's not right.

5. Not if it's just over the top point on the map, but not at the very top where air support is.

6. Why should I have to sacrifice my claymore or semtex just to put down a Tac Insert so I don't have to worry about getting killed within 3 seconds of spawning? Oh that's right, because with a Tac Insertion it's just so much better because they know EXACTLY where you're going to spawn... Of course!

7. Again.. Why should I have to worry about air support? If my teammates run out and die 11 times for them to get a chopper gunner why should that affect me if I have a 3+ Kill Death Ratio? Also many times I'll be spawn killed while trying to shoot it down so that defeats the purpose.

8. Shotguns don't work buddy. If they're out of my shotgun range on my screen but I'm in commando range on their screen I don't think it'll turn out well for me.

9. Maybe because it takes 8 more kills to get EMP. That's why.

10. How about hiring a team of people to monitor the forums and to suggest ideas that they find on the forums.. You know. What everybody else in the video game community does.

11. ... Glad to see you're not a total flamer douchebag.

12. Basically if you don't live near the host, you're going to have a slower connection rate to the host. Therefore everything happens slower on your screen than on other peoples screen. What does this mean? You're f***ed against commando, snipers, shotguns, predators, running around corners, etc. etc. etc.

I mean everything you suggested has a counter to it bud.
    lolIW
    All valid arguments, some more than others.

1. Nuke or TI removed. It NEEDS to happen. Having to alter the way I play to deal with cheaters is unacceptable.
    2. This is supposedly being fixed but I'm not optimistic about their solution.
    3. This will probably never be fixed. They are too inept at fixing the game breaking problems that something like this will most likely never get attention.
    4. This is just opinion. The silencers probably could use some longer range but more important problems at the top.
    5. Should have been gone after the first week. They most likely have no way of fixing it. At least it does not ruin hardly any games.
    6. If you don't have lag issues, this is arguably the biggest problem with the game. I play deathmatchs in CS 1.6 that have smarter spawn mechanics than MW2. You cannot argue that this is not flawed.
    7. This has just become the nature of this game. Rust should just be called "First one to get a Predator wins." I bet a UAV, Airstrike, Helicopter only playlist would be pretty popular.
    8. Commando is a cluster **** of poor decision making. It is exacerbated by Tactical Knife and Lightweight/Marathon. Tack on a little bit of lag and you can lung around 2 corners of a small building. Luckily most good players don't use this.
    9. Bad decision making and testing. Should last the duration of the game, or disable nukes, or be far fewer kills.
    10. Editors of websites and magazines are starting to catch on to this. Hopefully more speak up.
    11. Too far down on the list of problems to matter.
    12. Biggest problem in the game. Still no 100% confirmation for a fix. Just really terrible every way you look at it.
    DroppinNuggz
    100% AGREE. Take some notes from Bungie
    otisman666
    Dude, there are close to 100,000 gamers now that have had their profiles modded for the use of 4 perks and 3 weapons, fake scores or 10th prestige, and you are complaining about these things.  Really?

The number of modded accounts is growing at a rate of about 5,000 per day, yet you choose to pick these topics as your primary concerns.  This game is rapidly spinning out of control from the real cheaters and most people don't even realize it yet.
    thestig1214
    I agree w/ the KsW fix. I suggest a kill streak limit on air support like AC130, harrier and Chopper gunner. They have to run out of ammo or fuel. 30 seconds or like 10 kills and they leave.

The cheap silencers are annoying too cuz I snipe with them and can never get one shot kills in core games which I would like to play.
    Obdigore

I agree w/ the KsW fix. I suggest a kill streak limit on air support like AC130, harrier and Chopper gunner. They have to run out of ammo or fuel. 30 seconds or like 10 kills and they leave.

Are you kidding? The AC-130 isn't around for much more than that and the Chopper Gunner is so easy to shoot down. Harrier is even easier.

The cheap silencers are annoying too cuz I snipe with them and can never get one shot kills in core games which I would like to play.

You mean you put a silencer on the sniper rifle and want OHK all the time every time? Sounds like someone has no idea what they are doing?
    MCShammas
    Respawn delay=more time to set up an easy spawn trap. Commando is a terrible perk, why would you use it?
    Exigos Mortis

otisman666 wrote:

Dude, there are close to 100,000 gamers now that have had their profiles modded for the use of 4 perks and 3 weapons, fake scores or 10th prestige, and you are complaining about these things.  Really?

The number of modded accounts is growing at a rate of about 5,000 per day, yet you choose to pick these topics as your primary concerns.  This game is rapidly spinning out of control from the real cheaters and most people don't even realize it yet.

Although I agree with you on the four perks issue, I don't think the leader boards are more important than many of the issues that affect game play in a direct way.

And to the OP, many of the points you make are points of opinion, so you will see a lot of variation in people agreeing or disagreeing with you; however, point #10 is indisputable - IW has done a $hitty job of maintaining a good relationship with the community; honestly, the WORST JOB I have seen to date.
    SyKoN
    I agree with alot of this, but people don't understand the EMP is only real useful when you are losing.  Because if you are losing the other team typicaly has air support, and an EMP takes out all air support in a matter of seconds, and it also stops the tactical nuke countdown.
    TheLO4F
    These questions are great and more detailed then most threads , Once these are patched MW2 will be a great game , but I hope most people haven't moved to BF:BC2