1 2 3 4 Previous Next 115 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2010 9:10 AM by Dingo84 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
    CODfanboy2k9

Django Black wrote:

thebigb82 wrote:

After reading the OMA/DC issue thread, I think its time we discussed the bigger over used combo, the game breaking combo that is Matharon/Lightweight/Commando.

The MLC combo is in every game without fail and there is no actual counter for it, they can be in your face in a matter of seconds and kill you.

Mainly used with any amkibo guns, mainly the shotgun's this overpowered combo has been abused sinced the game came out.

Matharon gives the users infinite run, Lightweights makes them run faster and Commando gifts the user an invincable lunge that kills instantly/

Possible counters

HBS
    M-203
    Shotgun (if you don't get a hitmarker first)
    Sniper Rifle
    Claymore (though sometimes does not work)

My suggestions to fix this problem

1. Remove Lightweight from the game
    2. Move Matharon from perk 1 to perk 3
    3. Make the knife equiment and when selected removed perk 3 only if suggestion 2 is not added
    4. Tweek the Lunge to half distance and remove the invincabilty it has
    5. Increase the power of stopping power to counter MLC
    6. Add Sitrep pro's abitly to Ninja Pro to couunter Commando
    7. Turn Marathon into Extreme Conditioning like in COD4
    8. Take the speed out of M/LW so that they are 10% or less faster than people without M/LW 

Feel free to discuss, any comments not on topic will be removed

nice ideas, extreme conditioning was better, it did not grant you unlimited run
  • 11. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
    ViXeN123

thebigb82 wrote:

After reading the OMA/DC issue thread, I think its time we discussed the bigger over used combo, the game breaking combo that is Matharon/Lightweight/Commando.

The MLC combo is in every game without fail and there is no actual counter for it, they can be in your face in a matter of seconds and kill you.

Mainly used with any amkibo guns, mainly the shotgun's this overpowered combo has been abused sinced the game came out.

Matharon gives the users infinite run, Lightweights makes them run faster and Commando gifts the user an invincable lunge that kills instantly/

Possible counters

HBS
    M-203
    Shotgun (if you don't get a hitmarker first)
    Sniper Rifle
    Claymore (though sometimes does not work)

My suggestions to fix this problem

1. Remove Lightweight from the game
    2. Move Matharon from perk 1 to perk 3
    3. Make the knife equiment and when selected removed perk 3 only if suggestion 2 is not added
    4. Tweek the Lunge to half distance and remove the invincabilty it has
    5. Increase the power of stopping power to counter MLC
    6. Add Sitrep pro's abitly to Ninja Pro to couunter Commando

Feel free to discuss, any comments not on topic will be removed

My solution is to remove commando and take away the noobish auto-aim bs from the knife. Problem solved.
  • 12. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
    TheDustbinMan
    I dont think any radical changes will ever be made such as removing perks or moving them around. At best I would expect number tweaks. 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 are never going to happen.

The problem with this whole thing in my opinion is not the single perks but the synergy of it all. Its pretty easy to run around knifing without Commando. Marathon alone is fine, Lightweight alone is subpar and Commando alone is fine in my opinion.

However when all three are used with the intention of doing nothing but running around knifing its just too much. Lightweight was dependant on Marathon to be useful before it was nerfed. The nerf didnt solve anything but it was a step in the right direction.

Right now a player can do the lunge without Commando at 128 units (the measurement in MW2 and CoD4). Commando adds 176 units to that giving a player a lunge range of 304 units. Longer than the length of a crate in Shipment and Wet Work in CoD4 and longer than the diameter of the blast made from a Semtex or Frag.

They just need to get rid of the instant warp Commando gives to the target and do an actual charge animation where the player is still vulnerable.

I made a suggestion a while back to improve Lightweight without making it so heavily dependant on Marathon. My suggestion was to increase the base move speed that Lightweight gives but make it so that bonus doesnt carry on through to sprinting. Most people bothered to comment on it disagreed with it.

So for example-

Current
    100% base move speed.
    150% sprint move speed.
    107% with Lightweight.
    160.5% sprint with Lightweight.

My suggestion
    100% base move speed.
    150% sprint move speed.
    115% with Lightweight.
    150% sprint with Lightweight.

So you would walk considerably faster however when sprinting you would be the same speed as everybody else. This would make Lightweight useful as a mobility perk and great for strafing with SMGs while ADS. It would also stop it being so dependant on Marathon to be useful.
  • 13. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
    Iron-George

I really feel that the OMA/DC issue is much worst than this one. MLC is obviously still an issue, but here is my reasoning:

I am a firm believer that the this problem is only 10% MLC combo and 90% lag issues. The OMA/DC issue has absolutly nothing to do with lag, which makes it the much bigger game breaker. OMA/DC allows users to get kills without putting themselves in ANY danger whatsoever, lag or not. A MLC knifer MUST put himself in direct danger to get kills. If everyone played on the same connection, I don't think that MLC would even been an issue. Also, have you ever seen someone try to MLC tact knife on an international connection? It's pathetic, they will ALWAYS go negative. I could play with a 1 bar and still get my nuke using OMA/DC

In my opinion, both need to be fixed, but If I had to choose, OMA/DC has got to go.
  • 14. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
    CODfanboy2k9

Iron-George wrote:

I really feel that the OMA/DC issue is much worst than this one. MLC is obviously still an issue, but here is my reasoning:

I am a firm believer that the this problem is only 10% MLC combo and 90% lag issues. The OMA/DC issue has absolutly nothing to do with lag, which makes it the much bigger game breaker. OMA/DC allows users to get kills without putting themselves in ANY danger whatsoever, lag or not. A MLC knifer MUST put himself in direct danger to get kills. If everyone played on the same connection, I don't think that MLC would even been an issue. Also, have you ever seen someone try to MLC tact knife on an international connection? It's pathetic, they will ALWAYS go negative. I could play with a 1 bar and still get my nuke using OMA/DC

In my opinion, both need to be fixed, but If I had to choose, OMA/DC has got to go.

Lag has nothing to do with it, MLC has been game breaking since the game came out, when it was used with the 1887's and now akimbo rangers, so if your not stabbed by them your shot in the face with shotguns, OMA/DC is not under discussion here
  • 15. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion

Iron-George wrote:

Every M/LW/C user is worser than the OMA/DC class. Personally I don't see any problems in the OMA/DC class because it's a good counter against annoying M/LW/C players and I don't have seen players abusing it in my 7 day of playtime although I play a lot of Domination. But I agree on the connection problem. M/LW/C wouldn't be such a problem on dedicated servers.
  • 16. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
    Iron-George

Lag has nothing to do with it

Really? NOTHING to do with it? Thats laughable my friend.

If you don't think that MLC/tactical knife is a lag related problem, then your not as smart as I was giving you credit for.
  • 17. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
    CODfanboy2k9

Iron-George wrote:

If you don't think that MLC/tactical knife is a lag related problem, then your not as smart as I was giving you credit for.

not at all, i hate it when people suggest that its lag. Lag on the server does not give them invincable lunge, the game coding does, I tried to kill MLC users with a full 4 bar connection, so I know its nothing to do with lag
  • 18. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
    Prowler10251989
    @Hedgehog

"So you would walk considerably faster however when sprinting you would be the same speed as everybody else. This would make Lightweight useful as a mobility perk and great for strafing with SMGs while ADS. It would also stop it being so dependant on Marathon to be useful."

Agree 100% here. The SMG's would actually benefit more from your approach than the current. This is one thing I never understood, lightweight never felt "lightweight" unless you were sprinting. But as far as changing up perks that's highly doubtful we'll see a switch. But as mentioned before,nerfing lightweight AGAIN is going to make the perk about as useful as eavesdrop in COD4.

What IW needs to do is just remove this damn instant lunge in room distance. It's retarded. I was playing favela the other day, I run into a room with the MP5K and sure enough a guy at the opposite hit's the melee key and teleported to take my ass out. This is freaking retarded. This perk totally takes the element of surprise and throws it out. Resorting to secondary weapons is pointless when you got commando.

Marathon I don't have a problem with. Why? Because it makes them come back faster at me allowing another kill to my killsteak :D
  • 19. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
    ViXeN123

thebigb82 wrote:

Iron-George wrote:

not at all, i hate it when people suggest that its lag. Lag on the server does not give them invincable lunge, the game coding does, I tried to kill MLC users with a full 4 bar connection, so I know its nothing to do with lag

I have to agree with the mod on this one. Lag can be an issue but its not really the source of the problem. Sometimes I have a really good connection with a host and still get knifed.
1 2 3 4 Previous Next