1 2 3 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2010 9:20 AM by II-Nitrocity-II RSS

What are your thoughts on modded gamertags?

xnickx5757
I personally feel that as long as it is not left blank or is not racist/offensive, there is nothing wrong with them. What are your thoughts on the matter?
  • 1. Re: What are your thoughts on modded gamertags?
    AK69_with_fall
    i think that they can be sometimes funny but also hurtful, but then funny again. :D
  • 2. Re: What are your thoughts on modded gamertags?
    I report them every time. Simply for the fact that they are tampering with the system. They are editing system files and are no better than the Jtag losers. If they are willing to do something as simple as this to break the rules, they they probably aren't far from modding the game.

They become a distraction as well as block the screen most of the time. They make it hard to determine who is on what team from a distance and they just piss me the hell off. Every one I come across gets reporting for being a dumb ****.
  • 3. Re: What are your thoughts on modded gamertags?
    Cronniss
    ^^^ Ditto.

The only problem is, when I file a complaint for their modded GT their real GT comes up.  There was one guy I tried to file two complaints for...one for a modded GT (System Tampering), and the other was for the what his modded GT said (which I can't repeat here).  Unfortunately, I couldn't find an appropriate complaint form for that (especially since is official GT was the one that kept coming up) before I got pulled into a match.
  • 4. Re: What are your thoughts on modded gamertags?
    callofdutyveteran117
    I report them every time except for one time when one guy had nothing as his name.  That helped my vision while i was trying to ADS down field because i'm sick of names like EliTe GxAxMxEr 132456, all they do is clog my vision..  I'm pretty sure in WaW you had the option to just make your teammates display rank and clan tag.
  • 5. Re: What are your thoughts on modded gamertags?
    CIB24
    i too report them every time i see em, according to the xbox live enforcement team the proper complaint to file is under profile, user content. it doesnt matter if the persons real name comes up when u go into their profile everything u do online is recorded and can be viewed. the team can see exactly what their name said even tho their profile said something different.

half the time they also advertise for modded lobbies in their profiles. i came across a guy in a room last night modded tag, ad for modded lobbies. i filed complaints on both offenses. then laughed when i sent him a message sayin enjoy your perma ban. i laughed even more as he tried to explain how he didnt break any rules and then threatened to "hack my account" i told him to have at it lol i didnt hear back from him.

does it make me a **** that while i was bored and couldnt sleep i went thru his friends list and filed complaints on everyone with any content that violated the CoC? lol
  • 6. Re: What are your thoughts on modded gamertags?
    Assassin360666
    My question is:How come all these people can have modded/profane
    tags and I had to change mine?(GT:LIKEaF ingNINJA)
    I file complaints-every modded tag,prestige 10 hack(rotating gold skull is dead giveaway),or anyone who even messages me about a 10 lobby.
  • 7. Re: What are your thoughts on modded gamertags?
    egypt3

I report them every time.

• 8. Re: What are your thoughts on modded gamertags?
    hallidio
    They bother me when the kill feed blocks half of the screen with their stupid modded GT's
  • 9. Re: What are your thoughts on modded gamertags?
    AjimboB
    Whenever I see someone with an obviously modded gamertag, I immediately report them, and then leave the lobby.  I always assume that if they've modded their gamertag, they've probably modded something else, and even if they haven't, I report them because they have the ability to do so in the future.
1 2 3 Previous Next