1 2 3 Previous Next 5,677 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 4:57 PM by myC4isL3giT RSS

Host Advantage/Gravitational Pull/Goldilocks

l4mb
Let me tell you a tale; the tale of this thread. It was started by a spammer named Lego. I was the first to respond with some smarmy comment along with a report. The thread got a few replies, then died off. Lego's account was deleted, and I became the OP of the thread. Due to a misunderstanding of the history of the thread (<3 you, Turambar!), I was then prompted to start a conversation, which has been changing ever since. So come on in and drop your two cents on whatever we're talking about. Or change the subject.
  • 1. Re: where did all the off topic vets go?
    well gee, i wonder why.
  • 2. Re: where did all the off topic vets go?
    l4mb

DigitalViper wrote:

well gee, i wonder why.

See exhibit A:

Lego the 500th wrote:

I JUST WANT MORE PEOPLE TO SEE MY SPAM

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Oh, wait. You were being sarcastic.
  • 3. Re: where did all the off topic vets go?
    I lurk in the shadows, but here nonetheless =)
  • 4. Re: where did all the off topic vets go?
    Lead by example, L4MB - give us something interesting to talk about ;)
  • 5. Re: where did all the off topic vets go?
    l4mb
    Ok, uhhhh, shoot. Lemme see here. Getting promoted to OP of this thread leaves big shoes to fill. 
    So I have been thinking about getting a video game related tattoo. Since Super Metroid is my favourite game of all time, I was thinking of getting Samus in all her 16-bit glory on the inside of my right wrist, maybe about 3" tall, and getting a Metroid on the inside of my left wrist.

Now I am not really impressed by people when they get tattoos of games that just came out, or have only been around for a few years (read: Halo and Master Chief tattoos circa 2004), but Super Metroid is a game I have loved for many years, and is actually considered a genre-defining game, showing up on many "Best Games of All Time" lists in the past 5 years.

On the flip side, Samus has been turned into a bit of a wh0re for Nintendo. She is sort of sexy now, parading around in Zero-Suit with her hair all done up and what-not. I don't really support this, hence why I would get the 16 bit version. She was the epitome of badassery in the original NES and SNES games, and even through to the Gamecube ones. Haven't played the newest Wii title, but I hear she's totally lame and isn't allowed to use certain weapons 'til her General or whoever approves them. That doesn't sound like Samus of old who flew solo and answered to nobody.

In any case, should I go for it? Does anybody have any gaming related tattoos, or would you consider getting one? Or is that just too nerdy for you. I just turned 25, and I think I am able to embrace my own geekdom in a permanent affixed-on-my-skin kind of way.
    Now don't go all "If you need our approval, you obviously aren't ready to embrace your geekdom", it's just something to talk about, and I was kinda on the spot. No blame, Turambar :)
    Here's a link to the images that I would be looking at: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sdb.drshnaps.com/display.php?object=8616">http://sdb.drshnaps.com/ display.php?object=8616</a><!-- m -->
    Probably one of the running ones on the right side of the 5th row.
  • 7. Re: where did all the off topic vets go?
    1. ^^^ is intense
    2. Do you have any art of the potential tatt?

• 8. Re: where did all the off topic vets go?
    addddam
    If I got a gaming-related tattoo it'd probably be the Aperture Science logo:

Because then I can pretend it's to do with photography if I want to pretend I don't play games.

I don't plan on getting a tattoo though. Like, ever. At uni it's very easy to start smoking or get piercings/tattoos, since the parents aren't around. Still haven't really been tempted though.
  • 9. Re: where did all the off topic vets go?
    l4mb
    Probably Varia Suit in [url=http://www.gameswelike.com/web/pix/Metroid/Samus%202D%20collage.jpg:3o8v2j 67]this[/url:3o8v2j67] image. It's the orange one on the top row, second from left.
1 2 3 Previous Next