1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 352 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2011 11:07 AM by CODfanboy2k9 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: PSN Outage (Official Forum Thread)
    pilotguy
    I'm starting to think it was that hacker group who jail broke the ps3. Its perfect timing for them, a long weekend and its the online release of a huge online game REALMS. which is supposed to be the next big thing for sony.
  • 21. Re: PSN Outage (Official Forum Thread)

lion1325478 wrote:

RamrodRayReardon wrote:

How reassuring to read that they don't know why their own network is down. Bank holiday weekend, lots of people at home and they take the network offline. Superb timing.

Yeh I'm sure they've been planning it for months....

Either way it's pretty crap. A massive corporation who either can't control when their own network is offline, or can, and take it down for maintenance at a popular time.
  • 22. Re: PSN Outage (Official Forum Thread)
    DFlannagan11
    Latest Tweet From SCEE

"No new information to update you with I'm afraid. We'll post here over the weekend with any developments. blog.eu.playstation.com"

Looks like this is pretty serious. I just hope there isn't any data loss. Hopefully they'll have the PlayStation Network up again within the next day.

Sony on Social Media:

SCEA: [url=http://www.twitter.com/playstation:5k3utjo5]twitter.com/PlayStation[/url:5 k3utjo5]

SCEE: [url=http://www.twitter.com/playstationeu:5k3utjo5]twitter.com/PlayStationEU[/u rl:5k3utjo5]
  • 23. Re: PSN Outage (Official Forum Thread)

RamrodRayReardon wrote:

Either way it's pretty crap. A massive corporation who either can't control when their own network is offline, or can, and take it down for maintenance at a popular time.

It's clearly a reasonably serious problem and I'm glad that Sony are willing to take the servers offline to fix them even if it does mean some customers are going to get pissy about it. It's going to benefit PS3 users in the long run.
  • 24. Re: PSN Outage (Official Forum Thread)
    tsmobile
    im not sure what you all winging about really, if its down then they are sorting something out within the network its self, i was also looking forward to a night of mw2, after stripping my new home of wallpaper but hey lets hope sony (which is free) do a good job with what ever there doing and be patient people, im sure this hot weather could give you all something else to do? than cook you ps3? and some people moaning about lagging i personally havent seen any but then again i do have bt infinity, so maybe some of you need to change isp's, as for the xbox 360 they can stick there £40 a year fee for online game play, ps3 you fix your $h1t no rush. and this could be a good thing to prevent them pesky cant play fair hackers?
  • 25. Re: PSN Outage (Official Forum Thread)
    Soooo...hackers are responsible for PSN outage and Amazon issues, and all the other sites that went down at the same exact time? lol..hardly, these idiots running around claiming to be "hackers" are nothing more then a bunch of coattail riding, fanboy, nerds. They have no real power, they have no real knowledge. Without geohotz, the PS3 would still not be jailbroken or hacked. None of these morons could do it. But now they know exactly how to take down PSN? Come on...
  • 26. Re: PSN Outage (Official Forum Thread)
    I agree tsmobile, well said :)

I have notion for all the annoyance and frustration, but from what I read here and there sometimes some should probably never have bought a PS3 in the first place.

It should work as expected, but Sony is obviously trying to figure it out, while it could as well be hackers again, in that case be angry at them and not Sony.

If you like Sony for all they do good (and bought a PS3 for that reason), then I don't understand why some people drop them and flame them from first moment when just one thing goes wrong.

A PS3 is still a luxury item, not a necessity, if it is in your life it's wrong. It's only been two days.
  • 27. Re: PSN Outage (Official Forum Thread)
    Ktulu-84-
    I'm glad Sony is at least doing something. Black Ops is unreliable sometimes, but they still try to fx it.
  • 28. Re: PSN Outage (Official Forum Thread)

Ktulu-84- wrote:

Black Ops is unreliable sometimes, but they still try to fx it.

Does anyone on PS3 still actually care about Black ops?
  • 29. Re: PSN Outage (Official Forum Thread)
    Ktulu-84-

by lion1325478 22 Apr 2011 16:13

Ktulu-84- wrote:
    Black Ops is unreliable sometimes, but they still try to fx it.

Does anyone on PS3 still actually care about Black ops?

No, I'm just saying, PSN is messed up (like BO.) They're trying to fix it (like Treyarch.)
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next