1 2 3 Previous Next 101 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2011 12:47 AM by weird-guy RSS

A Farewell to Arms: Saying Goodbye to the IWF

I just wanted to take a moment to express my thoughts on the matter. In a few hours (ETA unknown) the MW3 community site will go live, complete with self contained forums. That will mark the death of the IWF (for the most part).

So, let's remember the good (and bad) times we had here. From the flood of 4chan related shock photos to the amazing amounts of cool suggestions for kill streaks and perks, this forum really did provide a lot to Modern Warfare 2 and the Call of Duty franchise as a whole - as I said some was good, some bad.

Thank you to the moderation team for keeping us on track (at least most of the time) and for the hard work you have all put in. Thank you to my fellow IWF Veterans (Mechanical, Dwight, etc) for keeping everything running and providing pillars on which the random forumites stand.

Post your thoughts, well wishes, and what not below. Let's give the IWF the goodbye it deserves!
  • 1. Re: A Farewell to Arms: Saying Goodbye to the IWF
    *Clears throat*:

* The grass is overpowered
    * Silver Tiger Fork
    * I found this secret place on Backlot!
    * Our awesome random/whatever thread in OT
    * Many more I have forgotten ...

I was going to make a similar thread but I'll piggy back on yours Checkmate. Wanted to say a BIG thanks to my fellow mods and to the forums vets who have stuck around here. Mechanical, Adam, C4, JDilleen, lion, LoyalX, Myth, Organik and more recently DFlannagan - thanks to your reporting and calm posting a lot of people have been helped out. Obviously I've forgotten people (that list is just off the top of my head), so know that if I haven't mentioned you, you're still appreciated :)

If video games have taught me anything it's that when this place ghosts out, it'll end up haunted. Guess it's time I oiled the shotgun, it's undead huntin' time. I'll try to remember to feed Bezy. Wish me luck.

• 2. Re: A Farewell to Arms: Saying Goodbye to the IWF

TurambarCOD wrote:

*Clears throat*:

* Silver Tiger Fork

I was going to make a similar thread but I'll piggy back on yours Checkmate. Wanted to say a BIG thanks to my fellow mods and to the forums vets who have stuck around here. Mechanical, Adam, C4, JDilleen, lion, LoyalX, Myth, Organik and more recently DFlannagan - thanks to your reporting and calm posting a lot of people have been helped out. Obviously I've forgotten people (that list is just off the top of my head), so know that if I haven't mentioned you, you're still appreciated :)

If video games have taught me anything it's that when this place ghosts out, it'll end up haunted. Guess it's time I oiled the shotgun, it's undead huntin' time. I'll try to remember to feed Bezy. Wish me luck.

Oh man. Tiger Fork. Wow. Memories. Haha.

Yeah, it's already haunted. I mean, I'm pretty sure Dwight is a zombie. Or a ghost. Or a ghost zombie. Something like that.
  • 3. Re: A Farewell to Arms: Saying Goodbye to the IWF
    vsimco

THX 1386 wrote:

TurambarCOD wrote:

*Clears throat*:

* Silver Tiger Fork

Oh man. Tiger Fork. Wow. Memories. Haha.

Yeah, it's already haunted. I mean, I'm pretty sure Dwight is a zombie. Or a ghost. Or a ghost zombie. Something like that.

This is completely true... I already tried to kill him...
  • 4. Re: A Farewell to Arms: Saying Goodbye to the IWF

v Sim CO wrote:

This is completely true... I already tried to kill him...

See. It is true. Ghost zombie mode confirmed.
  • 5. Re: A Farewell to Arms: Saying Goodbye to the IWF
    vsimco
    Anyways I'm horrible at goodbyes...

So I'm just not going to leave.

Edit:

But seriously... Thanks to a great moderating team (of course we are).. Thanks for the users who follow the rules, and create all the awesome art, and topics where we can spend our internets.

No thanks goes to the users I had to ban...
  • 6. Re: A Farewell to Arms: Saying Goodbye to the IWF
    Wsxdas
    Good times we've had here... Lots of em. I will miss this place. JK LOL.

JK about JK.
  • 7. Re: A Farewell to Arms: Saying Goodbye to the IWF
    So is it actually confirmed that these forums are being closed, or are you just speculating? If so, thanks for all the fun times I've had here and the great people I've met. You won't be forgotten =)
  • 8. Re: A Farewell to Arms: Saying Goodbye to the IWF
    vsimco

jr-beast1221 wrote:

So is it actually confirmed that these forums are being closed, or are you just speculating? If so, thanks for all the fun times I've had here and the great people I've met. You won't be forgotten =)

They will probably not die... but they will become a ghost town..

50 000 users used to post here... now its a ghost forum. Only Dwight as a ghost could function.
  • 9. Re: A Farewell to Arms: Saying Goodbye to the IWF
    Abandoning your posts.  For shame.
1 2 3 Previous Next