12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2011 6:04 PM by dxashrm RSS

One shot kill sniper in MW3

roxas3510
I told my friend that snipers should be one shot kills on MW3 if you shoot anywhere on the body besides the arms and legs (which could be a hitmarker). He thinks that's a stupid idea because if snipers were one shot kills, quick scopers would completely dominate the multiplayer. I said that's not true because most shots to the chest on MW2 are one shot kills, so how come quick scopers don't dominate on that game? It's rare to get a hitmark when you shoot above the waist, but it does happen.  What do you guys think?
  • Re: One shot kill sniper in MW3
    ThyReaper
    No.
    Tobiwanz

ThyReaper wrote:

No.

No.
    1 shot for headshots, at least 2 anywhere else.
    Sniper riles need some serious rebalancing from MW2 as they are just too fast in every way and the aim assist should be removed from them.
    CODisavideogame
    Put this in the MW3 section, but I think 1shotkillsnipers could be easily abused.
    DFlannagan11
    Quickscopers don't dominate in MW2 MP? Are you joking?

Your friend speaks the truth.
    emitnulB
    lol quickscopers are noobs.  how come nobody complains when I run around with an m16 hip fireing when I get close to people?  that's 1 burst kill every time and it's easier to aim.
    Tobiwanz

emitnulB wrote:

lol quickscopers are noobs.  how come nobody complains when I run around with an m16 hip fireing when I get close to people?  that's 1 burst kill every time and it's easier to aim.

Because spraying with an M16, although a cheap tactic, isn't really a fault, it's reasonably realistic. Quickscoping is more like abusing a loophole.
    I think the sniper rifles and their mechanics are fine

It's the people who feel the need to do the stupid 360 spins or just no scoping that have ruined them

If your one on one with someone and they have a sniper rifle you should be able to take them out with relative ease.  If not then you need to look at your own playstyle

This of course is aimed at the guys who actually use a sniper rifle like it's intended and only "quickscope" when they feel it necessary

Sniper rifles are fine just need to find a way to stop people being idiots ... which is near impossible
    g0d0fwar24
    I agree with the OP. All sniper rifles should be OHK unless they hit a limb or if used with a silencer (Which should be OHK on chest, neck and head only).
    Although I think that aim assist should be taken off sniper rifles in order to prevent QS. This would make people use them how they were intended and ensure that they are not OP as in MW2 they can be used at any range and in any situation.
    americandragon
    lol, no way. The community would be all over that. Quickscoping should be taken out completely, it's like they don't even know what type of community they're catering to. After MW2, with everyone abusing and exploiting every single thing possible, they should really go back to the drawing board.
    wick3death
    make a Quick Scoping playlist.
    dxashrm
    You should remember that sniper rifles are usually one hit kills to the chest WITH Stopping Power; aside from the Intervention, the other semi-auto sniper rifles should take two shots to the chest without Stopping Power to compensate for their higher fire rate.

As much as I dislike Black Ops, Treyarch did what Infinity Ward failed to do once quickscoping got too prominent; Sleight of Hand Pro specifically didn't work on sniper rifles. While it didn't eliminate quickscoping entirely, it did cut down on people abusing the fast scoping ability and the auto-aim inherent in the game to get a free kill with a Stopping Power-ed one hit kill weapon.

The thing I hate the most is when people call quickscoping "trickshotting". It's probably one of the cheapest "tricks" in the book, right next to "infinite grenade launcher" and "teleport lunges".

Make a quickscoping playlist.

That's usually called the Cage Match playlist. :P