21 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 10:08 AM by fingolfin33 RSS

Why Can't I Unban someone from Clan? Solved!!!

This Problem has been solved, so I can say that Elite does fix problems!

I have somehow banned my friend from Clan, I'm not sure how it happened, I just gave him my Founder Code as he only just got Premium and I was in the process of Removing him and then reinviting him (for the 500EXP) when he suddenly ended up in the banned players list, and now I'm told (on support chat) that there is nothing they can do, this is unacceptable!!! I'm on a Notebook and I'm not sure what happened, but all I know is I wasted money on Hardened and wasted money on getting him his Premium Status. I was told they'd forward my complaint but I'm not convinced they'll do anything about it, I mean we're all still waiting for Clan Operations and Challenges and they seem to be doing nothing about, If anyone else has had a player suddenly banned, or been banned then post here, if after a month I have not been given the ability to correct this mistake I shall be seeking Legal Advice as It'over $100 I've Lost and Iwant what I paid for, and then there is there is the frustration of my friend who is now clanless and not sure what to do.

PS No i cannot just restart Clan or I lose the 2000 EXP from other members, and no he can't just get a new account since the Founder Code only works once so they got me Coming and Going, this requires either a correction of this particular problem or a proper system which gives control to the clan Leader to unban players.

• Re: Why Can't I Unban someone from Clan?

I'm guessing it's probably because most people don't ban people unless they don't want them around anymore.   Plus, you didn't actually waste any money.  You've gotten everything you've wanted out of the game and the service, but you tried cheating the system to get your friend Founder status.  Then you went and banned him because you were most likely too impatient to wait for him to log on and leave the clan, and now you can't unban him because you didn't think "oh, bans could be perminent because most of the time when people ban other people they never want to see them again."

Just my opinion.

No I didn't cheat the system, and no my mate didn't take too long and no I didn't ban him on purpose, I was on phone with him talking him through the process and giving him code, which I am totally free to give him as it says nowhere that I, personally, have to use it, and besides since I used the Hardened Premium Code I got Founders Status First night, so what else is everyone supposed to do with there Founders Code, it gives you nothing if you already are a Founder. Moving on, in order to get the 500EXP from a member of a clan who has already joined prior to getting Founder they need to leave and rejoin, I went to remove him so I could reinvite but instead of just removing him, it banned him, I had read previously in the Clan FAQ (I'm one of the few who've read it, it seems) and rembered reading that banning is permenant, so naturally I sought assistance as this was a mistake and not my fault, the only thing I may have done was hit something accidentally as I was on my Notebook computer and it's not very good to use for this sort of stuff, but as my mate was going to a Christmas Party I wanted to catch him early and it was all I had on hand so I used it, since it uses (as almost all Notebooks do) a Touch pad it sometimes goes funny and you click on one part of screen and the touchpad moves the cursor somewhere else randomly. As for the Money as I paid for his Premium Service and the Founders Code (Well For Hardened Edition) I'm out of Pocket about AU$100, While he does get the other Bonuses, Most of the reason I paid was for Clan Operations and Challenges, without him in Clan we get less then what we paid for. Now you might say Great Service but that is also laughable as Elite is Glitchy and Clan Challenges are still unavailable so we are shafted Twice over. Now in Australia if you pay for something and you don't get it you have recourse to take action, if they won't fix it then we have no choice but to take legal action, if you buy a pie and before you say we got everythign else fine and such, think of it this way if you bought a pie and the baker threw 25% of it away and gave you the other 75% would you say, fair enough I got most of it? No you wouldn't so just think about that!

Cool story, bro.

LoL... Yeah I sorta got a bit carried away but seriously I have been shafted and it's not right, I still can't remember seeing the message to ban him, or even if there was one, all i know is I clicked on Manage Clan and went to remove him and then was going to reinvite him for 500EXP and it comes up with Banned Players list and his name there. I'm more moving towards it being another Elite Glitch, in which case they need to fix it, but I'm ready to admit it might have been the touchpad and therefore, technically my fault, but still an accident.

Ok, I see what you're saying.  I was a little inebrieated when I wrote that haha.  I see where you're coming from though.  You do have to realize though that Elite is still a brand new service.... The first of it's kind (that offers paid competitions tracked through your gamertag and psn ID and whatnot) so it's bound to have bugs.  I'm sure the guys at Activision are working on getting this fixed and stuff though, they just gotta get the major stuff done first, like getting the Operations running right so prizes can be distributed, and getting the stupid multiplayer data errors out so people can actually use the site haha.

True, I did Domination Challenge the other day (Get Defense Kills in Domination) and it only counted half my kills, and it gave about a hundred people a Bronze Badge - with a score of 0... so they gotta fix that stuff. Also they write specifically that there is no way to give someone back there place in a clan if banned in there FAQ as if it's some type of rule, and then a Glitch (or possibly an accident) puts him in a bad position, it's hard enough getting EXP with the endless delays on Clan Ops and now I'm down one of my best members (and friends).

Well I reinvited my Friend and he is now back in Clan, but also in Banned Members List, Glitch Much? I also found out that in order to ban someone you first click the Unlabelled X after "Promote to Leader" Then you get a red Bar asking if you want to Ban them, I never got the Red Bar, it just put them straight in Ban List, This is offically a Glitch, Be wary people of trying to Remover People from Clan to get Fonder Status EXP from a Member who had joined prior to getting Founder, I had done the process before, but that time I got the player to "Leave Clan" Then Reinvited them, I suggest you do it that way, Don't Risk what happened to me and get Glitch and then a Closed door from Support, currently all I get told is that there is nothing they can do, which even with my mediocre knowledge of programming know is a lie, they can fix this they just don't care. I understand they have a lot on there plate but to close the door in my face is BS, I have gotten my EXP and friend is in clan but I fear when they fix the glitch that allows banned players into Clan he will be forced out.

nuttin2say

That sucks.

Why are permanent bans even an option??

rwcgillam

I wonder if it would be better for the person to leave the clan on their own, then you can re-invite them.  This would keep them off the ban list and allow you to work around that issue.

Well they did technically leave, when they got Banned it threw them from Clan, due to the glitch nature of Elite atm I was able to reinvite them back in but even if he left again he would still be on Ban List, it's a One way system once there on the list it's there forever, which is why the thread name, why can't I choose to unban someone? Aren't I the Clan Leader, shouldn't I get final say? It also means that when a Glitch like mine occurs it causes all this run around when all they need to do is make it possible to unban someone. I mean all the ban system seems to do is remove them from clan at least for now, I figure once the site is fully operational though it will kick them out again or could possibly lead to a bigger glitch doing something bad to clan.

Clan Record Check: Member Banned! Member in Clan! Error! Error! Does not Compute, How is One Banned And Not Banned at Same Time! Clan is Illogical! Destroying Clan! Erasing KDR! Erasing Records! Erasing All Witnesses! Sacking a Major City! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!

Okay, maybe if the site emplyed an AI that might happen, just keeping things civil and lighthearted, but still, with our stats tied into Elite and our clans if it does go crazy anything could happen.

rwcgillam

If you kick them out of the clan they get banned, but if THEY leave on their own they don't get banned.  I'm just saying if you need to delete someone in the future in order to reinvite them to get their points, it would be better if THEY hit Leave Clan from their page instead of you deleting them from the clan. This will let you work around the banned issue because they aren't banned if they elect to leave, just if you kick them out.

I would like to apologize for the issue that you are having. In order for me to research what the support representive said, I would need for you to PM me either a incident # or e-mail that was used to contact us.  Also, did you contact us via the Elite support or via the normal support page.

I've gone ahead and forwarded the information that you provided in this thread to the appropriate parties. They'll go ahead and look into it further and I do apologize if this has cause you or your friend any troubles while using Call of Duty Elite.

I do have to say that I find it to be a bit crazy that there is no way for a Clan Leader to unban someone, or perhaps to kick without "banning."

I agree that kinda blows and its stupid you cant unban seeing as how people make mistakes, but hell if ur friend cant join your clan right now who cares. Right now they dont mean anything.

Same problem, elite is a unfinished site, and little problems that should of been fixed from the begining. they knew about it, why not make a kick, instead of perminant ban. Get the word out on my protest check out aoel on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Zso3Itse0&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Zso3Itse0&feature=youtu.beSame problem, elite is a unfinished site, and little problems that should of been fixed from the begining. they knew about it, why not make a kick, instead of perminant ban. Get the word out on my protest check out aoel on youtube

rwcgillam

It seems I read sometime back about someone with the same problem.  Anytime you eject a player (for whatever reason) from your clan it places them on the Banned list.  You can just invite the player to the clan again.  Until the glitch or whatever is fixed, he will always be on your banned list, but you can still re-invite the player and he can join your clan. 

Well I noticed a coupla days ago my mate was unbanned, and today it seems there is no longer a Banned Players Section anymore, which is interesting, I had banned a player for real (he was one of those Token Glitchers) I banned him a coupla days ago but it's not there anymore.

Either way Thank You Beachhead!