9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2011 6:17 AM by comboace RSS

Sniper

Ok, I have recently started a sniper loadout. Prior to this, all through the various call of duties I would not play sniper. Why? Because I thought that would make one a camper. Sure, plenty of snipers are campers, stay in the same spot the whole map. However, I have found it exhilerating to get up and move after every kill or two. Keep the players guessing. Most smart players go right back to where you killed them to exact thier revenge. When your not thier, it makes for a good game of cat and mouse! So, beinga sniper does not make one a camper! Or I guess a modified camper I suppose, or would it be a mobile camper?

• Re: Sniper

Sounds more like your a poacher haha you lead them to where you are and snip them from a new spot. I don't consider that a camper. Just strategic

Its really not camping because this game is somewhat based off of real life. A sniper rifle vs an assault rifle, take a guess at whos going to win that fight:)

kylet345

In a straight up firefight the AR will win (Unless you're some QS'ing ******). But if it's a long range encounter then it can vary because of the AR's ranged capability.

dlundebjerg28

Best way to be a sucessful sniper is to reposition yourself every two or three kills. You will die in a straight up fire fight with an SMG or AR 7 times out of 10 unless you get a quickscope off. Best way to snipe is to avoid those fire fights. Pick off a few guys coming toward your position, then move to a different vantage point where you can pick off guys rushing your old position. A good sniper doesn't stay hidden in the same spot the entire match. A good sniper gets a few kills and moves. Thats not camping, its playing smart with a gun that doesn't do well in constant CQC situations.

I do exactly the same.

1 or 2 kills then I move. Usually I only move slightly so I can get another kill in when they come back for me lol. Then I'll move completely :-)

I move also but normally because I died and it spawns me away from where I died lol,

Each to their own I suppose, I wouldn't say I camped either when the heat goes up I move but I don't really bother if I can find somewhere I can c them coming from either,  not after massive kill streaks just a few snipe kills to get the weapon upgraded or points for levelling, so I tend to stay put till they get annoyed enough to come looking for me, and sometimes I'm not even hiding just lay down I'm the middle of the map right infront of people and if I get two kills to my one death then yep I did ok lol

But I do play like what u do but with other classes like my run n gun one, I tend to camp on the outskirts of the action for a couple of kills then move places for another couple of kills then on to a new place for a couple more n so on n so on till I get caught out, then I just charge the main killing ground and start again lol

But each to their own, take no notice of all the whiners about camping play the game how ever u feel best suites u and enjoy killing as many as u can b4 u get caught and ignore the ones who moan when u beat them down,

indcolts18288

I too have fell in love with sniping! This is the first COD game where I've really applied myself. It is an art for for sure. I know places on the map that not a lot of people know, even on Dome where it's very hard to snipe. Although I still use my ACR on Dome for the most part. I move around a lot too. However there are times when I find a place so great I will sit there and pick off 8-10 players before they even realize what's going on. I love it. I can see u but u can't see me. I only die about 2 times sometimes less while getting between 12-20 kills. My fav rifle is the Barrett .50 cal with silencer and extended mags. I run with assassin pro, blind eye pro, and marksman pro with claymore and flash grenades. I found myself using tactical insertion at first but that can lead to a double death and it became more of a hinderance than anything. I wish the .50 cal had a little more power but it's definitely my favorite rifle. What do you fellow snipers run with? And why do u like a certain set up and rifle? I don't care what people think of me as a sniper. I help my team win by getting a lot of kills and not dying a lot. It's a rush and the most fun I've had in a while with this game. Run and gun for 26:18 has just gone stale. Sure you're helping your team get a lot of kills but you're also dying a **** load of times which is a detriment. I don't care if people snipe, camp, pray and spray, or run and gun. To each their own and it's all about the fun of the game.

indcolts18288

Also, if I ever decided to join a clan it would be a snipers only clan. That would be awesome. And I'm a 100% hard scoper. The only time I QS is by accident lol. I would love to learn to QS honestly but it's hard and anyone who says it doesn't take skill, you're full of it! We should keep this thread alive for us fellow snipers to post tips and stuff in. Great thread. I love to hear sniper stories.

Surprisingly I've gotten into sniping also, Like others said, it's fun running around with your ACR for a while but it does get stale. And you usually take a hit also with the deaths that affect your team as well. Sometimes I even get more kills sniping then I do by run and gun.

My K/D is way low but I don't care. It's all about having fun and playing the game. I love on some maps (Resistance for example), some players like to "camp" at the store area. So I go by the stairs on the other side of the map and of course surprise them. And then when they figure it out, I'm at the store sniping them by the stairs. And the frustration sounds from the mic ensues. lol

All in all This is just a game. Have fun! Everybody paid for it and is allowed to play the game their way.