7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2012 8:31 AM by renatsanta7 RSS

Weapon DLC's

PandaEatnRice

I think IW would make a big impact in the COD community if they decide to put in weapons for DLC's for Modern Warfare 3. I'm not saying they won't in the near future because I don't know if there will be any weapon DLC's in mw3. But I'm just saying.

It'd be nice if they brought back the ak-74u, which was in singleplayer, the M9, the M1911 from cod4 and mw2 (museum level in singleplayer), the AUG and/or the Famas (if so, fully automatic as in B.O), and bring in new weapons such as the Saiga 12 shotgun and the GOL Sniper Magnum, and also bring back the legendary RPD and the hated M93R. As these are all weapons in different weapon categories -- Assault rifles, SMG's, Shotguns, LMG's, Snipers, Machine Pistols --

I think these are good ideas for weapon DLC's if IW was indeed thinking about bringing weapons into the DLC categorie. Don't you agree with me? Maybe the weapons can function the same way for the weapons that were available with the "Back to Karkand" DLC for BF3, which included weapons from BF2.

• Re: Weapon DLC's

God, no, that would be terrible! Giving that advantage over non-DLC buyers would be unfair.

And the M1911 is supposed to be special, as it's Captain Price's gun.

As for most DLC, if you don't have it, you can't play in those maps.  I like the idea of bringing in the AK74U and the Famas (full auto), I would also like to see the 1887 as Akimbo! 

Put the weapons in the map packs, make them as a bonus incentive to get the map packs. No they are not going to be that overpowered even if at all. We're not talking about giving dlc weapons like a fat boy nuke launcher from Fallout. Infinity Ward said that weapons they cut are mostly based on being to similar to ones they already have in the game. Just give us the guns anyway and we'll pick on preference of which one we like. Like the M240 they cut from the game make the stats similar to the M60, and we can choose. And if there is a real difference make it so that players can buy the weapons individually from the packs. Either that or them as something you can buy from the prestige shop. That way everyone can buy it with the tokens they acquire. This is just an idea of how it could be handled. I really believe that weapon dlc could add a lot to this game. Thanks for reading this.

Put the weapons in the map packs, make them as a bonus incentive to get the map packs. They are not going to be that overpowered even if at all. We're not talking about giving dlc weapons like a fat boy nuke launcher from Fallout. Infinity Ward said that weapons they cut are mostly based on being to similar to ones they already have in the game. Just give us the guns anyway and we'll pick on preference of which one we like. Or make them as things you can buy in the prestige shop with tokens.

If they don't make the DLC guns overpowering, it would be a good idea. The last thing we need is people running around with the full auto varient of the FAL. I for one would like to use a M1 Grand.

Put the weapons in the map packs, make them as a bonus incentive to get the map packs. No they are not going to be that overpowered even if at all. We're not talking about giving dlc weapons like a fat boy nuke launcher from Fallout. Infinity Ward said that weapons they cut are mostly based on being to similar to ones they already have in the game. Just give us the guns anyway and we'll pick on preference of which one we like. Like the M240 they cut from the game make the stats similar to the M60, and we can choose. And if there is a real difference make it so that players can buy the weapons individually from the packs. Either that or them as something you can buy from the prestige shop. That way everyone can buy it with the tokens they acquire. This is just an idea of how it could be handled. I really believe that weapon dlc could add a lot to this game. Thanks for reading this.