21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2011 5:07 PM by ajzombie RSS

Striker.

thetizzleguy

Hey again MW3 fans not trying to moad here but was just thinking about all your thoughts on the striker and tbh all of the shotguns? do you think the range is crazy? S12 is not as good in MW3 as it is in MW2?

Ok well was running around a corner on resistance last night and got hit with a Striker :-( i was fine with the death but not as so when i watched the kill cam LOL. on the kill cam i was "and this is no word of a lie" about 100 meters away from the guy with the stiker haha. i just thought i was unlucky at first then it just kept happening i love the sriker but i persanally think the range needs to be edited a tiny bit

Thanks

x2 TizZle.

• Re: Striker.
    T-dubbyf4i

The striker is the best shotty in cod history.. It has range without any profentcies all the other shottys are horrible atleast until you unlock damage for them which is a very long and painful road to reach.

Striker definitely needs some toning down.

I disagree until you earn damage and extended mags the striker is pretty much useless. Shooting people 3 times in the face to have them turn around and kill you etc... The problem is all the whiners complaining about shotguns killed them and becuse of this they are taking away the extended mags glitch where you get more buckshot thus gimping the striker but making everyother shotgun useless in the process. If you see someone clowning you with a gold striker they have had to suffer through it's gimpness to earn attachments and proficiencies to make it worth a dam to use.

thetizzleguy

Come again mate? i have used the striker over and over and its basicly 1 shot kill without any attachments on it.. its an amazing shotgun and is one of my favs just thought the range was a bit of a killer thats all

I agree with the nerf of the striker. This gun's range is a little ridiculous. And compared to the rest of the shotguns... well, you know where this is going we've all heard it before.

I've gone into shootouts even using a rapid fire SMG and lost to someone with a striker.. close range and far. way to overpowered in my opinion... and its getting to the point anytime i see Dome or Mission come up, i almost want to find a new lobby due to the amount of people who use strikers on those maps...

Lol. You like to use the striker a lot don't you? The Striker is definitely OP, and anyone who doesn't think so is rediculously blind. I used the Striker before it blew up everywhere and it was  amonster with anything on it, anyone can put it one and kill anyone in their path unless they REALLY suck.

people running to the forums and crying needs to be toned down

IEliteWalker

The Striker is the only decent consistant shotgun in the game, it's not overpowered. The other shotguns are underpowered.

I've said this before why would someone use a Spas that takes 4 shots to kill on average when they can use a Striker that kills in 1-2 shots?

The striker even with the range proficiency only goes 60 ft.  And without damage proficiency you get 3+ hitmarkers near max range.  That translates to about .5 seconds.  Any base smg will kill at the same range in less than .16 seconds.  Now the striker is anoyingly spamable and is a favorite of nooby players.  But the damage proficiency + extended mags gives you a relaible shotgun out to its max range of 50 ft.  rarely requireing more than 2 shots at max range with great aim.  But the damage + extended mags striker is the exact same as the non stopping power 1014 from mw2.  They both do approximately 320-180 damage, have the same range of 50 ft., same rate of fire 352 rpm.  But the 1014 had a smaller clip and more recoil.  The damage the striker puts out is fine, its the massive clip and low recoil that make it a nooby weapon.  If they would create an attachment called "magnum ammo" that gave you the 9 pellets you wouldn't get the massive clip of extended mags or the low recoil of grip attachment.  Unless you use the 2 attachment proficiency and then you are basicly playing with a slightly better than base striker which would be meh...  Making the striker more like the 1014 would effectively nerf it for noobs while still keeping it a viable weapon for more seasoned shotgunners.

The Striker definitely needs to be toned down.

dtinsomnia

At close range there is no equal to the Striker with Damage on. Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2KQbocAZy4&context=C33a0e42ADOEgsToPDskJtduzXJKM iz50NWV_o3pDR

06kev12

The striker is fine. People are butt-hurt because they turn a corner and get killed. IT'S A SHOTGUN!!! Have any of you guys ever shot one? It's not just an up close and personal gun.

Take your beating like a man. If you don't like it, quit running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

gallp13

Don't use SG

Been killed by them plenty early on

Toned down my run n gun style a bit

Get killed less

No need for buff of nerf SG just fine

striker just needs more recoil and a smaller clip to balance it out.

If you 1 shot kill me with a Striker because I ran around a corner 15 feet in front of you then next time I should be more careful. If you walk around a corner and spray paint an entire room in about 1.5 seconds and pick up 2 or 3 kills because your Striker has no recoil and an incredibly high rof for a shotgun then that's an out of balance weapon

yes but nerfing its damage is not the way to go.  making it really hard to spam is the best way to nerf it.

gallp13

Bump

what they need to do is just get rid of all the guns expect one gun so everyone is on a level playing field. That way no one can cry about OP weapons lets not assume for a second that the person using said weapon might just be a better player ... Nope can't possibly be that the gun they are using is just OP. Lets just give everyone the same gun so people can just shut up and play the game.

ajzombie

striker= OP must be nerfed