40 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2012 8:39 PM by shankupotomus RSS

quick scope and compensation= I'm screwed

There is not person alive that can pull up a sniper rifle aim down scope and shot accurately, as fast as someone can get shots off with a smg 

This totally ruined my night and almost made me snap my game in half.  I ran into this guy about 5 times on hardhat. Me, mp5, him,Barrett.  I lost almost every battle to him quick scoping.  I would get shots off but not hitmarkers.

Please do something about this crap.  I for one can't take it.  Black ops would be in my Xbox if I hadn't spent $100 on this load of dung.  I keep trying to like it, but am struggling as of late.

• Re: quick scope and compensation= I'm screwed

Well he obviously was doing it. So either A it's possible or B it was all lag comp in which it had nothing to do with him sniping.

Nothing wrong with quickscoping.

Yeah, cause shooting someone with an AR in the head with one bullet and that person not dying, is realistic.

Stfu about realism. It's a game. If you want realism, join the army.

Its sad if you let someone with a sniper rifle outgun you, NO MATTER WHAT

Especially if this is a crossmap firefight and you have an automatic ar, and he has a bolt action.

You should probably quit the game if that constantly happens to you.

STFU about the game not being realistic.  Go play Halo if you don't want realism.

It is sad that you can't kill a sniper at almost point blank range within that small portion of a second it takes to barely start to ADS and gain 110% accuracy.(110 because he doesn't have to be on you, he can be next to you, and get the kill)

If it is a cross map firefight, the sniper is supposed to win out over an AR, not the other way around.

lol. Did I say I wanted or didnt want realism? That was directed towards the OP, dumbass.

It is sad...for the person who gets killed by the sniper.
        If they're using a bolt action, they shoot, they miss, you're looking at him, spraying, and they get another chance to shoot AND kill you, then you're bad.
        Considering you're using an automatic gun, and he has to shoot, pull the bolt back, and then aim and shoot again.

You must be one of those kids who constantly gets smacked by the little quickscoping kids.

Yes I do it, but I atleast go positive +10, and I hardly do it anymore. I prefer to mow people down with a rapid fire + RDS type 95.

AEon_Xao wrote:

It is sad that you can't kill a sniper at almost point blank range within that small portion of a second it takes to barely start to ADS and gain 110% accuracy.(110 because he doesn't have to be on you, he can be next to you, and get the kill)

All of that is false. 

This game is based on realism.  If it weren't it would be halo.  STFU about STFU.  There is no cure for quickscoping and lag compensation.  You can be the best player in the world and you cannot overcome for flaws in the game like this.  I could care less if a guy kept sniping me from across the map over and over.  I have fun trying to sneak around him and stab him in the back.  Bottom line is, a sniper rifle shoud not be able to be used as an smg. 

This game is full of flaws that are taylored to 12 year olds and their mentalities.  The mentality to go out and ruin others gaming experience.  They are the reason for ricochet.  Ricochet is a good idea, but needs some tweaking to make it worth being in the game.The ability to boost, the ability to quickscope, the ability to destroy friendly equipment, the ability to run into airstrikes and not die.  Quick scping was removed from Back ops, and IW thought it right to add it back into this title.  It just wasn't the right decision to make. 

Realism... A sniper will kill you.
        Not realistic, getting shot in the head, and walking it off in 5 seconds.
        Stfu about **** not being realistic.
        Its a game.

There is a "cure" for quickscoping. Black ops had the "cure" when the game was first released, with the delay in the shot and the sway.

Bottom line is, if you get killed by a sniper that is being used as an smg, and you actually have an smg, then you're bad.

I can understand if you get killed by him once, but enough to complain about it shows how bad you really are.

A sniper rifle will kill you, so will an smg.  The difference is that am smg should be faster in a run n gun situation, a sniper rifle should be more accurate in a long range situation.  Quickscoping is a flaw in the game.  I go positive in more games than not.  I was a 2.7 something KD  in BO and am around 1.6 in mw3.  This is with playing HC KC in this game where I go after almost every tag I see.  I do not care about KD in this game.  I was obsessed with it in BO and had fun keeping it up.  It was stressfull to not have a high kd game.  I changed  my mentality this game.  If I played like I did in BO I am sure I would be close to my KD for that game.  I am far from a bad player.  I communicate, I watch teammates backs, I am aware of what is going on around me. 

You said it yourself blackops had a cure for quickscoping.   If enough people complain about it, then IW may follow suit.

Wait.....You're having trouble with quick scopers in hard core?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 

A high KD doesnt mean ****.

I had a high KD and WL in black ops. And I always quickscoped... sooo yeah

I think you're just bad. It's not hard to smack a quickscoper.
            It's not a flaw either. Its a smarter way to use a gun that is honestly not as good as ar's and smgs.
            How many pros are using a sniper, compared to someone using an ar?

Quit being so close-minded, people complained about quickscoping being in the game, but people also complained about it not being in the game. If someone is only good at quickscoping and they feel good when they do it, why should you take that away from them? They bought the game, they can play it however.

Boosting is in the game as are glitches that allow you to go under the maps or in rocks.  There was an ability to Team kill over and over with no penalty.  Are you saying these things are right as well?  Little cheating glitching Boosters bought the game too.  Should they be allowed to exploit the system as well. Quick scoping is exploiting the system.  Just because it is in the game doesn't mean it should be.  Lag compensation definitely should not be in the game.  The 2 of these in combination is just ridiculous.  KD and spread is typically the way you measure your skill in a game as TDM. If all you are good at is quickscoping then you are garbage and should go the way of the DODO.  The sniper rifle is better than ARs and SMGs in what it is intented for, SNIPING!!!!!   Each gun type has a purpose.   An SMG is for close quarters fast paced situation as are shotguns.  Sniper rifles are for long range slower paced situations.  ARs are multipurpose and can do what both of the other 2 can but in limited capability.  It is why they make so many different weapons to serve different purposes.

Did I say those were ok?

No one likes boosters or stupid glitches.

Half the community is for quickscoping, and the other half isnt.

Quickscoping is allowed. The devs left it there for a reason.

They dont purposely let boosters and glitches in the game.

and stfu about lag compensation, its really not that bad.

Im just saying, if you're letting a sniper outgun you, up close, its not the game. Its you.

People can play the game however they want to, and if they're happiest when quickscoping, let them be.

Only other quick scopers like quickscoping, boosters like boosters, glitchers like glitchers.  It is all relative.  Perhaps you don't get lag compensation, because you are the reason that the other guy is being lagged.  These thing ruin the game for people that play it the way it was inended.  They did not put quickscoping in the game, they just didn't remove the ability to quickscope.  It was something that was found by an exploiter and spread like wild fire.  I am not letting them out gun me, the game is.   If I am running down a hall with an SMG and a guy turns the corner on full sprint with a sniper rifle at his side, I raise my gun and get shots off into his chest, but don't get hit markers, but he gets one shot off with a bolt action and I am dead instantly.  THERE IS A PROBLEM.  I know what I am seeing in my screen.   This is a situation that is impossible to overcome so STFU about it being me and not the game.  It is a flaw and a garbage aspect of the game that needs fixing.  Next game they should make a lobby that all you little douchebags can go into and do whatever the hell you want.  I just wish I didn't have to have a game ruined by idiots.

shankupotomus wrote:

WAAAAAAHHHH!  I keep getting killed and it's everyone elses fault!  QQ

TL;DR version. 

I could care less about getting killed by a situation that can be overcome.  I refuse to stoop to the level of any exploitations.  I don't camp, I don't noob tube with an xm25, I don't boost, I don't glitch, I don't quickscope.  I play the game and follow the objective of that game type I am playing.  In TDm I worry about KD and spread, in Dom I capture flags, in Kill confirmed, I collect tags and maintain a decent KD as well, but don't measure my game by it.  I just simply posted about a problem that I found with the game and was bombarded by an A hole that obviously could not be reasoned with and went around in circles.

theatriks

shankupotomus wrote:

Lag compensation definitely should not be in the game.

I was loving your post. Then I read this...

Sounds like you had a bad game. Ever tried drop-shotting a quickscoper? Hasnt failed me yet.