28 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2012 5:11 AM by UrbanGamer101 RSS

SO ANGRY WITH THIS HIT DETECTION!!!!

I know, I know, it's been talked about before........and no doubt it will be talked of for months to come, but I am just so pissed of with the hit detection in this game!! Today using a MP7, with rapid fire, standing ten feet away from an opponent, hitting him full in the face and chest, he continues to run and take me out with his knife!!! This was just one of the many I've had this morning. DON'T try telling me I'm missing coz I ain't!!! They need to do something about this or I'm permanently going over to BF3. Maps are miles better, not small little rabbit warrens where everyone runs around like a chicken with it's head cut-off. Thought has been put into BF3 maps, which is more than I can say for MW3. I really wanna like this game but unless the game designers actually pull thier fingers outta their long and deep arseholes posts like this will continue for the life of the game!!!!

• Re: SO PISSED OFF WITH THIS **** HIT DETECTION!!!!

Its lag compensation your experiencing, Its the dumbest idea to be implemented into multiplayer gaming.

• Re: SO ANGRY WITH THIS HIT DETECTION!!!!

try to make your connection slightly worse so you are playing with 3 or 4 bars at most. i don't have lag issues unless i am host and have full bars, but if i have 3  bars, i am running perfect.

all2pro

Its your internet, i faced ZERO hit detection except for internet problems bro.

Snipingdbag

I got a final kill cam showing how retarded lag compensation is the other night to all. I hit 3 t95 burst into someone (easy to see since the red dot was on) with only the last one doing damage / giving hitmarkers. This happens constantly, especially if they pick a bad host with pings above 75..

The hit detection is actually very good in this game. It is the lag comp/lag making so much garbage stuff happen

mischaelite

This is the first CoD game that has worked a 100% from the day of its release. With BLOPS I had to wait until february the year after to play without constant hardfreezing or lag, and MW2 started working fine with the patch the released just before x-mas that year. I have a connection of 200 MB/s which is pretty standard here in Sweden.

That makes me host quite often and I have not noticed anything wrong.

However, just before x-mas I went to New York in the US for some shopping since the $ is very cheap for us to buy now and stayed at a friends house. He had 10/1 MBs (which is quite enough for MW3) and hes game was constantly lagging in the manor the OP described.

He is going to visit me in Sweden next month (to take a closer look at the women he says ) but he will bring his MW3 disc to play on my PS3 as well to see if it has anything to do with his disc...

I had an issue like that, but am having trouble uploading the vid. I guess it's their way of making up for slow net connections, however, it is basically penalizing the people that have decent connection speeds. It's not fair at all...

I think they should look into matching people according to their connection speeds. And don't even let me get into slow hosts... UGH

[I'm still a Newbie, BTW]

I had an issue like that, but am having trouble uploading the vid. I guess it's their way of making up for slow net connections, however, it is basically penalizing the people that have decent connection speeds. It's not fair at all...

I think they should look into matching people according to their connection speeds. And don't even let me get into slow hosts... UGH

[I'm still New, BTW]

I too am suffering from this Lag Compensation which is causing hit marker issues. I have contact hits according to my view, but kill cam shows me missing. I paid for higher end Internet 25Mbps x 3Mbps just for playing COD. Now, I'm serioiusly considering dropping back to slower speeds since I am being penalized for having a better connection.

Then again, I now have BF3 so perhaps I'll just give up on COD products.

iAmEFFeX

The last few weeks the game has been running great for me. For a while I thought it was all sorted out and they finally did something to fix it. However, over the last few nights, it's been unplayable again. I just don't get it. No matter what, the game's quality can never be consistant it seems. I mean, I could accept a few bad games, but several days in a row of this nonsense.

Gerbera

I too have had this problem.

Many a time I should have gotten the kill, but ended up being the one killed, even if those shots are to the chest and/or head (and, as others have, have had the X indicator flash within my crosshairs and hear the distinct *THWUP!* sound of each hit) while, when watching the killcam, I only took 2-4 shots to the leg or side. Couple that with the fact that I could be using my ACR Assault Rifle while the opponent is using a PP90M1 sub machine gun and I gotta call it out...

A couple weeks ago, after I had finally found my niche custom class, I was doing a lot better than before (usually getting up to 16-17+ kills each match as opposed to 10-12 or so while trying stuff). But now, it's all going down the tubes because of this and I'm barely getting 8-11 kills because my hits don't seem to register while the one I'm shooting at seems to be able to knock me out with 2-4 hits anywhere no matter what I seem to do...

If they fix the lag the hit detection wouldn't be so horrible.

If.... 

avengedyesterday

You know what has worked for me? Don't play any games under 100MS. I'm serious. I was at the point where this game was nothing more than a coster on my table. I started playing today and couldn't find a game under 100ms like i usually go for, when i got into the above 100ms game, it ran flawlessly. Bullets hit their target as soon as I fired my weapon, no more magic bullets flying around corners, and hardly any WTF moments.

Its the opposite of how it should work. Games closer to you should run smoother but it seems I always get the bad side of lag comp when this happens. Now it feels like im on the same page, most of the time. Try it out, I'd like to see if the anyone else see's improvment doing this.

This is honestly probably the last "Infinity Ward"/Sledgehammer game I buy.  I'll likely give MW4 a rent but I seriously doubt I'll purchase it as quality is no longer a conern for Activision.

I'm hoping that Treyarch surprises us and drastically improves Black Ops 2 (or whatever game they're working on).

Well I upgraded my broadband connection especially for this game. That was the dumbest thing I could have done. Not only does it cost me £30 a month but in actual fact I should have downgraded it to the cheapest most rubbish slow broadband out there. I should have stayed with Sky on an 8Mb connection instead of the 30Mb I get now with BT Infinity.

I can't see the enjoyment in this game because of the unlevel playing field brought about by the multiplayer's networking engine or whatever it is. Why don't the makers just come out and explain wtf it is they have done and why people with slow connections see me coming.  Some people say I should fanny about with my router and put on a 100ms delay. Just plain ridiculous. Like this game.

And before anyone asks I don't like BF - that sucks.

Yours,

No longer a COD FAN. Used to be a COD Fan.