19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2012 9:26 AM by mickilla RSS

Try-harding

Okay so... many people on xbox think people "try too hard" in MW3. It's a new game, get over it. My friends and I have talked about this so many times. Well guess what, it's a part of the game. For example: If you think using a certain gun is going Try-Hard, it's not. Because the creators of the game put the dang gun in the game. The purpose of the gun? TO USE IT. Stop complaining. Also, the perks in the game are there to use too. If the creators thought the perk was unfair, they wouldn't have made it.
All in all, STOP COMPLAINING. It's apart of the game. If you don't like it. Change your game strategy to win, or give up the game.

Just saying...

• Re: Try-harding

I've said this in the past and I will say it again.

If you win you are a tryhard nerd
    If you lose you are a garbage random

You cannot win in CoD because the Live community will make your life hell win or lose.

As long as I do good, I don't care if we win or lose. I just like keeping positive. Mostly the little squeakers complain about what gun I use.

There are definitely somethings in core that are unbalanced which is why they get banned in MLG. If people complain in core, they they need to realize they are playing the wrong modes. Anyone know if the Competitive Barebones is up btw? Last I heard MLG wasn't done with balancing yet.

I don't care what people think, Aslong as im having fun and enjoying the game, when i don't i'll stop playing it.

Im enjoying it now and having loads of fun.

I know what you mean. But I'm a competitive person.. can't help it. I like to do the best that I can. But my point was that if it's in the game. It's not trying hard, it isn't unfair, it's aloud and apart of the game. -.- doing good gives me a feeling of accomplishment!!

What is "try-harding?"

The other day someone accused me of try harding when I won a FFA match with my Dragnov.  I mean, I guess yyou have to try pretty hard to win with that POS but it clearly is just people getting mad when they lose.

I get yelled at by people when I use my riot shield cause it's appearently a Try Hard Weapon... da fack.

Only time I've been called "Try hard" is when our group Wins a Domination round against a group of high K/D ratio people.  I remember one match where every player on my team was 10-30 but we still won the match 200-171 and ended the other teams huge win streak. They were even trying to convince themselfs that the loss "didn't count" because they severally outkilled us. I just politely reminded them that we were playing DOMINATION and not Team Deathmatch which caused them all to call us "Try Hards"

You clearly use the Type 95, FMG9s, Blind Eye, Assassin, Dead Silence, and Dead Man's Hand.  You're going to be called a tryhard kid.

Hookz

seriously why do u care what some kid from across the country says  ull never meet him and the chances of u playing with him again are slim unless u add him to ur friends list.

just tell em F**K off and go on with ur day 

mjw3786

this is how I read your post, OP:

"people call me a try hard because I spam the striker and/or FMG9's"

i wouldn't call you a try hard. those guns require absolutely zero skill so your effort is minimal.

triiviium-

I hate for being called a try hard. So what I got 15 caps in dom with 75 plus kills. Thats the OBJECTIVE isnt it.

mickilla

The developers are human too, they make mistakes. It doesn't make much sense to convince yourself that just because they put something in the final product, then it can't possibly have any flaws. We can all conjure up memories of some gems from MW2 like commando lunges and OMA/DC tubes.

As of these so-called 'tryhards', I respect them for just being pragmatic. They use whichever weapons and tactics actually work. If there's any blame to assign, its to the developers who make silly mistakes in how they balance the weapons and in-game mechanics.

All the same, when one of these mistakes happens and an obnoxious playstyle is made viable, of course you'll see everyone using it. That goes without saying. Just as I've said before, the responsibility rests on the developers to correct these issues. And if they fail to do so, then they're just lousy at their job.