19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2012 12:51 AM by tjmoore365 RSS

Akimbo FMG vs Model 1887(MW2)

Correct me if i'm wrong, in modern warfare 2 the akimbo model 1887 were hands down the most overpowered gun in all of he call of duty's. The akimbos were patched within a month after the game came and we almost next to worthless after that.The Akimbo FMG's are just as if not more powerful than the model's were. It's been almost two months and the guns havent been nerfed the slightest. The models were like a sniper rifle and could hit anybody you shot at. When it comes down to it no matter what gone you have you can not out shoot the FMG's, you can try dropshotting, jumping, running or hiding and when it comes down to it 99 times out of 100 you will die to the cheeseball overpoweredness of the the FMG(*** mans gun). They need to be patched end of story, if you dont agree with me tell me and i want to hear your reasoning.

Thanks

PreNade

• Re: Akimbo FMG vs Model 1887(MW2)

I agree they're overpowered, although I have managed to out-gun people with it using the PP90M. I've come to the conclusion that at this time, the only thing to do is use them yourself. That way you get a 50/50 chance to survive an encounter with another FMG9 user, rather than 10%. I only use it as a true secondary, though.. when I run out of ammo, would have to reload, or when I see someone running around near me with that silly arm-swinging walk of a dualwielder, to counter them.

Yes they are over powered, way over powered. I can not say which I think was more over powered as I did not have an Xbox during MW2 first 2 months, but I can say that the FMG9's are overpowered, like you said you can not out shoot them in CQC, you will loose almost always, unless of course you have them yourself. I use the P99 to be sportsman like, and I have outshot FMG9 users twice; once because they were a tad out of range (across the map on Interchange lol), and the other they had previously ran their clips out at another enemy so I killed him when he was reloading . Hands down they need to be patched, whether it be there spraying accuracy, range, or fire rate I don't know and I don't care as I don't use them just make it so I have a 20% chance of outshooting them with my pistol.

They need:

Lower ROF

More recoil

Less damage

Reduced spread. (Yes, read why)

When they increased the spread they actually made the FMG MORE powerful. Because of the ridiculous ROF it fires a bullet wall that kills anything within the crosshairs. I tested the day of the patch just because I wanted to see if it was actually nerfed (3 games only guys, I haven't used since). If anything it was substantially EASIER to get kills.

Short version: Their nerf was accidentally a buff.

Perry1188

Completely agree, most of the people I see using these things can't aim a regular gun and by widening the spread the wild aiming actually has more chance of hitting its target. Since it requires so few bullets and fires so fast, there is literally no comparison weapon in Call of Duty history that can match these two.

mickilla

Agreed.

But just for the sake of conversation, let's pretend for a moment that they didn't deal anywhere near as much damage as they do now. Even then, they would still be insufferable because they can be sprayed, and with hit flinch as high as it is, retaliating against a spraying akimbo user is only easy if they completely miss you.

I'd much rather have strong weapons that demand precision than weak ones that don't. I say the solution is to let the hip spread of akimbo weapons start at about the width they are now, but every consecutive round you fire makes them widen exponentially. Something to teach the sprayers to fire in controlled bursts.

trialstardragon

This is not Halo: Reach and this game would not work well with the Bloom system being used within it.

mickilla

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most weapons already have widening spreads when fired from the hip? Usually their maximum width is reached pretty quick, but the so-called 'bloom' system is already in the COD series, has been from the beginning.

The akimbos and shotguns were unique because they were the only weapons that didn't have their hip spread widen when they fire. The only suggestion I'm pitching is that this would allow the akimbos' spread to just keep on widening so long as the trigger is held down.

I would like to say the Mp40 might give a fight for most overpowered gun. Maybe it was because I used bolt actions all the time in WAW (I swear that they should bring this back in some shape or form. These were the greatest part of playing WAW) and they could punish you so easily for not getting the fatal shot.

If you guys played Black ops, remember how lots of guns were changed when being used akimbo (such as the scorpion which was given a huge cross hair and weakened damage to make sure it wasn't a 2 hit kill).

The annoying thing with the FMG9 is that it deals unbelievably high damage far to fast and making the cross hair bigger could inadvertedly buff it because the fire is fast enough to compensate.

Alot things would have to be edited such as recoil, DAMAGE, ROF and such. I read somewhere that the ROF actually gets faster on fmg9 akimbo compared to a regular fmg9 (the DPS potenially dealt by akimbo fmg9 is actually more then double the DPS one fmg9 deals).

tjmoore365

If you can't kill someone rocking akimbo FMG9's w/steady aim, then either you're not adjusting your classes right, or you just suck. Assuming that you're just not adjusting your classes right, you should try using the PP90M1 w/ extended mags, rapid fire, and steady aim. You'll win most of the time.

Keep in mind, your own reaction time is a significant factor in determining whether or not you win gun battles.

One thing that I'd like to point out is that I'm amazed at how different the FMG9 and G18 stats are, considering that the FMG9 is nothing more than a G18 packed in a folding carrying case... hmmm.

tjmoore365 wrote:

If you can't kill someone rocking akimbo FMG9's w/steady aim, then either you're not adjusting your classes right, or you just suck. Assuming that you're just not adjusting your classes right, you should try using the PP90M1 w/ extended mags, rapid fire, and steady aim. You'll win most of the time.

Keep in mind, your own reaction time is a significant factor in determining whether or not you win gun battles.

One thing that I'd like to point out is that I'm amazed at how different the FMG9 and G18 stats are, considering that the FMG9 is nothing more than a G18 packed in a folding carrying case... hmmm.

Because a 2000+RPM 3 hit kill weapon is sooo easy to adjust to with any weapon in these tight maps.

I think the previous poster inadvertently helped make the OP's point:  He's used . . .

- his primary weapon slot,

- his proficiency,

- his attachments, and

- his tier 3 perk slot

. . . all to give him a fair shot against the other player's SECONDARY WEAPON.

tjmoore365

randomguy987 wrote:

I think the previous poster inadvertently helped make the OP's point:  He's used . . .

- his primary weapon slot,

- his proficiency,

- his attachments, and

- his tier 3 perk slot

. . . all to give him a fair shot against the other player's SECONDARY WEAPON.

No, I think that you're just not paying attention.

-Of course I used the primary weapon slot... You're going to use one anyway so why now put it to good use and give yourself an advantage over the competition?

-Of course I used a proficiency... You're going to use one anyway so why not use one to give yourself an advantage over the competition?

-Of course I used attachments... Don't most people? Two is better than one, and therefore better than only having one attachment on any gun. More ammo to outlast the FMG9's and rapid fire for the extra edge over the competition. Come on, you're going to use an attachment or two, so why not use attachments that are going to give you an advantage over the competition?

-Of course I used a tier 3 perk... So does everyone else who runs akimbo FMG9's. That's why they're so deadly accurate. You're going to use a tier 3 perk anyway so why not use one that's going to give you an advantage over the competition? Besides, you only have 5 perks to choose from and steady aim is one of the best.

... all to give myself a very clear ADVANTAGE over the competition.

Do you see a pattern here? Every time you set up a class, it's with the intention of having an advantage over the competition in order to come out on top. Whether it's your primary, secondary, grenades, equipment, perks, death streaks, or kill streak rewards. So really, what's the problem here?

The true demonstration of skill is neither in your accuracy, nor your ability to kill, nor your ability to exploit and abuse certain flaws in the game to get a high score or high K/D. The true demonstraion of skill is the combination of the knowledge of how to adapt to the environment and to overcome adversity, and the ability to do so. So instead of complaining about how a gun needs to be nerfed, remind yourself that in real life, you don't get a second chance. A 5.56 round kills just the same as a .50cal round (it's just that the .50cal is messy) So I ask you, what would you do on the battlefield in real life? would you go complain to Alexander Kalashnikov that his AK47 and all of its variants need to be nerfed? Or would you just suck it up and shoot the guy holding the AK? Come on, grow a set and figure out a way to beat these guns instead of crying like a girl about how they should just shoot rubber bullets just so that you can shoot the guy holding them because you lack the ability and knowldedge to overcom adversity and skill.

Is there a video of the Models pre-patch? Cause I didn't get the game until after the nerf.. and I'm curious to see how overpowered they were.

Brick2urFace

They just need to nerf all akimbo machine pistols into oblivion.  After the fall of the fmgs the others would just take up the slack.  They need to go the way of the mw2 1887 and be uterly destroyed.  Keep them the same sinle though because a single machine pistol is fine.

trialstardragon

OP.. really no.. easy to counter... yes. You can easily out class the akimbo fmg player if you learn and understand how it works and its limitations. They are far from OP. And the fact that they fire twice as many rounds being a dual weapon means it should terminate your spawn in mere moments when you come across them at the wrong range.

Brick2urFace

the problem is the fmgs get 3 hit kills out to 45 ft.  And they have a tiny hip spread with steady aim.  And considering the size of the maps it is extremely hard to give enemy players 45 ft.  unless you camp.  Akimbo fmgs are akimbo pp90s with a little more recoil and the damage drops 5 ft. faster.  and they are a secondary.  And considering an aggesive player can't just avoid other players when trying to rush the only way to combat fmgs are to camp.  yeah akimbo fmgs are not op at all. (as much sarcasm as is physicly possible to put into writing) 

fantasmo

OP.. really no.. easy to counter... yes. You can easily out class the akimbo fmg player if you learn and understand how it works and its limitations. They are far from OP. And the fact that they fire twice as many rounds being a dual weapon means it should terminate your spawn in mere moments when you come across them at the wrong range.

Please tell me you're joking. Theres something wrong when you can take out an assualt/support juggernaut in less than a clip from either gun at a mid-range.

theatriks

...Did he say within a month of the games release?

LOL

Infinity ward never learns thier lesson. 

FMG9's = Raffica's/G18's from MW2

Striker  =  Akimbo Models From MW2

Tac insert is still allowed in FFA

Blast shield does absolutely nothing when I use it. 

Rapid fire attachments with no added recoil

No rate of fire limiter on Semi auto guns.  (every match I joined tonight had fully auto MK14's and RSASS's)

And on top of that throw in a horrendous spawn system,  trbl netcode, and bad maps = The steaming pile that is MW3.