1 2 3 Previous Next 131 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2012 1:37 AM by Xentag RSS

Is it the Lag Compensation or something else.

IEliteWalker

I've just edited this thread to be a more civil dicussion. I'm sure other people are as annoyed with this lag issue as me.

Well I went back on my word and tried MW3 again late last nite, and to my supprise quite alot of games were near perfect for a while, then afterwards it went downhill again, players shooting me before I can react, sponging "whole clips" just the usual.

So yeah I'm coming to the conclusion there's more to these lag issues that meets the eye, could it be something to do with the matchmaking aswell?

My games tonite~

Game 1(4BAR): Matched against players from Spain, I was unable to kill them consistantly just as I expected. (taking 5 or more shots for my bullets to register)

Game 2(3BAR): Put in a losing game, very laggy "rubberbanding". Reset my router after to make sure it wasn't me.

Game 3(4BAR): OK game. Two Players were near impossible to kill. One from Hull and one from Manchester.

Game 4(3BAR): Very good game I could kill all players with ease except one player. My bullets didn't register at all on this player. (He was from Nottingham)

Game 5(3BAR): Very good again. Killed everyone easily.

Game 6(4BAR): Unplayable again, people sponging whole clips, two players were from London the rest didn't have their location on their profile.

These were some of my games tonite, as you can see it varies, from good to bad. I actually had more good games than bad tonite which I was quite happy about.

• 1. Re: Looks like Lag Compensation is here to stay.
    Nubdub

Robert bowling said in his twitter today that "further updates for Lag comp are happening for sure". He must believe an issue still exist. I hope it happens next patch or I am done.

• 2. Re: Looks like Lag Compensation is here to stay.

I would love to speak to the person who thought up the idea of Lag comp and tell them to their face that they are an idiot.

• 3. Re: Looks like Lag Compensation is here to stay.
    Nubdub

I think the idea had good intentions just was not implimented correctly. I don't want to have an advantage I just want the playing field even. Extremely sick of getting killed by 3 bar Gods with 5-1 kill to death ratio because bullets bounce off from the lag comp.

• 4. Re: Looks like Lag Compensation is here to stay.
    IEliteWalker

Been having a blast on COD4, even playing against Americans I'm on 2 Bar they're on 3/4 Bars vice versa and it still runs 100% better than MW3.

You get the OMG BS lag moment now and again on COD4 but I can deal with that, unlike MW3 when you get moments like that 10 times per game.

I even tried MW2, and managed to get in a game against people from Japan and my god the game was like playing LAN compared to MW3.

• 5. Re: Looks like Lag Compensation is here to stay.

Guess what COD4 has in it.  LAG COMPENSATION.  Guess what BF3 has?  Guess what EVERY online game since the early 90s has?

The only difference here is that they messed up the formula a bit trying to improve on it and regret it.  They are patching it and it actually seems A LOT better now.

I'm fairly certain that the lag compensation formulas used in this version actually are NOT even the problem anymore.  There are just a TON of uneducated kids "crying wolf" so to speak any time they die and since they have NO idea what lag comp is, they think it is the culprit.

• 6. Re: Looks like Lag Compensation is here to stay.

XRaheemX wrote:

Guess what COD4 has in it.  LAG COMPENSATION.  Guess what BF3 has?  Guess what EVERY online game since the early 90s has?

The only difference here is that they messed up the formula a bit trying to improve on it and regret it.  They are patching it and it actually seems A LOT better now.

I'm fairly certain that the lag compensation formulas used in this version actually are NOT even the problem anymore.  There are just a TON of uneducated kids "crying wolf" so to speak any time they die and since they have NO idea what lag comp is, they think it is the culprit.

This man is informed beyond his years.

Wiggy agrees with every word of this.

Fine post Sir.

• 7. Re: Looks like Lag Compensation is here to stay.

A lot of people don't know the history of lag compensation or what it really is. I don't think they ever will, your "kids 'crying wolf'" analogy is beautifuly accurate.

Lag compensation has been in every single game these kids have grown up playing, they act like they know the difference.

• 8. Re: Looks like Lag Compensation is here to stay.

I sure hope Lag Compensation is here to stay.  As if it didn't stay, that would mean the end of online gaming, and surely none of us want that, right?

• 9. Re: Looks like Lag Compensation is here to stay.

Unless it went back to client-side, but that's not really an option that we can take right now. That's one of the things being discussed in Raheem's thread about lag compensation right now, haha.

1 2 3 Previous Next