13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2012 7:37 PM by markocc RSS

COD = $ BF3 = Game that cares about how it works.

i7vsa7vi7y

My first PS3 game was Black Ops and to this day Black Ops still doesn't work. I bought MW3 because I thought it would be like MW2 high up places in the map ect... Turns out that my trained marine can't even get onto a 3 foot table. The main point is COD games don't even work. They throw the game out make their money and care nothing about how it runs. Sure they fix some glitches but the map packs is their main focus. You can play 2 games of COD and see so much bs that happens. The latency, hit detection you guys already know I don't have to name them.

I'm not a BF3 fanboy. I would probably actual enjoy COD more if the game just worked. Now I started playing BF3 and man if you play BF3 for say 2 days or so without playing COD then going back to COD you realize how much of a joke that game is. I mean come on, if I die by missles I wanna die from a guy shooting missles from a plane, tank ect.. not from a guy who in the heat of the battle pulls out his laptop and pushes F5 and all the sudden a missle falls on me. It's pretty funny lol. COD is so dumb down. Can't kill people? No problem you can kill a couple people and take out your phone and call a helicopter to help you. If that isn't easy enough you don't even have to fly it we will do it for you.

For all the people who are pretty fed up with this $60 game that should be $25. Try out battlefield. One thing that happens in BF that never happens in COD is you and another guy can actually kill eachother with guns. It makes sense. If your shooting a guy and he turns around and blast you with a shotty. You should both die. A PSP game socom even had that same effect so how can a PS3 game thats 6x a PSP games size can't do that. All I know is if the next COD doesn't have dedicated servers or actually works. Not buying it. They really need to step it up or Battlefied is going to be the best seller in the future.

Understand that its not a games graphics or anything in that matter that make a game work. Its the mechanics. I much rather play a game with shitty graphics that works than a real life graphic type game that doesn't. BF3 works COD doesn't its a simple as that. What does COD have that battlefied doesn't? Better graphics, it works, lighting, sound pretty much everything. Once you get used to how it works the game is very enjoyable because it actually makes sense when you die unlike COD where most the time your questioning how he killed you.

BF3 - For people who want a realistic war like shooter. Explosions, debre, vehicles, tramendous sound, gun fire, huge maps.

You feel like a soldier in war with this game.

COD - Fast past arcade shooter. Easy kills. Will take you under 5 matches to be good at the game.

You feel like Rambo running around.

• Re: COD = $ BF3 = Game that cares about how it works.
    Rydog256

The reason this game hardly works on PS3 is because its a port. They have been porting it since COD4. They just simply dont want to put the work in for the PS3, so they develop it for Xbox 360, and simply Copy/Paste it to PS3, Wii, and PC. I dont think its right, we payed for a game that was made for the Xbox. Im surprised it runs as it is. I saw a picture on the Black Ops forums when a new patch came out and on the PS3 version, I **** you not, for Hardcore S&D, under it it said "Xbox Party Chat Not Allowed". I pay for this game annually every year, just to have it developed for Xbox 360.

markocc

BF3 is just as broken as MW3 on the PS3. The voice chat is completely broken and I really don't think they can fix it. This isn't what absolutley kills the game though. What kills BF3 is the completley ******* broken controls. There is a major delay from when you press over and when it moves on screen. I tried to get used to it but it's just not fun having to battle with the shitty controls instead of battling the other players. The ****** up part is that on the beta the controls were perfect and had absolutely no delay.

This whole releasing broken versions of PS3 games has gotten to be so much that I decided to buy an XBOX again because Sony allows these companies to release completely broken shitty ports instead of developing on both consoles separately. How the hell is is fair that they spend millions of dollars developing a game for the 360 but then spend a few grand just to port it over completely broken to the PS3.

**** Sony for allowing this. **** Microsoft for bribing companies to do this. If I have to choose between 2 shitty companies I will still choose the one who has the better product.

I have played homefront, bf3, moh and every single time i come bk to cod because yes there maybe problems but nothing beats cod, The controls are so nice and work perfectly. I dont think it needs lots of tanks and planes like bf and homefront because I think that only takes you away from the experience. In war you dont just get in a plane and fly around or get in a tank when you want to and shoot people. you have a purpose and cod is all about ground war.

I think everyone can obviously play watever they wana play but if you dotn like cod and are so against it why dnt you just not play it and forget about it.

I give you 4 weeks before your back on.

i really dont think MW3 is as broken as the community says it is. Well yeah it has its downsides but all the people i know and myself have no such issues such as lag and hit ditection problems, but well maybe once a week. No game is perfect we just have to make use of what is given to us. COD gameplay can be easily affected by a bad router or just downright slow internet. COD isnt broken in general, just yours.

nuttin2say

Call of Duty is definitely on the downward slope, I'll grant that.

But BF3 ain't all that, either.

BTW - I have played BF3 for the last two days.

fantasmo

LOL, EA are bigger Money whores than Activision.

BF3 is far from perfect i have it and we have the same issues over their aswell with the chat being c rap and also the problems with EA are rediculous ive known people tht have had the game since day one and still cant play it due to the fact they cant connect to the ea servers always getting disconected ive had similar problems but have been fortunate enough to play the game and its an ok game. other problems with BF3 are people cant play campaign because their getting diconnected from the EA server ur probably think campaign isnt online. thts exactly my point campaign cant be played because it thinks it needs to be connected to the internet. cod dont have these problems and it certainly doesnt have connection issues well i have never experienced them any way to me cod is all about the ground warfare side and i think its awesome i have only ever encountered one problem with MW3 and thts the stat reset crap tht they apparently patched but it still does it.  diffrence is i dont moan about it i just carry on playing and have fun. MW3 is full of campers QS ers and boosters but cmon in this day and age wht game isnt MW3 has its faults and so does BF3 seriosly what game doesnt all i say is my clans Motto Get Good Or Get Out and thts not directed in the way as if ur not good enough to be in the clan get out. its if your not good enough to play with good players and ur gonna moan all the time because u just suck then get out no one wants hear it were all here to have fun

fantasmo wrote:

LOL, EA are bigger Money whores than Activision.

lolno.

None of the cods are broken games other than to bad losers and idiots that think they know more than they do. oh and the herd mentality "its got to popular, better hate it to be cool" gets a bit desparete though, when people use bf3 as an example of a better fps. Some people will obviously prefer it but then some people like to sit at home and hand paint silly little models rather than have fun. each to their own in that respect though.

None of the cods are broken games other than to bad losers and idiots that think they know more than they do. oh and the herd mentality "its got to popular, better hate it to be cool" gets a bit desparete though, when people use bf3 as an example of a better fps. Some people will obviously prefer it but then some people like to sit at home and hand paint silly little models rather than have fun. each to their own in that respect though.