10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 6:13 AM by cheaterssuk RSS

16:10 resolution.......??

Hi!

Someone, ANYONE, tell me why the *** does MW3 NOT SUPPORT 16:10 RESOLUTION.

SERIOUSLY? CS1.6 DOES, COD 1 DOES!

THEN WHY?

Allright.. raging's done.

Now, since you devs didn't even bother doing the most simplest thing that is enabling proper 16:10 resolutions, is it possible than that I use this program to simulate the 16:10 resolution properly? http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

Will this trigger a VAC ban? I just want to be able to play on a 16:10 resolution without it being squashed.

Thanks

Silent_Eliminator (name's too long...?)

Wishes to have replies.

• Re: 16:10 resolution.......??
    poison_pawn

um... i never had a problem enabling the aspect ratio:

go to options>video>advanced video settings; you should find it there.

Do you have a 16:10 screen? Probably not. 16:9 and 4:3 works perfectly, 16:10 is squashed as hell and mouse movement is messed up (vertical goes faster than horisontal)

Try playing on windowed mode with a 16:10 resolution, you'll see what I mean.

The only way I reach to play the game right now is by playing in windowed mode with a 16:9 resolution... this is stupid

I do have a 22" 16:10 screen, which works perfectly with the game, running at 1680x1050, which is a 16:10 resolution.

Other than the framerate issue that pops up after a number of rounds, I have no other video issues.

poison_pawn

vetinari83 wrote:

I do have a 22" 16:10 screen, which works perfectly with the game, running at 1680x1050, which is a 16:10 resolution.

Other than the framerate issue that pops up after a number of rounds, I have no other video issues.

Same here, I don't see the issue? 0_o try running it full screen, in native mode?

In mw3, 16:10 resolution is an elongated 16:19. Widescreen Fixer kinda fixes this, by modifying FOV. I’m using it and I’m not yet banned.  After all, it doesn’t give you any advantage.

There is no distortion on my 16:10 screen, running 1680*1050, which is the native resolution for this monitor.

I assume you mean that in your MW3, 16:10 is a height-increased 16:9.  No real good word for that is there?

Unless there is just something odd with your monitor, like it doesnt use standard 16:10 resolutions or something like that, you shouldn't ever have any issues with stretching.  Mine looks just fine. Nothing is stretched out of shape.  Everything looks as it should.

Now if you want some widescreen tricks, try playing COD:UO on a widescreen, 16:9 or 16:10.  That will mess with your eyes a bit if you don't have the right tweaks.

16:10 does not work, it is just 16:9 stretched. If you think it does, take a sniper, look down the scope, take a print screen and draw a box around it.... it will not be a square.

Widescreen Fixer kind of works, but it trys to update the fix in-game. As far as i'm concerned it is IW's responsibility to fix there product, not some independent coder.

Really is disgusting that 5 updates later nothing has been done about this issue, which I know was first bought up on the Steam forums within a few days of release. It's not even like the game engine was coded from scratch, its a big mod of MW2 (which supported 16:10 just fine).

I would try and fix it myself but changing the game files would not be tolerated by VAC. Guess IW are far to busy making new DLCs to sell to deal with an easy-to-fix-yet-significant bug.

If you have noticed it, make some noise... if enough people do IW might just fix it.

Sorry for the tone, but it has been months since the issue was reported. If IW do care about customers (that is, after they have paid), prove me wrong, fix the issue in the next update...

You have a greater FOV at 16x9. Why do you want to decrease your field of view? I run in a window 1280x720.