1 2 3 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2012 5:35 PM by sml7285 RSS

Example of OP Striker.

I don't mind shotguns being decent, but the range on this is fairly ridiculous in my opinion. Nerf Striker distance and give other shotguns a small bump.

• 1. Re: Example of OP Striker.

ive got to agree the striker with range is way to overpowered but its alot of fun destroying cheapscopers and akimbo fmg users with it

• 2. Re: Example of OP Striker.
    JPE777

I largely agree although I wouldnt have a problem with it having that range if the only way it could be attained was by ADS and not just spamming from the hip.

The stakeout in black ops had the best effective range but only if you ADS.

The other shottys definitely could do with improvements (at least higher damage within the CQB range). Picked up a spas yesterday and ADS on a player who was prone and looking away from me. Took my time, squarely on his head/neck area... hit marker.

• 3. Re: Example of OP Striker.
    WiseguyFTL

The striker is not op.. The striker is about as good as all the other shotguns should be. The range isn't even that big, when you're on Dome near the containers shooting at people inside the garage thing (if you know what i'm talking about =D) you won't hit them... Rapid fire SMG's can easily outshoot the Striker even at close range, especially when using Focus so you don't get the view kick...

• 4. Re: Example of OP Striker.

WiseguyFTL wrote:

The striker is not op.. The striker is about as good as all the other shotguns should be. The range isn't even that big, when you're on Dome near the containers shooting at people inside the garage thing (if you know what i'm talking about =D) you won't hit them... Rapid fire SMG's can easily outshoot the Striker even at close range, especially when using Focus so you don't get the view kick...

Striker has a range that is comparable to the 1887/spas with only a minimal drop off in damage. That the weapon is spammable makes it overpowered.

• 5. Re: Example of OP Striker.

stop crying kid, if it is SOOO overpowered then why not using it yourself?

Ho that's right you've tried to using but suck at it cuz it isn't as easy and powerful as you thought therefore you cry when you get kill by it cuz you can't do good with it yourself...

and besides he was using the range proeficiency which does what the name implies, INCREASES the range...

• 6. Re: Example of OP Striker.

NIX_007 wrote:

stop crying kid, if it is SOOO overpowered then why not using it yourself?

Ho that's right you've tried to using but suck at it cuz it isn't as easy and powerful as you thought therefore you cry when you get kill by it cuz you can't do good with it yourself...

and besides he was using the range proeficiency which does what the name implies, INCREASES the range...

Don't call me kid, kid. I use bad weapons. I don't enjoy using good weapons and I don't mind when people use them, but when something that kills me is just completely inbalanced, I'll speak out about it.

I have more kills with the PM9 than I do the Type 95, ACR, Striker, and FMG9s COMBINED and I've been playing shooters for long enough to know when a weapon is overpowered. I also have more kills with the KSG9 than the Striker. Those are my credentials - what are yours?

• 7. Re: Example of OP Striker.
    uribe_123

STFU at least its not a type 95 one burst to the leg and ur dead or a sniper you just click fire and it kills your enemy.

• 8. Re: Example of OP Striker.

uribe_123 wrote:

STFU at least its not a type 95 one burst to the leg and ur dead or a sniper you just click fire and it kills your enemy.

A very eloquent and well written response. Bravo!

• 9. Re: Example of OP Striker.
    RAMBONER

sml....you have helped me a ton on here bro and I agree with  100% of your posts.....

Well 99.99999% now haa....dude if the striker wasnt the way it was nobody would use shoutguns I mean how many other shottys do you see cuz I rarely see them....Last time I checked on elite I had around 6 thousand kills with it and that was over a prestige ago.  If you havnt yet bro you should try it until you get it to lvl 28 and unlock damage cuz its a mother effer to be honest.  When I prestiged last time I remembered what I hate about prestiging...the thing is 2-3-4 shots to kill everytime and the 2's are actually rare.  It really sucks and then once you get to damage you are rewarded for the struggles of getting it.

I have had the occasional time where I whacked someone out of range and thought hmmm....I have also had plenty of times where I was beat by a quick scoper from 10ft so I feel those two cancel each other out and its mostly fair.

Also to use the shottys effectively you really have to change your game plan.  When I run into an area I always have to keep something between me and where the enemy might be which is way harder then just popping out with an AR or smg and letting em fly.  I have also had tons of times where I see a guy and know hes out of range and by the time I sneak around to him someone or that guy toasts me......just my opinion bro and Id hate to see my favorite class ruined cuz of a nerf to the only viable shotty......Plus man if snipers are that effective up close (in the right hands) shottys should be deadly within that range as they are no good any farther.....

1 2 3 Previous Next