22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2012 9:58 AM by shankupotomus RSS

Stop crying.

People really need to stop crying about things like EMPS, recon drones, OP rifles, and such.  FOcus on things that actually need fixing.  Things like the destruction of friendly equipment counting as enemy equipment.  TI boosting in KC.  This horrible lazy Ricochet format.  Give us a format that friendlies can be killed but do not count a death or lose their killstreak.   The offender loses points for a teamkill but does not die.  Too often palyers run in front of you and take a bullet to the head, or they run into your airstrike because they will not die.  These are real issues, not that a n EMP lasts for 60 seconds.

  • Re: Stop crying.
    gallp13

    Sanity at last....well put that man.....mooostly;)

  • Re: Stop crying.

    Anyone else notice that sometimes a perk you have on won't take effect? For an entire game with Sleight of hand pro my weapon switch was as if it wasn't on.

  • Re: Stop crying.

    Yeah because discussion on these forums somehow hinders the developers' ability to address these "real issues".

    • Re: Stop crying.

      These forums are filled with whining about people losing to others playstyles.  They want everything to go their way each and every game.  Who cares if someone is camping?  I call it a moustrap.  They obviously are not comfortable at running around.  Let them sit in their corner or flush them out, but who really cares?  If that is what they need to do to win, or not hurt their team.  The things that need fixing are the things that get abused or are completly ridiculos to start with.

      • Re: Stop crying.
        gallp13

        That's what I'm talkin about...here here!

      • Re: Stop crying.

        So who's to say that the EMP is not ridiculous.

        • Re: Stop crying.

          It really is not.  So, it stops you from using an electronic device for 60 seconds.  It is not like a noob tube that can fire 10 or 12 shells at a rapid rate and the fact that you earn it way before the slow 2 shot single load grenade launcher.  It is only 60 seconds.  It actually provides a nice break from all of the killstreaks.  Choppers don't really bother me anyways, as I am hidden from them until some idiot spawns on me and is not using blind eye.

          • Re: Stop crying.

            shankupotomus wrote:

             

            It actually provides a nice break from all of the killstreaks.

            That is where I disagree. As a person who uses the specialist package almost exclusivly I'd welcome a break from killstreaks, but the EMP only effects the opposing team and this imo is indeed ridiculous.

            • Re: Stop crying.

              timetokill360 wrote:

               

              shankupotomus wrote:

               

              It actually provides a nice break from all of the killstreaks.

              That is where I disagree. As a person who uses the specialist package almost exclusivly I'd welcome a break from killstreaks, but the EMP only effects the opposing team and this imo is indeed ridiculous.

              As I stated in the other thread, it would not be a benefit to your team if you destroyed all of their electronics as well as the enemies.  If this were the case then sentry guns, bettys, claymores, and such should also kill friendlies, as they do not discern friend from foe. 

              • Re: Stop crying.

                The EMP would still be capable of destroying enemy equipment and thus would be its benefit. The only thing that would change is the fact that people opting to use it would have to weight the tactical advantages and disadvantages. This imo is more inline with IW's promise to promote gun on gun gamplay and is far more favorable to the current EMP spam which plagues many games simply because the emp is so easily acquired and those using it can deploy it with  impunity.

                But again this is not the only solution a better more reasonable one would be to remove the EMPs lingering effects  in conjunction with having affect friendly electronics as well.

                • Re: Stop crying.

                  timetokill360 wrote:

                   

                  The EMP would still be capable of destroying enemy equipment and thus would be its benefit. The only thing that would change is the fact that people opting to use it would have to weight the tactical advantages and disadvantages. This imo is more inline with IW's promise to promote gun on gun gamplay and is far more favorable to the current EMP spam which plagues many games simply because the emp is so easily acquired and those using it can deploy it with  impunity.

                  But again this is not the only solution a better more reasonable one would be to remove the EMPs lingering effects  in conjunction with having affect friendly electronics as well.

                  I see your point.  I just have not noticed a huge issue with them.  Perhaps they could be harder to acquire.  Others equipment has no real affect on me since I use perks to combat them, aside from the occasional IMS and claymore.  Bettys don't work becasue I just duck and avoid.  I still have my retical as I have assasin pro.  So, EMPs by the enemy are of little issue.

        • Re: Stop crying.
          gallp13

          Hmmm

           

          Ridiculous=bad

           

          Therefore

           

          Not ridiculous=good

           

          Therefore this gamer concurs EMP is good and fine as is.

           

          Cheers

          • Re: Stop crying.

            So your opinion on the matter totally precludes the expression of any dissenting opinions I suppose.?

            • Re: Stop crying.
              gallp13

              Most welcome to your view...search gallp13 posts to get his attitude......once done then comment. Gallp13 respects all views but does not necessarily agree with all views

               

              Def forum ( Latin) public and free exchange of views.

            • Re: Stop crying.

              timetokill360 wrote:

               

              So your opinion on the matter totally precludes the expression of any dissenting opinions I suppose.?

              It is your opinion.  I just feel it is wrong and have listed reasons why I think it is wrong.

  • Re: Stop crying.
    xN3LSON

    Yeah because the problems you mentioned are high on the list as well.

     

    HC blows, IW & every decent player knows this. It's about time they fixed connection and ACTUALLY fixed the spawns.

    • Re: Stop crying.
      gallp13

      Now here a man who knows the priorities. Thank the maker.

       

      Lag and spawns let's get em sortid..

       

      And not distract IW with irrelevant second order piffle that is no issue to 90% of the community.

       

      Props to you Nelson for demonstrating focus on the core issues.

  • Re: Stop crying.
    obzi

    Recon Drones?  I can't remember anyone crying about my favourite toy.  Oh wait, maybe there was that one camper yesterday who I was buzzing around until I finally managed to tag him, I don't think he was happy.

    • Re: Stop crying.

      obzi wrote:

       

      Recon Drones?  I can't remember anyone crying about my favourite toy.  Oh wait, maybe there was that one camper yesterday who I was buzzing around until I finally managed to tag him, I don't think he was happy.

      I read a post that was complaining about recon drones.  They were complaining about the buzz and disorientation.  I thought it was a bit petty.