1 2 3 Previous Next 92 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2012 4:53 PM by trialstardragon RSS

AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

trialstardragon

I have seen posts before stating the the AK is weak in the game. I do not think that is true at all. I just went a game of ground war kill confirmed and went 26-6-16 with it. If it was so weak I should not have been able to do so well with it. And I did not even have red dot sight for it yet or anything, just me and the gun blazing away killing people. So to all the people that have said it was weak I call BS on them. It works very well if you understand it well enough. And yes I even could be the so called op guns with it too. So hmm.. not really a weak gun, just takes time to learn and get used too. Something I guess no one wants to do anymore and instead wants to think it should be a carbon copy of previous games AK and how it performed in them. Each game is a little different for a reason folkes. To get you the player to adapt and learn and not just rely on old skills to see you through each and every time you play.

• 1. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.
    fantasmo

Doing good with a gun doesn't make it crap. Nobody said it was weak, the problem is its slow RoF but has a high damage rating - like the CM901 and bad recoil. I can easily do well with the MP5 but that doesn't make it good. The Ak-47 is weak but not so bad that you will lose every gun fight.

• 2. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

The recoil plots say otherwise: http://www.mw3forum.com/showthread.php?

Not worth using this over the ACR that does the same damage, has a higher rate of fire and way less recoil.

• 3. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.
    trialstardragon

My point is if it is so weak and bad compared to other guns I should not have been able to do that well with it. It is far from weak. It just does not perform like the previous games versions do and that is why people complain about it being weak.

The problem is no one wants to learn or adapt to the guns in this game instead they think that if the gun is in the game it should be the same as the gun was in a past game. And that would be dull and boring.

• 4. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.
    trialstardragon

Strange.. when I was killing ACR players before they could kill me... hmm.. ACR is not better just easier to use. And easier to use does not always mean better.

• 5. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

trialstardragon wrote:

Strange.. when I was killing ACR players before they could kill me... hmm.. ACR is not better just easier to use. And easier to use does not always mean better.

Strange........ since when did a variable become evidence of balance?

• 6. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.
    fantasmo

Yup, people want to use easy mode guns. I use the MP5 because i've always used it and I get called a "try Hard" for using it, its my go to gun while most people use the ACR.

• 7. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.

LOL You think going 26-16 is "good", to me that's just average, nothing special.

makes me laught everytime someone says something like "I went 30-5 with X gun, that gun is OP"

ROLF, just cuz you do well with a gun doesn't make it OP or anything, same as if you go 5-29 with X gun doesn;t make it like the worst gun ever.

It's not the gun, IT IS YOU!!!

Now as for the topic, the AK is not really weak per say, but as some others have pointed, it is kinda crappier than in previous games.

• 8. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.
    trialstardragon

Because all variables must be taken into consideration when talking about balance in a game. Not just one or two ot three as so many players that like to rant about unbalanced guns in this game seem to do and think should be the only way.They like to use that site and its numbers to try and justify their complaints whne numerous people have proven it wrong.

• 9. Re: AK-47 weak? Do not think so at all.
    trialstardragon

Your right it is average but then agian I am just an average player too. I am am not a try hard like some try to be in the game. It is not much crappier, just takes time to get used to. something that so many players do not like doing. they want copy paste guns from previous games that require no additional learning to use them. Same with all the other guns in the game.

I agree with you that it is not the gun but how well the player uses it that makes the real difference but all these people here that complain about balance will argue otherwise. That the stats of the gun alone should tell the story of how well it is compared to another gun and that is all that matters and not the player and their ability to use the gun or counter those using it against them. the see that site and thing it tells all and is the be all of everything about the guns and refuse to see any other point as valid.

1 2 3 Previous Next