6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2012 6:33 AM by wikked75 RSS

INFECTED: To throw a knife or not to throw a knife?

mangofish78

I recently played in an Infected lobby in which the 'Infected had throwing knives.

Cool, I thought, makes a change from the usual Infected lobby's where the guy who knows all the supposed 'untouchable'  spots gets a ton of kills all on his own, plus M.O.A.B. after M.O.A.B., until the host decides its getting boring and ends the game.

I set one up myself earlier today with throwing knives on the infected, sometimes switching it up a bit and hooking up the poor beleagured infected with a riot shield too.

I ran this lobby for a good couple of hours, and at one point it was packed. I had people popping in and out for a hot minute.

Obviously I got a couple of people complaining about throwing knives on the infected, but, as you can guess, it was just the guys on their supposed 'untouchable' perch having a little whine cause they realised it was now harder to get that precious M.O.A.B.

My question is: To throw a knife or not to throw a knife???

I thik it makes the game a whole lot more interesting...

• Re: INFECTED: To throw a knife or not to throw a knife?

I think it's unfair, but I think the spots for camping are even more unfair, I've never hosted one but I've been in a lot of them, one of them the idea was throwing knives we're only to be used on campers, but of course people used them whenever anyways, so in my opinion how it should be is no throwing knife and if you're camping in one of those spots, I'm kicking you.

they should just make two playlist one with tknife one withj no knive listens *****

the TK is needed just because the game would never end when you get a group of people on the catwalk of dome how are you suppose to kill them without the TK.

the thing they should remove and could without any complaints is the lunge the infected seem to get. now thats annoying.

wikked75

although i completely disagree with you, and know for a fact that you don't need throwing knives to overtake anyone at any position, even the catwalk, i'm still ok with throwing knives, to a point. 

my problem with throwing knives is that people use them without even trying to kill anyone with the regular knife. they are ten feet away to a survivor on the ground, and they just chuck a throwing knife instead. that to me is complete garbage and is the norm. also, the people that chuck up a prayer from 50 yards away... and get the one hit kill... idiotic.

the only thing that the tk is "necessary" for is to keep those dudes from boosting where they have an infected buddy block a doorway for them. but you can easily report that, anyways.

you say that. but how? nearly 80% people go up there if you alternate between reloads it is virtualy impossible to get killed. shorting the game time, remove lunge, splitscreeners. and the the game type may be playable

wikked75

because they actually have to jump down to replenish before they can reload. and their reload time is slow enough to overtake. so if you are up to five infected, you ti inside the building underneath the catwalk, and you go up one after the other... then after a death or two, two guys go around to the other side... i've never NOT overtaken them on the catwalk. all it takes is persistance... and the willingness to take a few deaths.