31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2012 10:47 PM by Denfield RSS

Re release COD 4...

Enhance the graphics and re release the best COD game. It was the least cheap and the most balanced COD game. Trying so hard to balance the new CODs isnt working. The fact is having "quickdraw" in Mw3 may not seem unbalanced, but actually is unbalanced. COD 4 everyone was on a level playing field, no one had quickdraw. No portable radars, tactical insertions, assasin, or blind eye. everyone was equal. Stopping power was common but wasn't even needed. No stupid pro perks. Please re release the game.

• Re: Re release COD 4...

People will still cry.  It's the nature of the community.  If you want to play Cod 4 go play cod 4.

mjw3786

let me remind you of the cod4 whining points:

sniper+acog exploit

3 frags

juggernaut

martyrdom

fully-auto g13 + m14

i would deal with all of this just to play shipment, however love cod4 even with this stuff. every game has flaws. it was pretty amazing tho

3 Frags replaced your perk 1, juggernaut was countered by stopping power, martyrdom made a loud noise and took longer to blow up, fully auto guns are in MW3 and can be easily stopped but IW seems to endorse them.

COD4 was a much more balanced game.

digitalvillain

People still complained about Juggernaut even if they used stopping power, and grenades were extremely strong even without sonic boom. COD4 had its share of problems. Actually COD4 has the most problems that were never fixed even after MW3. Balanced? I doubt it I give that to BO, but that was because every gun felt exactly the same except for shotguns

kholland65

Took the words out of my mouth. But even still COD4 had way less problems than any of the other COD's. and most of those things listed I can live with. The only think I didn't like was the 3 frags. Having your spawn spammed with 10 nades at the start of a match wasn't fun.

I approve this thread as well as a COD4 remake.

I guess I'm a bit biased since I played COD4 on the PC but I don't remember 3xFrags being a problem. It's a whole different community.

kholland65

YMLG actually banned that perk amonst other things if that gives you any indication. Yeah it was royally abused for a while. People started to learn the trajectories really well and as soon as a match would start everyone would look to the sky and with pinpoint accuracy spam nades at the spawns and the nearby areas.

Again though, Nothing in COD 4 was really that gamebreaking like many of the issues in MW3.

Imurkybongwater

They don't even need to rerelease it as much as they just need to fix it.....I mean it is the Call of Duty that made the franchise what it is today.  Yet they cant put out a simple patch to fix the modding and hacks.  Yeah they really care about the community.  They make 1 Billion dollars in 16 days from MW3 and cant fix cod4 or even atleast make MW3 not suck.  Pathetic.

I have been playing cod4 for the last few days, and have not noticed any mods or hacks.  Most fun Iv'e had playing cod since w@w.  I think the simplicity of the game is the key.  Everyone has the same killstreaks, and most people play to win.  No one is trying to earn titles or emblems.

Imurkybongwater

They don't even need to rerelease it as much as they just need to fix it.....I mean it is the Call of Duty that made the franchise what it is today.  Yet they cant put out a simple patch to fix the modding and hacks.  Yeah they really care about the community.  They make 1 Billion dollars in 16 days from MW3 and cant fix cod4 or even atleast make MW3 not suck.  Pathetic.

You expect them to support a game that was released 4 years ago?  It's not like IW made cod 4 then stopped producing games.  They made 2 installments since then.  No game developers support old games after the new ones are released.

Just be happy the servers are still up.

I would say make a Modern warfare tradition game supporting only online play with the favorite maps and games. MW3s perks, MW2 killstreaks without stacking and the favorite guns from all of the games.

I played COD4 about 3 weeks ago just for fun. Every map we played on, someone glitched or did something to get under the map, on top of buildings whatever. And you still find that fun to play? I dont think anything ever changed in that game from release. Good single player game tho. Or maybe you're one of those people who does that and want that back in MW3.

IW never made you buy this game or any of the other titles. You bought it because its Call of Duty and I bet every dollar I ever make in my life, you will buy the next title.

See you on the NEW COD forums.

Your post is a big LOL. You expect them to work on and re release a 4 year old game, when they don't even want to put any effort on the turd they sh it out a few months ago?  

Tomnician

Re-release goldeneye, but don't make it better keep everything the same, just make it work on LIVE! I would buy that in a heartbeat.

cantcme

I am playing it now on XBOX and having a great time.  I never played it online before, so I figured I might as well earn a Prestige token.  There are a few hacked lobbies, but not nearly as bad as WAW.  Headquarters on Shipment is 10 minutes of complete chaos - great fun!

indy56

personally i just dont think cod 4 was anything special. i know its favoured by many. the single player mode was very good but the multiplayer just did not do it for me.

As much as I love CoD4, it is no where near as great as everyone makes it out to be.

Like every other CoD, it has it's ups and downs. What makes CoD4 stand out so much is nostalgia. It was the first CoD for so many of us that we just latched onto it and accepted its flaws.

Granted the maps were a lot better when compared to most of MW3s, but then again a pile of turd would make a better map than a lot of the MW3 maps.

COD 4 was fast paced exciting action, I say add some new stuff and better graphics but don't change the core fundamentals and we're good. And if you are skeptical go hop in a game with your friends, put on an SMG silenced, extreme conditioning, SP, and just drop shot the heck out of the quickscopers. So much fun

My memories of CoD4 are filled with lollipops and sunshine dust until I remember Frag Grenades...

Oh god the frag grenades...

gallp13

Like n bump from this gamer.

mischaelite

According to Treyarc the community does not want another CoD4.

http://mp1st.com/2011/12/08/you-think-you-want-a-cod4-remake-but-you-dont/

"Simply put, fans don’t always know exactly what they want. It’s the job of developers to figure out precisely what they are trying to express. Vonderhaar states".

Then again CoD4 is an IW title so Mr Voderhaar may have his reasons for saying what he says in these matters...

Ultimately if people want to play COD 4 they can put the COD 4 disc in their console and play all they want.  I don't really see the point in re-releasing it as they wouldn't be able to do all that much regarding buffing the graphics anyhow.  And heck I just looked and you can pick up a used copy at Gamestop now for $10.49.  I doubt many people are going to shell out 60 bucks for a re-release of a 5 year old game that has only very slightly improved graphics when they can just get the original for under 11 bucks.