14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2012 9:18 AM by bzzzkilla RSS

Is using a sniper and not quick scoping considered camping?

mb3nn377

I like using a sniper and is the only build i "camp" with. I get a few kills and move to a new location. So i'm wondering if this is considered camping or not?

• Re: Is using a sniper and not quick scoping considered camping?

Real snipers are supposed to camp in real life.

The way you are using the sniper rifle in this game is absolutely right (and not so easy).

Anyway, you will always find cry babies telling you're a camper everytime you'll kill them.

BTW, don't worry about people. Just have fun the way you like to.

You're not even a Qscoper, so i respect you even more, soldier.

edo_ missed a key piont about real sniping, which you mentioned "YOU MOVE positions"

real snipers do this.......after usually the 2nd-3rd shot, your spotted............you need to move cause usually they're start to move on you or have their own sniper take you out..........

good example (sniper) the movie....

also real snipers can semi-quick scope......... the thing is still a rifle....and if you get shot a normal rifle without scope, you can shoot a sniper rifle...err depending on which it is, obvoiusly barret 50 isn't normal lol

but another question do you move positions when you and your team is winning and the enemys get locked down somewhere else? if you camp and nobody is around you, then yes tahts camping....but if you move with your team in a defensive way, not camping.....

Yes and no,

Yes you're a camper if you do well even though you're using the correct playstyle for the weapon.

No you're not if you fail and go 3/18, no one cares and you're not a camper even though you stayed in one spot for more than 5 seconds using the correct playstyle for the weapon.

Hope that helps

I'm my book your doing as I do n actually sniping . I use the msr variable so 3-4 shots off then on to the next good line of site . I always r n g but real sniping is fun. I went 35 - 3 on seatown n was told id camped my way to 10th . Feck em all  . If rushing is the manly ying to campings yang. Then the same is true for snipers versus qs-ers

paul_uk-77

no its not camping  . thats how your meant to sniper

not run round maps with a 50 cal quickscoping

Camping is using assassin (so no one can see you) and sitting in the same spot watching for a random person to come by. It doesn't matter which weapon you're using, but if you're using assassin and a silenced weapon I have some bad news for you... You're a camper and I, without a doubt, will quickscope headshot you with my AS50 as final kill.

Anyways, I don't know why some of you move spots after firing a few shots. A good sniper should be able to maintain their locations (I have a few locations on each map) throughout the game. This is why quickscoping, secondary weapons or even equipment (portable radar or even bouncing betties and such are like) are important to a good sniper, because they're absolutely vital when enemies come into close range.

ghamorra

YES, you're a dirty camper who fails at life. If you don't quick scope you're a *****. Or so I'm told. honestly I don't care though. They bad mouth me all the time about my play style when I snipe. The second I got an MOAB from sniping and earned that awesome killcam my inbox was full of friend requests. Lesson here, everyone complains about something when you kill them, especially if you snipe them

Moon Head 92

Depends, but what else are you meant to do? The snipers aint meant to be close combat, so being on the move all the time is out of the question, Snipers are meant to give cover to allies, or stop enemies from using a certain pathway.

I remember a game of Domination, on seatown, my team had A and B, so i took the role of protecting A and the small road to B, with a sniper in the big house, anyways this one quickscoper constantly tried to get me everytime, whether by his terribly QS or "hardscoping" (god i hate that term)... and i just killed him everytime, then afterwards he sent me hatemail ... anyways OP, my point is what you're doing is right, and quickscopers are just simply easy headshots .

You're suppose to be camping when sniping, there's nothing wrong with that in any game mode. Now camping with an AR, LMG or SMG in a non objective game mode like TDM and Kill Confirmed is the type of camping people don't like. Defending an objective in Domination, Demolition, etc. I think it's expected and mostly accepted.

Moon Head 92

I don't see the problem with camping with an LMG, like snipers they're for covering fire, slow movement/aim and the fact you will lose to an SMG close range just proves this.

EDIT: Actually saying that, i have zero problem with campers in general, sure they're frustrating, but if someone is stupid enough to keep running at a camper, yer they deserve to die by said camper over and over again.

WiseguyFTL

If you're sitting in a building, a UAV is up and you see the enemy team is out of your reach, you can't possibly see them, and you still stay in that building, That would be camping. You should always be on the move without rushing, never getting too close to the enemy, and if you occasionally get close to an enemy, there's nothing wrong with qsing him. If you mostly want long range kills, my best tip is to run UAV as your killstreak, possibly even use UAV-Counter UAV and nothing else as your killstreaks, and then when you see a cluster of red dots moving into a certain direction, try to cut them off, find a good headglitch spot like a wall, and from there pick a few of them off. After you killed like 3-4 of them, some will try to flank you and they'll know you're there, so you'd better get out of there, find a better position, a cut-off spot trying to cut off their rush, and keep your distance from the red dots on the mini map while still being able to take them out. Not always easy, but if you keep sitting in buildings you give away your position pretty quickly and chances are you'll die after 3-4 kills. There's nothing wrong with scoping in for a long time if you see multiple enemy's and there's nothing wrong with QSing in emergency cases either. The one thing I hate about snipers, some of them run around using akimbo machine pistols while on the move.. Please, try to hit your shots, be confident with your shot, and when you miss your first shot you can always switch to your pistol, but please don't call yourself a sniper when you run around with secondaries all the time =) Sorry for the long post btw.

matuzz

Snipers snipe they don't camp.

Respect for you!

No. Snipers who stay in one position are sniping properly. The point of a sniper is to take out targets at long range whilst staying hidden. Which you obviously can't do if you're running around the map 'Quickscoping' like a noob.

you know what man, everyone (or at least most people) on this game seem to have some dire need to put poeple in a box. "your a camper" when really the problem is that they are just small minded pepole who can't stand to be killed by anyone. if you hold down a position your a camper if you just run around wildley shooting everything that moves your a rusher. i mean honestly, whatever happened to just playing a game and enjoying it? why do we feel the need to lable people. you can kill me but only in a way that i deem fit otherwise i will hurl abuse at you. in real life war there is a time and place for all of these styles. and as for quickscoping, i challange anyone out there to use a 50.cal in real life the way a quickscoper does in the game and be accurate. these are the people who ruin the game. yes it takes some skill and dedication to master but once you have done this i do not see where the skill is. you don't have to work your way around people. tactics and strategie don't have any part to play any more. guys just run around the map shooting you from a distance. if you watch a qs vid they don't even set thier shot up. just wait for the crosshairs to twitch and qs. very poor, its just an exploitation of a software loophole that can and should be patched.