39 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2012 2:48 PM by bzzzkilla RSS

QUICKSCOPING, skillfull play or just annoying?

thought i would start a thread about qs and see what everyone thinks.

imo qs takes a long time to master properly but once mastered i don't see where the skill is i just find them annoying. what do you think???

• Re: QUICKSCOPING, skillfull play or just annoying?

Why start this thread? You're going to start another flame war. Quickscoping is not skillful, it's using a sniper rifle wrong. And it makes COD look like a bad game.

started this thread cuz i wanted to know what everyone thinks about the issue. personally i hate them and think iw should patch it

QS takes more skill than running around with an SMG or AR, fact. You just don't like getting killed by it, and since you're god of everything, anyone who kills you must be using something nooby.

How does QS make the game look bad? Thousands of people love it. Top snipers get millions of views on their videos. I use all guns in the game so you can't really call me a fanboy. I've been NS'd through a wall one off a moab so I know it's annoying to die by. It's just a game though and I get over it, btw there is no right or wrong one to use a gun in a video game, there is no 'honour' or any of that crap either. ITS A VIDEO GAME.

Hawk192

Quickscoping is cheating, and i report it every time i see it. It has no business in the game and Rober Bowling is a lying piece of Sh#T by saying it wont be in the game. Cant wait till black ops 2 removes it completely.

Are these threads annoying?

a)yes

b)yes

I only have one short thing to say.

AS50, Kick, Extended magazines, Sleight of hand, Quickdraw, Steady Aim and an MP9 with Extended magazines.

I'll see you on the dance floor.

scotland-rules

While I think b-ops made sniping horrible after a few patches it was good and stopped quickscoping to a degree but made sniping more than good. with a lot of tweaking

Also I think that if they did tweak the sniping to make it so no quickscoping could be allowed but acidently muck sniping up in the process you would be on here complaing so either you live with QS with good sniping avaible or have it tweaked by various patches and live with the fact it could be a long time before they find the balance between the too to eliminate both.

dstr001

Black Ops quickscoping is "skillful" if you can call it that, but in MW3 any idiot can pick up a sniper and start quickscoping with it.

Take quickdraw off of snipers in MW3 then I will consider it a bit less to do with luck and more to do with "skill" again if you can call it that.

WiseguyFTL

I think it's both. It's annoying to get quickscoped, but snipers have to deal with stuff Automatic gun users don't have to deal with. Snipers can't prefire around corners, their hipfire is weak and if it hits it's pure luck, if they miss the first shot (especially with the bolt actions) they're usually dead, they can't see their mini map while ADSing, they have to deal with hitmarkers etc. If someone goes 30-2 in a free for all sniping only, you can't say he doesnt have skill. If someone quickscopes you twice in a match while you're 1 away from a killstreak, and the guy has a score of 10-15, it's annoying and the guy sucks. I compare it to the camping discussion, someone sitting in a random corner not even near an objective is a filthy camper, a k/d whore, while someone who positions himself properly near an objective is an objective player. (No I don't camp, and no I'm not a quickscoper, I only have like 500 kills with all snipers combined, I have more kills with the aa-12 =P)

if you think that qs is annoying you try to find a way to balance a 1 shot weapon in a hallway with the fmg9's. if you can find a different solution to make a sniper rifle more competive on the type of maps that iw puts into the mw games by all means introduce them. if your going to make a sniper have to ads on these maps they arent going to move qs allows the snipers to get their asses out of the corners and allows them to play objectives at the same time.

yeah, but what about the guys who just have their sensitivity maxed and just spin around qs everything that moves man its just stupid and ruins the game for everyone who doesn't have 10 hours a day to sit practicing.

then what you do is press start go down to leave lobby and join a new game. you dont have to deal with it.but you cannot fault someone for getting good at something it was their choice to perfect it. but you dont have to deal with it if you dont want to. this isnt mgo where if you leave to many games in an hour you get locked out and demoted

you are going to get into lobbies where you are playing against people who are better then you. you have the choice of stepping your game up and learning how to get better so you can compete with them or leaving games until you get a lobby of christmas noobs.

that is like saying parties of lvl 10 prestige people with kd's over 5 cant join eachother because they are to good at the game and will make other people feel bad about their skills. no if you take the time to become good at something then you shouldnt be punished by your bread and butter being nerfed.

i have no objection to someone being "better" than me my friend but quickscopers aren't "better" at the game then me they are just better at exploiting a loophole in the software than me. if you were to make them play with any other set of weapons/perks against me we would see. my game encompasses the whole, not just one tiny obssesive part of it

i think is to to eazy to do cause even i can use it. i even got a moab as and i just stated. do i think it hurts the game a lil yea, but its fun. The game has a lot of other good things in it so i can put up whit it.

scotland-rules

Can I add that while the other person who said QS gives snipers an advantage when playing small maps I think you are correct, but why snipe on a small map? there are sniping maps and non sniping maps?

Also It is unfair to players who play the game for a laugh and are not serious you usually find QS to be people who have spent 50+ hours on the game and are 10th prestige or whatever. Blackops had it correct in the end

Not Skillful, Major Display On Lack Of Skill Actually. Cause It Looks Like You Can't Shoot A Gun Properly So You Have To Have The Game Do It For You.

And Becoming 'Good' At QuickScoping.... How Can You Become Good At Exploiting The Games Aim-ASSIST...

Sure It Works, You Get Kills If You Know How To Do It... But You Also Look Like An Idiot To Every One But Other Quickscopers...

Get Some Real Skills.

WiseguyFTL

Seriously, can you explain to me how Aim assist works? I'm really curious now, because while reading your post I realized you have no idea how aim assist works.

You can't explain it? Ok then, I'll do it. Aim assist slows down your sensitivity while aiming at an enemy, making it easier to stay on target and preventing you from overshooting your shots. In no way it turns a miss into a hit.

If you're going to say: Well yeah, in killcams it always shows it as a miss.. wrong again! That's just Theatre / killcam lag. I've had some final killcams with snipers which showed as complete misses, while I was 100% sure I had hit the guy and I did. It's just the killcam being a troll. And yes it does take time to become a good sniper, give a noob a sniper and tell him to quickscope, he will miss 95% of his shots. To be good and to hit 9 out of every 10 shots does take skill and practise. To win matches while sniping does take skill and practise. Snipers also can't prefire around corners, they can't pray & spray, if they miss their first shot they're usually dead and they have to deal with hitmarkers... It definitely takes more skill than spraying with smg's or using no-recoil assault rifles...

First off I'd like to say that thisguygotcha is an absolute idiot (idiot's literal meaning is "willingly ignorant" so I am not using it as an insult here) who does not see the truth behind this.

Quickscoping...well, I like quickscoping, it is a fun little thing you might do occasionally with your friends that adds an interesting spin on long range weapons. But what I HATE, heck, what I down right DESPISE is quick"scopers". You know who I'm talking about, those people that join game lobbies and right off the back start firing off insults at other players, you know what I'm talking about? The problem with quickscopers is that they have taken Call of Duty to the level of a sport, and all things that come with a sport, including: Trash talk, insults, foul language etc. They have taken what is a perfectly good game and spoiled it with their competitiveness. Heck, forget all of the small problems of Call of Duty; the occasionally overpowered weapons, the lag issues, EVERYTHING! Forget it all! Quickscopers are what truly add poison to this wonderful game.

they should just take out QSing for snipers in matchs (NOT private) because that is 100% unrealistic and when some guys is spraying u up close with the .50 cal its hard to win with a assult rifle.

It is impossible to take quickscoping out for matches and still allow it to be used in private matches.

quickscoping is skill but also sometimes a bit of luck.

ask yourself what takes more skill using a sniper or a fullautomatic.

if you still think it doesnt take skill then your a morron.

firstly, calling people names isn't what this is about. secondly if you had read the post yuo would have seen that i said it takes some skill to master but then what. where is the gameplay? yuo just find a spot with good sight lines and qs every one that moves. where are the tactics in that? it's hardly what you would call strategic play now is it? and i don't agree that it takes more skill to use a sniper over an assault rifle. it very much depends on what you are doing with it. yes assault is better close in, but what about those who pick you off at a distance without a telescopic sight and whilst dealing with considerable kick/accuracy issues?