20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2012 11:52 PM by jwaller123 RSS

Brace Yourself

So has anyone noticed that the quality of game has gone down?

I swear last week games were much better, with one or two people having a 3-bar connection.

Now, almost every game I get into has at least 6 people with 3-bar connections.

The lag has gotten really bad.

Multiple people agreed with me in my last thread that talked about random rubber band lagging, so I'm pretty confident it's not my connection.

Has anyone elses games been crap?

Also, why are people with three bars able to join a game/play in it?

Frankly, they should be kicked. They're a nuicence. Is it so hard to get decent-quality connections?

• Re: Brace Yourself
    elite_force1uk

yes its got worse!

You're suggesting that three bars not be allowed to play?

Real smart there.

elite_force1uk

3 bars is a fair connection (especially if your wireless)

i remember 1 bar players used to ruin the game on black ops

I'm wireless and I always have 4 bars.

If I don't the game is unplayable and I quit and move on.

and from personal experience, people with three bars ususally always end up killing me when I'm behind cover (but not to them), killing me in an insainly short amount of time, etc.

I've also had players who've had 3 bars and were prefectly fine.

I guess you could compare it to Middle class America.

No, I'm saying if your connection quality doesn't match that of the other players to the point where it gives you an unfair advantage, then yes, It shouldn't allow you to play.

So missing, hop off. Your acting like a chick on her period.

Also, why are people with three bars able to join a game/play in it?

I'm saying if your connection quality doesn't match that of the other players to the point where it gives you an unfair advantage, then yes, It shouldn't allow you to play.

I don't see the similarity.

So what you're saying is that If I am in a party with a group of friends and they are located all around the country that we shouldn't be allowed to play together?

We have guys from cali to canada down to georgia.  We usually have 3 players on 4 bars and 3 on 3 bars.  So by your rule only 3 of us should be able to play together at a time?

Obiously OP does not play with a party at all......

I really don't.

I don't usually add people to my friends list I don't know IRL. Not because I'm pariniod, but because I enjoy playing with friends, not strangers.

With that said, most of my friends play Fable, Dark Souls, BF3, etc. Not too much COD.

gallp13

Sounds like the 3arc game search options should be implemented. This gamer would strongly support that idea as it puts the search algorithm parameters in the hands of each player. Problem solved? Thoughts?

As in COD:3 game search?

Yes Please.

I hate not being able to pick my map.
      You could also see the connection quality, which would be great to see before jumping into a game.

gallp13

Didn't play cod 3 but if it had these features it sounds ideal. Will take pressure of lag algorithm providing Community with tools to meet there own gaming preferences. Lag for me is ok most of the day and crap when traffic peaks. As USA comes on line. I used to stick local during peak times on BO and things worked fine. It's beyond me why IW just don't implement this change.

Now a petition on this matter and tweet to

Ghandi

ATVImike

And CEOs of Vivendi and Activision Blizzard cc CEOs IW BH may get attention.

Thoughts

But hey, If you guys could hop off the smallest part of my post and give some actual feedback to the other 90% of my post...

I wouldn't necessarly blame the people.  Sometimes the host just blows.  You can have horrible internet but play with an ethernet cable, and you will have host alot, and everyone will 1 bar.

Yeah, but I never get the one bar effect.

Most of the time if I experience hurtful lag, its because the other team has 3 bars, which led me to believe that if 3 bars were removed, leaving only a 4-bar'd game, then the game would be better.

vims1990

You can't blame 3 bar players, it isn't their fault.

For instance, I'm from New Zealand & let's say the matchmaking system places our clan in a 3 bar Australian lobby or vice-versa, Australian players are 3 barring in our lobbies....can't really do much about it.

Connectivity is a hit & miss in MW3. You don't really know what type of game you're going to get whether you're 3 or 4 barring.

You could be 4 barring and have the best game of your life & next game (the host changes) & suddenly your aim is off & you feel like you're behind in what's happening on your screen vs. whats happening on your oppositions screen. Same goes with 3 barring.

Kicking them would be unfair to that player considering they paid the same as you to play MW3.

Don't get me wrong, connectivity is pretty horrid in MW3 but kicking them isn't the solution

vims1990 wrote:

You can't blame 3 bar players, it isn't their fault.

You can take this a step further and just say you can't judge anything based on how many bars anybody has anyhow.  I have a high bandwidth connection with great ping times based on any given distance.  I'm still sometimes 3 bars.  When I'm host, some people are usually 3 bars.  On top of that I've been in games where -everyone- in the game was 3 bars.  So I'm not sure what people are trying to determine by the number of bars any given player has when it tells you nothing about a players connection.  And just because everybody has 3 bars doesn't mean the host has a bad internet connection, it just means that one or more people in the lobby do not have a great connection to the host and the lag compensation is kicking in.

jwaller123

I run wireless with a 3 or 4 bar connection and my games are just fine. I haven't seen a decrease in game play at all.