2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2012 6:56 PM by s0larus RSS

Error During Initialization ?

Hey everyone, please bare with me as I am coming from COD United Offensive!

I just got MW3 and installed it and all that including the Steam (Hope that was a good idea) and when I tried to play multi-player it gives me the following error while trying to load the multi-player

Video card or driver doesnt support UBYTE4N Vertex data

Can anyone point me in the correct direction that I need to take to resolve this please?

Thanks everyone and cannot wait till I can play this.

• Re: Error During Initialization ?

Done a little research and seems like I may need a better video card

Some specs are as follows:

Dell Inspiron Desktop 530

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.2 ghz

1 gig ram

As far as video card I am pretty sure its a integrated one, when I looked in system devices it said "Legacy Video Capture Device" but no specs, if someone can tell me how to find the specs of it I will for you and post it.

I also went on Dells website and put my product code in and looked up video and it said this

"

Display AdaptersIntel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 128Mb

"

If I need a new card, what's a decent one to get for a good price? I looked and there's so many out there its confusing me!

Thanks again

• Re: Error During Initialization ?

Yes your card is the "128mb nVidia Geforce 8300GS".

As far as I can see from the Foxconn website for the motherboard (which is a G33M02 fyi), you can get a GFX-card that supports PCIe x16...which is basically any card. Based of this forum post on Tom's Hardware I will also suggest either the HD5770 or one of the GTX460. Those are two are some great cards compared to mine and mine already hits 90fps. Granted I do have a quad-core and 8Gb of ram.

side-note: It wouldn't hurt to upgrade your ram too ^^ call dell and have them get specific details about what can be fitted in there and then buy your own (or post again here).