24 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2012 7:42 AM by [electric_feel] RSS

Different Idea For A Model Buff

Everyone always says that the Model needs a damage buff or something, but I don't think that's the real problem with it. If you've played Spec Ops, then you'd noticed that when you shoot, you cock the lever with enough speed to get another shot off, but in online, you cock the lever so slow that it's almost a guaranteed death if you didn't kill the guy with one shot. So maybe just increase the speed that you cock the lever, so that you actually have a chance to get a second shot off. Good idea?

• Re: Different Idea For A Model Buff

Becomes 2nd coming of the Striker -> Everyone complains

It'd be easier and more realistic if they just made it a better OSK weapon.

Model is fine, I got a MOAB with it today on Lockdown.

The model doesn't need a buff at all if you missed your first shot just drop shot them if they see you if you're behind it's already to late for them. And normally in a Dom game I'm able to get two emp's and close to get my third one with about 12 or less deaths average. And the speed? Idk maybe I'm doing a reload cancel model style cause I can normally kill 3-5 enemy's in cqc before one of them can get me.

Aero_Stryker wrote:

Everyone always says that the Model needs a damage buff or something, but I don't think that's the real problem with it. If you've played Spec Ops, then you'd noticed that when you shoot, you cock the lever with enough speed to get another shot off, but in online, you cock the lever so slow that it's almost a guaranteed death if you didn't kill the guy with one shot. So maybe just increase the speed that you cock the lever, so that you actually have a chance to get a second shot off. Good idea?

I agree, the cock should be a bit faster in multiplayer.

JEadz

not neccesarily true trust me! lol

I've had point blank hit markers in the back and before i can shoot again they've spubn around hip firing and I've died.

The model is fine.....when its a very good connection, but when its average or worse thats when the retarded hit markers come in.

it was quite late and I was playing Deathmatch on Village and I was rocking with my model (yeah i'm a crazy motherfucker ) but we started the game and it was kicked arse, not a single hit marker, one shot kils left right and center, after my 10th kill (the game was only gonig for about 2 mins or so at this point) it migrated the host (4 of us were on 4 bar, the rest on 3 bar, so i assume the rest were American players due to the time) and after the migration, myself and the other 3 plays originally on 4-bar were now on 3-bar occasiobnally 2-bar and my model went to hell, hit markers Constantly! one took 3 shots from about 15 feet away :S, so I was forced to change to my mp7.

and to the person that said "just drop shot, if you get a hit marker" that will seriously not work unless your again a very sucky player or anyone with akimbo FMG9s lol

I don't like your solution because if your happy with killing people in 2 shots, you may aswell use the Stryker or USAS.

I think they need to make it almost a guranteed kill at close range like 10 feet, cause connection ***** model spaz and ksg up way more than any other gun

It always works for me drop shotting... Oh well and one shot two shots I'm ok with those two cause I can pull of two shots anyways idk if I'm canceling the animation or something cause the speed is just fine for me.

I will never drop shot, ever. I have the Model, AA-12, Striker, and USAS gold, and the Model tooke the longest out of those shotguns to get gold. Why? Because sometimes I would go negative with it, and other times i'd be close to a M.O.A.B. with it, but mostly negative. I almost said screw it and didn't get it gold. If I miss with the other shotguns, I at least have time to get one more shot off that would decide if I win the battle or not. The Model deserves that same ability.

the model 1887 is a good shottie. i ran with teh AA-12 for awhile and enjoyed the rapid fire bucking i laid into people. the range made me change up my game though

i tried the model out and i have to say i prefer it because it has a longer range then the AA-12. firing rate is slower so i won't be able to run around and spray a room full of campers.

the classiness of the 1887 more then makes up for the lack of firing rate.

i'm rounding up my 3rd prestige and moving to the 4th and i'm glad i discovered the potential of the shotties. i only used smgs and assault rifles for the first 2 prestiges. using shotties makes the game more fun for me and adds a definite satisfaction to my kills.

Yeah that's the idea everyone has come up with on the forums I am a part of.  Like a "Rapid Fire" of sorts that allows the action speed to be increased.  I personally believe that would make for a great attachment.  The devs were extremely lazy with the model, they didn't allow it to have any type of attachment AND left the attachments proficiency in there.

Brick2urFace

The model has 2 problems with it that if solved turn it into a valuable weapon. 

1.  The spread on the 1887 is 20% larger than the spas 12.  With the 1887 only firing 8 pellets instead of 12 with the extended mags spas the larger hip spread doesn't get the pellet coverage it needs.  If they tightened the 1887 down to the spas standard it would massively help the 1887's reliability.

2.  Close range damage is the worst out of all pumps.  The 1887requires 37.5% of its pellets to kill up close as opposed to 33%(ksg)  and 25%(spas).  The 1887 has the fastest damage drop also, its damage starts to drop at 300 inches as opposed to 400 inches with the spas/ksg. 

Solution:  The 1887 with the damage proficiency should do 50-28 damage.  This only improves the 1887's performance for the first 25 ft.  After 25 ft. it would behave exactly the same requiring 3 pellets past 25 ft. and 4 pellets at range.  This gets rid of the wtf moments the 1887 can produce up close.  Also the 1887 should have its spread tightened to the same as the spas' or a little tighter to lessen its reliance on steady aim.

mickilla

Because its spread is wide, even well-aimed shots can't be trusted to be lethal as much as we'd all like. Answer is then very simple- make its hip spread tighter.

Honestly I don't think any of the shotguns should be dependent on the extended mags glitch. I'd like to see all of them get 8 pellets per shot, and the damage of each of these reflect the fire rate of the shotgun in question.

As an aside, remember the ranger shotgun from MW2? It dealt 75 damage with each pellet. Just one shot could take out someone with painkiller. It wouldn't be too alien a thought if the pump-actions all had damage as ridiculously-high as this at point blank, and just had it taper down to appropriately low levels over distance.

Net effect, in very close combat a pump-action shotgun would only need to graze the target to potentially land an instakill. The risk of that slow fire rate may finally pay off.

yadamus

The problem I have with the model is that it is so unpredictable at times. You can pull off quite a long distance shot but then get hit markers at close range. But you can still go on the odd rampage every so often.

I'm sure that when i level it up to damage or range, it will be a pretty beast gun.

JEadz

on my vault I have a video from just one game where I get some hit markers, some possible warrented, some defintiely not,.

one of the clips I shot the guy in the face! it can't have gone anywhere else, I slowed it down, I thought that possibly it didn't actually hit on the other guy, but sure enough when I watch the killcam he goes bright red, and he insta-kills me by hip firing his silence ak47 in my feet, I mean wtf.

and it was on the stairs near B flag on underground, so he can't have really moved to th left or right, so I can't understand why it was a hit marker.

But then again this **** isn't uncommon.

oh and my model is 31 w/ dmg profficiency

Brick2urFace

IW messed up shotguns pretty bad in this game.  The 1887 with damage still isn't as good as the regular mw2  spas.  The base mw2 spas had a tighter hip spread, longer 3 pellet kill range, a larger clip, 4 ft. more range, and attachments.  When a secondary from a previous title is soundly better than a max level primary from the current title, when every other category has several guns in it that are just as powerfull as before, someone done goofed.