21 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 6:10 PM by batmanCOD RSS

Why am I ALWAYS host???

tch Hydra

It's getting on my nerves! I decided I would keep track of it for about 3 hours. Out of all the matches, only 2 weren't hosted by me. But after the migration, I was host once again.

I absolutely hate it getting this much lag compensate. I barely ever win a 1v1(eventhough I'm a former high smg...), and the enemy always gets off bullets before me. Also I'm dying alot of people hitting places where I was like 0.5 secs ago :S

What the FFFF do I need to do? Download while playing???

I'm getting sick of this!

• Re: Why am I ALWAYS host???

Now it sucks to be the host. I wonder what's next.

midago73

Yes i agree it does suck to host a game when it's on terms that you don't choose, settings can't be adjusted people who swear and abuse and hack and cheat and there is nothing you can do but quit out and let the innocent players play on a lag fest with the hackers and cheats and abusive players..

wierd worlds are these

I am the same in that I host nearly all the games I play but sometimes I am not, and I never suffer the problem's that people mention about when they are host.

I normally get thanked as well when I cheater comes in the game and I am the host because they get kicked or they are just using Akimbo and nothing else.

MW3SA FTW although it may get me banned eventually I am not sure but, until it happens or doesn't happen I will continure to use it.

I really don't agree with what your doing. You have a cheaters mentality. "I'll use this tool that is not part of the game and if I get banned I'll just create another account and use it again" Your taking advantage of the game and how others like to play it having the game cater to what works well for you.

If I decide to use a sniper rifle and kick every player using akimbo so I can rock with my sniper that's cheating in case you didn't know.

Another point is that this program can easily be abused. Do you think it would  be a good thing if everyone used this program to kick who ever they want?  That's what your promoting.

Iv'e already experienced this tool in servers. Maybe it was you saying "No Rockets! Last Warning!" because some noob with a rocket blasted you in the face 3 times in a row? This tool is not the answer.

afflictedmed

I completely disagree.  If someone is hacking at least this gives you control.  The tool doesn't change the game in any way.  It controls who is allowed to connect to your router and who is not.  I use it against hackers and people with very bad pings.  Guess what, just like a well moderated server, people stick around because we have nice hack free and lag free games.

From my experience this tool is mainly used for (clearing out the server of any weapons the user doesn't like) so he can have a better or different experience than me. This is cheating.

Well...The game is being hosted on their computer. They paid for it, so they can ban who they want. This is just another example of how P2P and enforced rules for ranking is a complete fail for PC. Best to go back to regular ranked dedi servers and be done with it IW.

LetTheWookieeWin wrote:

Well...The game is being hosted on their computer. They paid for it, so they can ban who they want. This is just another example of how P2P and enforced rules for ranking is a complete fail for PC. Best to go back to regular ranked dedi servers and be done with it IW.

exactly! what he said ^

Buy yourself a router that allows you to do QOS. I limit my upload speed to 250k as when I'm host the game is unplayable.

I have a Netgear that allows me to limit upload speeds

I'm always picked to, I can tell whenever I'm unable to kill anyone I  leave the server and I get the the picking new host text  confirming that I was hosting.

tch Hydra

Still being host 24/7..... If I try to download something I'm only getting stuttering gameplay, and if I don't I'm host 24/7 and need to play extremely agressive to make a desperate attempt on getting the first few shots off.

It's still ruining my game >.>

I hate host disadvantage so much, it's bullshit to have a good connection but be held back on purpose by the game itself.  I've seen it where on my screen the other player fired before he had even turned the corner.

i have the same issue bud. its either your location or your most compatible for everyone in the lobby to link with. it works pretty well if your connection is changed to moderate but that restricts alot of matching making. not much you can do sorry to say.

ever tried turning off the theather recording?

I tried turning off theater recording, and I can't tell any significant difference. But I suppose it would depend on your CPU speed maybe. I have a question... does Lag Compensation even work or engage on dedi servers?

I am fairly certain Lag Comp does still operate in Dedicated servers, just without the use of a host disadvantage since hosting is handled by the dedicated server. I'm willing to bet Lag Comp in this scenario (dedicated servers) actually functions pretty well - "as intended", if you will.

batmanCOD wrote:

I tried turning off theater recording, and I can't tell any significant difference. But I suppose it would depend on your CPU speed maybe. I have a question... does Lag Compensation even work or engage on dedi servers?

you know b@man: I wouldn't even know; the server cfg is such gibberish (purposely I am sure.) I tried to give SH the benefit of doubt, paul: until I saw they worked on OpenWarfare2; so i know they do understand the Quake engine. as I suspected all along; you don't become game designer, without studying earlier game engines. but that's a whole other discussion)

but back to topic.

common commands like:

sv_maxping "xxx" (180 will keep it on you're side of the pound )

or

g_antilag "0"

either or both of those command alone, would discourage pound hops.

but they don't exist in this game, or aren't accessible; along with hundreds more.

hell i can't even get spawntime "-1" (instant respawn) to work in HC stuck with a 10 minimum. (i would prefer 7.5 for CTF. DEMO, and none for DOM (and no: I don't want it listed as softcore)

or lose the stupid a$$ kill sign in CTF; WTF is that?

from what i've seen on the server; i would say it IS active, and completly out of my control.

I really hate to kick the poor saps (I'm sure they don't have many choices) but if more then three 2 bar player, are in the server at once, I have to, for the sake of the rest of the server.

Interesting. I must be near the maximum. My game sayd 153ms, I think. It usually is ok for me, but sometimes it shows with certain players in head to head engagements, where I'll be shooting, but in the killcam I never shot;) The 10 second spawn is kinda frustrating, but it's apparently wired into the game...