23 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2012 9:55 AM by sweatyclam RSS

Call Of Duty 3

sweatyclam

Had a quick go on COD 3 tonight, not many games available on it anymore, but my God, it's good to remember what a COD game should be.

Found a game with a 5 star connection and it played great, spot on hitmarkers and the best bit - WAR, if you've played it you know what I'm talking about!

Like MW3 this game was rushed and considered by many too be rubbish, but compared to MW3, well it plays better, it's just as smooth, but it does lack lots of the features.

But then, it's 6 years old and it has better connectivity even when there are only a handful of players......

• Re: Call Of Duty 3

i still venture on it now and again the thing that amazes me is that it can hold 24 players with hardlys any lag in war yet they havent been able to do the same since in groundwar with only 18 players

Perry1188

Oh god how I hated that game. I still think it is the worst in the series, I played 2 years of Call of Duty 2 until the best game of all time came out. But agreed I never noticed lag as an issue in COD2 either and that was some of the most fun I have had in the series.

pj600r

I met some very good players on COD3 and stayed friends with a lot of them.

We used to play FFA on Fuel Plant every night over and over, we all had mics and if someone killed you with a good shot most of us would comment on it in a positive manner, could you imagine that happening now!

We all used bolt action rifles or the Garrand so it was quite even for everybody.

I miss the simplicity of that game.

Perry1188

The M1 Garand was indeed my favorite gun in Call of Duty 2 as well. Was so disappointed in the future games versions of it.

And the simplicity of those games was great. It is because of how I miss the old games that I still venture into the Barebones playlist once in awhile. I don't recall on Call of Duty 3 but I know in Call of Duty 2 stats were not recorded and kept for your career, and I think that is one of the biggest reasons for the different attitude of the players.

It is actually terrible how the addition of the Career stats (specifically K/D ratio) has affected not only the gameplay but the gamers themselves. If only we could rewind the clock on that one hey.

COD:3 had a ranked and social playlist.

In Social, stats were not recorded and you could pick your game.

In Ranked everything (excluding game type) was picked for you.

I loved Call of Duty United Offensive, Call of Duty 2 and 3.

I venture onto these game's now and again, it brings back so many memories!

Carentan and Tourjane are a couple of my all time fav maps.

sweatyclam

Never played united offensive, but I am going to have a go on COD 2 tonight for some old skool COD action, it was good to see that COD 3 is still playable, although you may have to wait a bit to find a game.

Looking forward to 2, I expect there to be still some interest!

vims1990

Can't find a locale match on both COD4 & WAW so I'm most likely not going to find anything locale if I purchased COD3 as I'm from New Zealand.

I didn't play COD3 but I do miss some of the gun on gun gameplay back in the COD1/COD2 days where no killstreaks or stats existed.

Yes, I tried to play barebones on MW3 but can't even find a match

sweatyclam

Well, there were a few one star games so they must be a long way from me, probably nearer you, but there wasn't many.

Shame really, the simplicity is nice, stat whoring is pointless and War gamemode (hope your're listening Treyarch)!

COD2 tonight and I'm getting excited, hope I can find some games.

Couldn't believe how much I had forgotten about it and when I shoot there is recoil and immediate hit detection.

What has happened to COD's connection?

sweatyclam wrote:

Had a quick go on COD 3 tonight, not many games available on it anymore, but my God, it's good to remember what a COD game should be.

Found a game with a 5 star connection and it played great, spot on hitmarkers and the best bit - WAR, if you've played it you know what I'm talking about!

Like MW3 this game was rushed and considered by many too be rubbish, but compared to MW3, well it plays better, it's just as smooth, but it does lack lots of the features.

But then, it's 6 years old and it has better connectivity even when there are only a handful of players......

MMMMM, COD old school FTW...

SalemInChains

I loved COD3. I actually went out and picked it up last year after I was disappointed in BO. The best time to find games is during the day here in teh US. COD3 still has a huge Euro following.

Out of all the CODs Ive played, COD3 had the best map packs. Back when 5 HUGE and well done maps were 400 MSP.

Ironclad is still one of the best COD maps Ive ever played on.

Moon Head 92

Never played the 1st 3 cod's, my 1st was mw2 but then i started to get into cod4 and waw around black ops time, but i have seen some mp videos and it does look a beauty, even if i couldn't find any mp matches, it'd just be for the campaign. I'd play waw but last i heard it was completely overun

matuzz

No PC version of the game...

Such a failure.

Call of Duty UO/Call of Duty 2 is the best and Call of Duty has the best Singleplayer.

sweatyclam

Could only get into a game with 4 players tonight, not idea, a bit slow, but I have a taste for it now and it still looks quite good and plays well, kept trying to sprint.

We need more players........

CoD 3 > any other CoD.

weird-guy

I thought CoD3 was quite good. Haven't played it in a long time, but I would play it when I felt like playing multiplayer without worrying about stats.

sweatyclam

It is possible to get some full games still and stats are OP, I'v had so much more fun since I stopped letting them rule my game.

And have hopefully decreased my chances of a stomach ulcer and a heart attack at the same time!

TL_Bare_B_V2

CoD 3 is by far the best in the series and it's the only one I keep going back to, there's still nothing better then getting a few friends together, jumping in a jeep and setting off to go grab a flag or holding X to mantle a tank and throwing a grenade inside. It's a shame no one plays Champs I consider that to be the greatest map from any CoD and best of all it was a free addition.

You can still get a game on CoD2 but they end up being 1v1 and then they leave if you start owning them.

sweatyclam

To play now, from my experences this week it has to be COD 3 just because there are more playing it.

COD 2 was awesome, but now unplayable for the reasons you have said!

Had to learn how to aim again, these modern COD's have so much assistance it's unreal...