1 2 3 4 Previous Next 111 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 2:47 PM by Kyuketsu38 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...
    rankismet

Dougernaut wrote:

cheaters and modders are nothing more than cotton-headed ninny-muggins'

Elf FTW!

• 11. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...
    trialstardragon

Though what you say may have some merit Ran, it will changle little in the mind of the cheater or glitcher that only plays the game for fun and does not take it serious. Glichers/hackers/modders/cheaters only play for fun. They do not care about being legitmate on anything. There is a whole culture out there that does nothing but search for gltiches for to them that is what is fun about playing the game. Not playing within the limitations of the game but finding ways to break those limitations.

No matter how many people rant about them they will never change or go away. And no matter what developers do to combat them they will always exist until developers make 100% Gold games with no bugs, glitches, easter eggs to be found in them at lauch.

Even an easter egg is bad for games because you have to find ways to find them and get to them that are outside of the normal way of doing things. This drives players to try and learn other things that can be done within the game too such as finding gltiches that make the game fun and intersting for them.

• 12. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...
    yovlud

I did the prestige glitch for one reason...I knew that IW, looking at their past, wouldn't ban or even bother with any kind of punishment.  When I got my ban and stat reset...I was actually very happy.  I have said before, I applaud them for actually policing their game!  So even though some still are out there, most have been punished.

• 13. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

redline70689 wrote:

This game could be infinitely better if people chose to be honest and not exploit every little thing they could find.

which is exactly why in-house testing is never enough... when the studio plays amongst itself, none of them are looking for exploits the way these kids will...

a public beta would have caught all these glitches... and the imbalances and beefs with the maps or spawns..

• 14. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...
    opb81

Well, put, to be honest none of it has really bugged me until the latest damage glitch, I have played very little in the last few days since it has taken off. The prestige token didnt get me all that much because at least they were just unlocking items that were designed to be unlocked anyways. This damage thing has take quite a bit of fun away from the game that myself and clan mates play honestly. Most of us are playing less know unitl it is fixed, and when we do play we make sure to report those that we suspect using the damage glitch.

If this is any insight to how these cowards think, we called someone out on the damage glitch in the post game lobby, not only did that player openly admit to cheating but was boasting about it. Then he talked a big game about how he didnt need the glitch to beat us (we won the first game) He proceded to use the same damage glitch in the next game and run around like a coward relying on a glitch to get kills. We all were running mics so we would just relay his map location info and try to team up to kill him as much as we could.

Personally I enjoy honest competition and respect a team that plays honestly with some strategy, even if we end up losing at least we were defeated by legitimate players. At this point I would almost prefer to see a gamemode like barebones in Bops no perks/proficiences/killstreaks just straight up gameplay 

• 15. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

Does anyone know what IW will do about the prestige token glitch? It's not cool for them to have unlimited tokens and double XP.

• 16. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

Jwstriker wrote:

Does anyone know what IW will do about the prestige token glitch? It's not cool for them to have unlimited tokens and double XP.

WOW!  How is that rock you have been under?   They are banning them for 48 hours and reseting their stats.  They are also giving them 10000 deaths and 1000 losses. 

• 17. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

I feel the same way as you regarding the damage incident. Seems like every lobby i get into there's a couple people using it.  Mainly i find those who use the Mk14 to be running it, as it seems to be a one hit kill. Definitely brings down the game a lot when someone has such a blatant advantage over our team.

My favorite is when i call them out in the lobby afterwards and report them. There's always a fun conversation to follow that.

• 18. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

Great post. Unfortunately a lot of the people who use these glitches would just justify it by saying "if they made a good game I wouldn't have to use these glitches" or "they shouldn't have glitches like these because they should test their games" failing to understand that no game has ever been bug free.

It falls on deaf ears to be honest, but great nonetheless.

• 19. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

What's always a pain in the a$$ with the Damage glitch is people also are applying "Speed" to any class type as well. With that your able to get across map before you take 4-6 steps.

Damage glitch has made it so I just put the controller down for the rest of the day.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next