1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 111 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 2:47 PM by Kyuketsu38 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

I view cheaters as people who are terrible at the game.  To make up for it, they hack, cheat, glitch, etc to make themselves better, so they can brag to their 12 year old friends about their high k/d is.

• 21. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

Yeah that's definitely the most frustrating thing. In an ideal world you'd have these sites made for ruining games ended at once, but unfortunately it's legal...

• 22. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

You all take this game wayyy to seriously, calm down. It is a game after all, just take a deep breathe and let the people that cheat, cheat if they want. They are really only killing their own experience. It doesn't affect anyone at all... La dee da, they get to be 10th prestige before a lot of people, so? That doesn't show anything, its just a bunch of pixels showing off a 'fancy' title. No big deal IMO.

• 23. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...
    nuttin2say

I don't think Call of Duty games have any less preventative measures than any other game in regards to cheaters. What makes it a magnate for cheaters is that it is the top game in the market.

To that extent, that is where Activision falls short. They  should know this: they're all computer nerds and they know the biggest is always  the biggest target. That means they should spend extra time and resources about and beyond what others spend in catching cheaters and removing them from the game.

As far as the idea of "removing the competitive nature of man" kum-byahh, leftist, pinko-commie, feel-sorry for loser mentality ...

no.

You want to know why? Because they would still do it.

I spent a couple hours the other day looking up the GTs of players banned by XBL on the Elite service. You know what they universally had in common?

Cheating wasn't helping their stats.

Many of them do not do it to rank up. They do it to do exactly what the OP describes: in order to ruin your day. You're dumb enought to follow the rules and it isn't fair that you are better than them so they are going to ruin your day by using hacks, mods, etc to have that one single game where they go 58 - 6 and get their screen shot and their YouTube video showing how bad they could be if only the world was fair.

Personally, I feel like when these pricks cheat, they are stealing from me. If I was to go to a movie and some jerk was sneaking in people through the exit door and charging them half price, the jerk could have charges filed against them. A minor charge, sure, but nonetheless more hassle than what it would be worth for them to do it.

This is a multi-billion dollar industry and the cheats and hacks are an industry-wide problem.

The energy Dice and Activision spend competing with each other would be better spent by both of them uniting and lobbying Congress for some action. We don't need a new game-police government agency ... but it would be really nice if the cheater's info could be sent to local police who could then send the morons a fine in the mail.

Isn't the government needing money? Start fining these pricks. That should generate some revenue.

They make laws governing other shyt that has far less impact on citizens than games. Why not?

• 24. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...
    starbuckfrack

They just think its cool to be the bad boy.

But honestly look at what kind of real life they have. sooner or later when their freinds grow up and learn the people that do stuff like this will be few and far between with freinds.

At the school reunion they will meet their now succesful freinds who ask what the cheaters do for a living which is "hanging out playing Nintendo" and hoping that their new game they invented called BaseketBall will become popular.

And the ones that still do have freinds will all be hanging around with people just like them. They will be 30 years old and one day wonder how they are going to pay next months rent because they spent too much time partying with their other cheater freinds with blue fingers stocking shelves.

So much of their money has gone to smoking weed because "It should be legal" or "It practically is legal" because they read on the internet about how to get a doctors note.

Especially when they are now riding a ten speed since they cant afford the car payment when their monthly visit to the judge comes down to where the judge has had enough and throws a few fines at them to teach them a lesson.

• 25. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...
    rankismet

xnemo wrote:

You all take this game wayyy to seriously, calm down. It is a game after all, just take a deep breathe and let the people that cheat, cheat if they want. They are really only killing their own experience. It doesn't affect anyone at all... La dee da, they get to be 10th prestige before a lot of people, so? That doesn't show anything, its just a bunch of pixels showing off a 'fancy' title. No big deal IMO.

Get used to saying this phrase with a smile, "Would you like fries with that?"

• 26. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

Cheaters do wreck the game, but the sad part is IW cant and wont catch everyone simply there are too many cheaters.  For instance I have a friend on my list with over 50 days of XP, so I'm guessing maybe 10-20% of these proficiency glitchers will get banned...sad

• 27. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...
    bo2000

Two words: Public Beta

• 28. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...

xnemo wrote:

So, If you were playing poker and someone was cheating and picking the cards they wanted from the deck, you would just say it was just a game?   You would also say that they are only ruining their experience?  Cheaters ruin everyones experience that has to play with them..  They are busy sitting in a corner and moab boosting, not playing the objective.  They are damage prof glitching so you get killed in 1 shot, where as it takes you 5 to kill them.  How can you say that they are only ruining their experience?

• 29. Re: The real impact of cheaters/glitchers/modders...
    rankismet

bo2000 wrote:

Two words: Public Beta

Five words: You do not get it.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next