31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2012 10:33 PM by shankupotomus RSS

Can I get banned?

I kind of wish that I would get banned from this game, so that it would force me to take it out of my Xbox.  Now I have never cheated, or glitched, or boosted in any way.  Actually I do the exact opposite.  I play every game by the objective of that gametype.  In Dom I cap flags and defend flags.  In Kill confirmed I collect tags.  In TDM I get high KDRs.  Maybe I can get banned because I pay for great internet.  It appears as though IW does not like it when you have good internet.  They want you to lag like a mo fo.  Maybe I can get banned for being too honest.  Either way this game has the reverse effect that a game should have on me.  It does not make me smile.  It does not relax me.  All I do is get pissed off.  I keep playing it because I paid $100 for it and do not want that money to go to waste.  I keep playing it because I want to find some redeeming quality to it.  I keep playing it because I think that magically it will be different.  I think this is the definition of insanity, to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. 

Maybe I can get banned for insanity....?

• Re: Can I get banned?
    sachinvats

Amen

starbuckfrack

If you get banned then you wont have a game to come back to after finding out they are really pieces of crap.

Seriously though in BF3 I find less immature gamers . And most people follow the objective there. At least the percentage is higher than MW3 "children".

Plus TDM in BF3 is 100 times better than MW3s version.

You can pretty much tell they are mature because you dont see as many offensive Gamertags in those lobbies

I tried the Beta for BF3 and hated it.  I hated everything about it.  I only buy 1 game a year and that is COD.  I used to play with the same 5 guys every night.  Now it is rare that we all get together.  In fact, 2 of them never play.  This is the route I am going to take soon.  Does anyone know what Gamestop is giving for this game?  I may put it on Ebay as well.  Is there any way to recoup any of the money spent on the hardened edition?

starbuckfrack

Hardened Edition will only give you the same amount as the regular Edition. due to the code being used or not used it doesnt matter.

Gamestop has a 40 percent EXTRA in store bonus. they normally give you 20 percent over the value but this week is 60 percent over the cash value.

I traded in Saints row 3 and Madden 2012 and got 45 bucks in store credit total for both.

If we wanted to talk BF3 we would be in the BF3 forum now do one !!!

Well said.

elite_force1uk

I feel the same, just couldnt word it the way you did

Well said. I have decent network speed, 30mb down, 5.5mb up, I feel most of the time I should always have four full bars, but sometimes I don't and sometimes I have some unbelievable misses at point blank range when I have the element of surprise...guess we get punished for our good net.

I seriously feel this way.  I tally all of the things I like and all of the things I loathe about this game and it turns my stomach.  This game feels like I am being forced to do something left handed  so as to reduce any advantage my skills may have.  I am right handed, by the way.

gallp13

Sounds like me...I think I have issues...;)

starbuckfrack

Shank I answered your Gamestop question and sent you a link.

thanks star.  I may as well keep it and use it for target practice the next time I go shooting.

sweatyclam

Give BF3 a chance, it takes a while to get into, but once you do you won't look back.

starbuckfrack

sweatyclam

In TDM on Bf3 in that small wodded area with the little town, I think it was Caspain border.

I just started using the engineer class.

Two enemies were on top of one of the roofs (or below). I hit the building with a bazooka and 5 seconds after the hit I got a double kill because the building collapsed on them

MW3 and the COD series is good for many things dont get me wrong but BF3 AFTER the beta is incredibly amazing. Especially the damage in the new maps.

Its going to be a major contender now. With the amount of players with the NEXT BF game its going to be a good debate on whether THEY will keep the Dedis.

When you start off new in the game yes its tough without weapon unlocks and stuff. But once you get around level 13 on each class the game becomes more incredible.

And As per sniping. It feels very true to life on those.

shankupotomus

you should really rent the game or something and play TDM on it for the whole time just to get the feel. It is alot better and nowhere near as buggy or boring as the beta. The beta was only one game type and had literally no damage to the maps on the one level you were stuck on playing.

Even with our disagreements I am not messing around with you here. At least rent it for a week. When they gave us the Karkalnd Pack for free that was incredible enough of a map pack to surpass any map they will throw at us in this game.

starbuckfrack wrote:

sweatyclam

In TDM on Bf3 in that small wodded area with the little town, I think it was Caspain border.

I just started using the engineer class.

Two enemies were on top of one of the roofs (or below). I hit the building with a bazooka and 5 seconds after the hit I got a double kill because the building collapsed on them

MW3 and the COD series is good for many things dont get me wrong but BF3 AFTER the beta is incredibly amazing. Especially the damage in the new maps.

Its going to be a major contender now. With the amount of players with the NEXT BF game its going to be a good debate on whether THEY will keep the Dedis.

When you start off new in the game yes its tough without weapon unlocks and stuff. But once you get around level 13 on each class the game becomes more incredible.

And As per sniping. It feels very true to life on those.

shankupotomus

you should really rent the game or something and play TDM on it for the whole time just to get the feel. It is alot better and nowhere near as buggy or boring as the beta. The beta was only one game type and had literally no damage to the maps on the one level you were stuck on playing.

Even with our disagreements I am not messing around with you here. At least rent it for a week. When they gave us the Karkalnd Pack for free that was incredible enough of a map pack to surpass any map they will throw at us in this game.

BF3 is just the start of becoming a major threat to this game. Hopefully, it will put these incompetent developers in check and focus more on a quality game.

pj600r

I think the game is getting frustrating for a lot of people, it's the inconsistancy that does it for me.

I can have 3 good games with no lag and then some people will drop out while waiting for the next game to start, and you can guarantee the new people who join are either split screeners or have crap Internet and then I can't kill anybody even point blank.

I got fed up tonight and went old school and played BF 1943 and what a laugh it was, nobody cared about K/D or any crap like that they just played the game, what a refreshing change.

I think they should just eliminate split screeners.  That, or have them only be able to play Survival or FFA.  They obviously can't play as a team since only one can have a mic. 

pj600r

I always click the avoid button for them in the hope I don't get matched with them again, it doesn't always work though.

I got stiffed by one tonight so I clicked his gamer card and I'd already clicked on avoid player in the past so I didn't expect to see him again.

coderedonfire

you love and hate the game at the same time, there is just something about it that hooks you to it and no matter how pissed off you get at it you turn your xbox right back on and play another match. it is very addicting, i don't know why but it just is, i can't get myself to play any other game and i think about it all the time and wanting to play. i'm hooked as well as you and many other cod gamers.

I am not so much hooked as I am wanting to get my moneys worth.  I paid $100 for this game and just can't bring myself to throw that away on my own.  if I were to get banned for being honest and wanting a decent game, my mind would be made up for me and I would have my hand forced.  I can literally list the things I like in this game on one hand's fingers.  The things I hate I would have to use my toes as well.

I am angry at the fact that I can't get a group of randoms or a party to work as one unit.  The fact that I cannot get into a game that is just about skill, I have to have some third partys influence imposed on my game.  The fact that I cannnot put down a sentry gun without a friendly slashing it to pieces because they get credit for doing so.  The fact that the air is riddled with welfare packages.  The fact that I can't move 10 feet without someone using the rapid fire xm25.  The fact that there is no motion to a guy falling into last stand, they are standing and then instantly on the ground firing bullets.  At least in past games they have fallen into last stand slower.  This game is just riddled with stuff that makes it not fun for someone that takes it somewhat seriously.  Is it too much to ask for a game with guns that fire the way they do in real life and serve the purpose for which they were developed....?  This means no QSing, no rapid firing.  Is it too much to ask for a game where you don't die from your own airstrikes?  Is it too much to ask for a game that if you get behind a wall that a 9mm bullet can't kill you? 

I would like a realistic game that has some things added for playability,  Respawn and killstreaks.  I would like a barebones, no perks game.  I would like guns that are realistic, yet not abused.  An xm25 is abused.   Give it 2 shots like the other noob tubes.  I can go on for days, but it will not make a difference. 

avengedyesterday

lol @ people playing the objective in BF3. Every match i have been in has been completely one sided. Either a team goes for objectives or they don't. Atleast in COD the lone wolf has the chance to win games single handedly. I'm not saying BF3 is a bad game because it isn't. But comparing the two is just silly. Both games have immature fan boys, campers, killwhores, and whatever else you can come up with.

Anyways, why play a game if it makes you mad? Play something else.

youtubedude

If you really want to get banned, so that damage glitch that is rampant in SnD. It's so annoying

I think the general consensus of the community. I, for one, feel the same way. This game has consistently gone down hill in most aspects. The only thing i really have fun with anymore is running around attempting ot get the multi-kill challenges, titles, and emblems with explosive weapons (mainly RPGs, grenades, C-4).  Even that isn't that fun anymore...

I am truely hoping that this next patch does something huge for the game. Mw2 held my attnetion/interest for an entire year until black ops came out. Its been 3 months for this one, and I question keeping it every other day based upon what kind of BS i run into in multiplayer. Whether its the wonderful proficiency glitch or having my legs cut off with the infamous 'lag comp'.

I had such high hopes for this game....

redline70689 wrote:

Its been 3 months for this one, and I question keeping it every other day based upon what kind of BS i run into in multiplayer. Whether its the wonderful proficiency glitch or having my legs cut off with the infamous 'lag comp'.

I had such high hopes for this game....

It has only been 2 months.   Feels like 2 years....