25 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2012 4:47 PM by mike030270 RSS

Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

Anyone else have an issue with how quickly the triggers on the RSASS and the Barrett can be spammed and how little recoil they have with Kick on?

 

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

    I don't see a problem. You lost to a sniper in a medium-long distance battle.

     

    You decided to stay in one place which made it easier for him to spam the trigger to shot through the wall...

    • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

      NIX_007 wrote:

       

      I don't see a problem. You lost to a sniper in a medium-long distance battle.

       

      You decided to stay in one place which made it easier for him to spam the trigger to shot through the wall...

       

      So you don't see the problem with a ridiculously powerful gun that can be spammed with little to no recoil? To each his own I guess...

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

    Well, in prone, all guns will get a lower recoil in this game, but I do see where you're coming from.

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles
    indcolts18288

    Quit crying. It's hard for us to nail you with one shot when you're running around like a chicken with your hreads cut off

     

    I don't see the big deal?

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles
    indcolts18288

    Sniping is an art form in a sense and takes a lot more skill than going ape **** with an AR. I don't snipe in every map because some just aren't fit for sniping and I can't QS so I too use AR's. I'm much more comfortable firing an SR as opposed to an AR. But I'm not gonna ***** to you about rapid fire and the Type 95's one shot one kill ability.

    • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

      indcolts18288 wrote:

       

      Sniping is an art form in a sense and takes a lot more skill than going ape **** with an AR. I don't snipe in every map because some just aren't fit for sniping and I can't QS so I too use AR's. I'm much more comfortable firing an SR as opposed to an AR. But I'm not gonna ***** to you about rapid fire and the Type 95's one shot one kill ability.

      My stats on Elite:

      Rapid Fire Kills - 115

      Typ95 Kills - 55

       

      Compared to -

       

      Model 1887 Kills - 183

      USP .45 Kills - 61

       

      Total Kills - 13,448

       

      If you want to ***** at me about certain attachments/guns, make sure I use them first.

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

    so.....you have a problem with someone using the rsass which is a 2shot kill 1shot headshot what 10-15round mag(cant remember) and you are using a m60 which is a 2shot kill that shoots at like what 550-600rounds per minute and has a 100round magazine and has good penetration already built in...while i dont know how fast you can spam the trigger but somehow i dont think its anywhere near 550-600rounds per minute besides you'd run out of ammo before then cause you start with like 1/3 of the ammo.

     

    the rsass is pretty much just the mk14 with rapid fire built in, why arent you complaining about that to....

     

    im sorry you wont get support from me cause face it you got out played and you came to the forums in hope someone would be like omg yes its so OP NERF NERF

    • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

      quickscopers_suckd1ck wrote:

       

      so.....you have a problem with someone using the rsass which is a 2shot kill 1shot headshot what 10-15round mag(cant remember) and you are using a m60 which is a 2shot kill that shoots at like what 550-600rounds per minute and has a 100round magazine and has good penetration already built in...while i dont know how fast you can spam the trigger but somehow i dont think its anywhere near 550-600rounds per minute besides you'd run out of ammo before then cause you start with like 1/3 of the ammo.

       

      the rsass is pretty much just the mk14 with rapid fire built in, why arent you complaining about that to....

       

      im sorry you wont get support from me cause face it you got out played and you came to the forums in hope someone would be like omg yes its so OP NERF NERF

       

      I'm sorry but you have your facts all wrong. All the snipers, except for the Dragunov, kill with 1 shot from the chest and up. The Barrett also kills with one shot to the stomach. In the video, I got grazed in the leg with the first shot.

       

      The M60 at any range farther than about shotgun range does 30 damage a shot, which means a minimum of 4 shots to kill while shooting at one of the slowest rates of any gun in the game. Add the fact that it has about as much recoil as a sniper w/ kick, your argument falls completely through. (http://modernwarfare3news.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/mw3-weaponstats.jpeg)

       

      As for you RSASS = M14 Rapid Fire argument - you can't put a sniper scope that sees across the entire map on an m14. And an M14 can't kill with one shot across the map.

       

      As for me getting outplayed: If you consider blindly emptying a clip into a wall and getting a kill outplaying someone, then yes, I got hella outplayed.

      • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

        sml7285 wrote:

         

        All the snipers, except for the Dragunov, kill with 1 shot from the chest and up. The Barrett also kills with one shot to the stomach. In the video, I got grazed in the leg with the first shot.

         

         

         

        doesn't really matter where he hit you to be honest. the barret usually always kills in 1 or 2 bullets. just saying though
        thr RSASS i don't really have too much of a problem with.

      • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

        uhm he didn't blindly shoot at the wall he clearly saw where you were behind the wall and thats the worse place to go if you can see your teammate taking damage. just my input.

        • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

          dbajlo wrote:

           

          uhm he didn't blindly shoot at the wall he clearly saw where you were behind the wall and thats the worse place to go if you can see your teammate taking damage. just my input.

           

          Hmm.... how exactly does one "see [sic] a teammate taking damage?

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

    'sml7285' quit moaning you got killed by some prone sniper making use of the semi auto feature of the .50 cal. I wouldve done the same in the guys situation. Keep firing if i knew you were behind a thing brick wall. Shouldnt have hid behind the wall otherwise he wouldnt have killed you. Simples.

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles
    Thesandman

    Solution...play hardcore

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

    In some situations the spam fire on the snipers is just ******* stupid... If you have the ability to spam fire a sniper rifle with a minimal amount of recoil it needs to fire like the M21EBR from MW2 and not do a ton of dmg. That's balance. You can have power and a 1 or 2 shot kill (aside from head obviously) but with that power you need to have a certain amount of recoil so that you don't get horrible snipers just taking advantage of an OP gun. Unless you like coming across a sniper who has zero skill and misses but thanks to how well his gun spam fires kills you pretty much out of nothing but luck and OP weapons.

     

    Every one knew that the M21EBR was a bullshit gun because of how well you could spam fire, it was litterally a double tap gun and people who had no skill used it, just like the type 95. All this having been said about gun balances etc... tho. The way you got killed, totally legit.

     

    You had all obviously been fighting for that lane for a little while, it always is a sniper lane. You got lucky and didn't get barret one shot, there where two of you one sniper, he didn't really have much option aside from spam fire to save his life. If you want to take that lane from a sniper primary or secondary grenades+snipe your self or pick a class with movement speed, not an LMG. Unless you can get situated behind cover and suprise pop out on a sniper while you have an LMG it's always going to be the sniper that wins.

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

    Lol I see a lot of people not understanding what he is saying. It's a sniper rifle, they have huge recoil which is a major reason why in reality people don't normally snipe without being prone. Even while prone though, spamming a sniper rifle would be one hell of a kick and the accurracy would be crap(unless of course the pod was bolted to the ground which obviously it wasn't)

    • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

      mike030270 wrote:

       

      Lol I see a lot of people not understanding what he is saying. It's a sniper rifle, they have huge recoil which is a major reason why in reality people don't normally snipe without being prone. Even while prone though, spamming a sniper rifle would be one hell of a kick and the accurracy would be crap(unless of course the pod was bolted to the ground which obviously it wasn't)

       

      Haha thanks bud. Nice to know that there are people who share my opinions...

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles
    ghamorra

    The biggest problem with the RSASS is that because it can be trigger spammed you can place a silencer on the gun and unload 3 shots in the time it takes to a to fire one shot with anyother gun. The enemy won't see you and won't have enough to take cover. If you put a silencer on anyother sniper rifle you won't do sh*t for damage and the time it takes to center your next shot the enemy can gain cover to heal or just run away.

     

    The RSASS is not a sniper rifle in my opinion. It's the MK14 with more damage and a much better scope

  • Re: Trigger Spamming on Sniper Rifles

    I can see the point but this is still an arcade shooter. I can't use my trigger finger that fast with the damn sniper rifle. Kudos to that guy lol. I'm not good at sniping and tend to go about 1 kdr every time i use it. Suggesting that sniper rifles were more "real" would just trigger more suggestions of making other things more "real" like n00btubes (which most people don't want ever again). Actually making the 50 cal more "real" would mean that pieces of body parts would fly off every time you hit someone, instant kill damage every time .