1 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next 127 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 11:22 AM by Nubdub Go to original post RSS
  • 120. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    Nubdub

I think we said the same thing but your words were much less damaging than mine. Wish I knew how to express my thoughts better with words.

• 121. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    maccabi

Nubdub wrote:

I give you credit where its due. Your elagaphant post is great for people having connection issues. I just do not enjoy being talked down to. I try to avoid talking down to others (not that I don't occasionally slip). Elagance in writing is not always a direct reflection of intelligence. It is sometimes more linked with arrogance. If our conversations remain civil, I am sure you will/would find there is much we agree on.

you do know english isnt my first language right? im write how i speak in my native toungue i come from a country reknown for comming accross as arrogant its one of our most treasured national traits

but hey im making an effort i havent called you a *redacted* in weeks

right to be continued off to give my pillow some head

• 122. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    Cflat

maccabi wrote:

Nubdub wrote:

I hope they do more than just answer questions but its a start I guess. Thanks for the info!

np see i do have my uses;)

yes its a stat and hopefully will explain some of the misconceptions floating around as it comes straight from the horses mouth so to speak, plus it will be a chance for them to get direct feedback from players with issues wanting som sort of answer and idea on what steps they can take to fix things for those players..

just bear in mind though you'll probably find when the answers do come back they wont be going into major detail as they wont be allowed to explain certain aspects (what i usuauly refer to as stuff behind the curtain)

i keep saying this but .. once again im not the bad guy you think i am on here some people just need to stop misinterpretating my abject disdain for the  *redacted* demographic as trolling/arogance/denial/whatever else im accused of on a daily basis

You mentioned earlier that you suspect many people that are having problems are those who have Cable internet service with some sort of Boost feature. Well,..I am definitely having issues, and that's what I have. Cable from Cablevision/OptimumOnline and I pay extra for upgraded service called "Boost".

I have read through many of your posts on this topic, as well as went through your Elagaphant guide in great detail. I'm aware of what to expect from lag compensation in all online games as I've been playing FPSs online for many years. I'm aware that even MW1 and MW2 had many WTF moments. It's the nature of the beast. But MW3 is another story. There IS something different. I understand from what you've posted about that the lag compensation is doing what it's supposed to do, and that most of the problems are coming from the matchmaking system.  It just seems sometmes that you are very quick to say that many people experiencing problems are just complaining and that the same exact issues happened in MW1 and MW2. While that may be true, it is NO WHERE near as bad in those previous games. From my experience, anyway.

I have friends that think the game is not so bad for them, but refuse to play at my house because of the crappy connection I always get (Not lag, but an overall feeling of being a second behind many other players). Why do you say people with Cable and Boost service are probably having problems? Is there anything I can do to help? Should I cancel boost service? I've been beating my head against the wall for months trying to make this game more playable for me. The updates just made it WORSE for me. Is there anything we can do to help with our odds of getting into a good lobby with matchmaking? Like, not letting it go over 50ms ping, or any other tricks you know of?

I'd really appreciate any input from you, and I look forward to the upcoming Q&A

• 123. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    Nubdub

I think the maccabi - nubdub skirmish may be over. The moderators can now rest.

• 124. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    ACII

well there is good news people!

On Saturday, I got a full refund in ms points for elite.  So I got that going for me.

• 125. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement

Does anyone know where the COD server are located? I am guessing Cal, which is where PSN servers are located as well I think, I might switch my server from Chicago, IL to Cal. Maybe reducing the hops accross the country. Gaming on 3G is horrible on MW3. MW2 worked great with it.

• 126. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement

dexter1992 wrote:

Does anyone know where the COD server are located? I am guessing Cal, which is where PSN servers are located as well I think, I might switch my server from Chicago, IL to Cal. Maybe reducing the hops accross the country. Gaming on 3G is horrible on MW3. MW2 worked great with it.

Most likely Cali.

• 127. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    Nubdub

MW3 stat (Elite) and anticheat server is in Dublin Ireland run by a company called Demonware. The data servers are all over the US and you get randomly sent to a different one each time. In one session of gaming, I went from California to Minnesota to New York and Arizona with the data server. I am sure there are more locations than that. It may be why the lag is different with each game.

1 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next