6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 10:09 AM by SC_ROTIC RSS

Clan Operations: Is It Really What We Want?

--This Forum Post May Interest You So Please Read From Start To End--

As I read the numerous forum posts about the arrival of the clan operations I wondered if they would actually be worth participating in? I understand that they are the best way (and possibly the only way other than founders xp) to level up a clan. Asking this made me follow up to my question and research what the clan operations are. The clan operations are like the lone wolf events except multiple people within the clan participate in the event and their stats are added up and put on the leaderboards. This sounds great but not really what I expected. If you agree with me than maybe there would be another solution to this while we wait for the clan operations to come out. I like the idea of ladder tournaments and that's what I thought that clan operations were going to be first: selected maps that clans face other clans and battle to advance in the tournament. Are there websites that do this because if there are please respond letting me know. There is another idea... I would be willing to create a forum or a website where we as a combined effort could create a different side to the clan operations. I am as eager as any other person on this forum for the release of clan operations but if this sounds like a good idea, please respond to this forum post and tell me if you would like to be part of this "idea." Thanks for reading and hopefully clan operations will be relased soon.

--Other Than MLG--

• Re: Clan Operations: Is It Really What We Want?

I doubt we are ever getting these clan things. I am thinking of totally quiting MW3 at the moment I am taking a break and letting my sister play on my account. But just this whole thing with mw3 has been one screw up after another.

SC_ROTIC

Amen brother they have been taking advantage of the fans and taking our money along the way and im fed up along with every member of my clan.  Whats up with making it this simple:   Choose the variant you want to play and have a list of options in that op so you can play a SPECIFIC game mode.

Or better yet have the other option which should be the better option (the one i thought would have been the ACTUAL approach to clan ops)  Clan on Clan monitored battles with leaderboards so that you can challenge a specific clan and know who the best is... and who the cheaters are...

Most of what i wanted from Call Of Duty Elite is screwed up.

SC_ROTIC

Amen brother they have been taking advantage of the fans and taking our money along the way and im fed up along with every member of my clan.  Whats up with making it this simple:   Choose the variant you want to play and have a list of options in that op so you can play a SPECIFIC game mode.

Or better yet have the other option which should be the better option (the one i thought would have been the ACTUAL approach to clan ops)  Clan on Clan monitored battles with leaderboards so that you can challenge a specific clan and know who the best is... and who the cheaters are...

Most of what i wanted from Call Of Duty Elite is screwed up.

I don't see how it's fair to let people create clans in the free version in elite, but in order to level the clan up everyone has to have premium elite. I get that it's a way to make money blah blah, but that aside, it's ridiculous. I'm not even sure I'll buy the DLC that comes out because it seems it's just not worth it.

Anyway, back to your ladder idea, there are gamebattles.com and clancompete.com, not to mention virgingaming.com that all do tournaments and such. So as you can see, there isnt a lack of those in existence. Even if they adopted your idea for clan operations, all it would do is tick people off because you'd have even more corner camping shotgun wielding noobs shooting you in the back to level up their clan. I just think they shoulda kept it simple and let clans earn xp when 2 or more members play together and earn experience based off of challenges and and achievements. They're just making it too complicated and annoying

i agree i thought we would be able to play aganist other clans