16 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2012 6:07 AM by wridtrvlr RSS

Call Of Duty elite content for xbox before ps3 rant.

So i find this to be pretty bullshit i know that xbox has gotten ever content drop a month early but if you're like me and got call of duty elite for an extra 50 bucks and find your self wonduring what you got with it chances are nothing. Because you see xbox is getting the content now were does that leave us in between the xbox and people that don't have elite i feel as ps3 players are getting treated second class like were a step child that just takes the punches and i don't know about anyone else but im getting pissed off. We are going to most likely get the content when everyone else is going to get it so why do we have elite??? I honestly just want to hear everyone elses opinion on this good or bad.

• Re: Call Of Duty elite content for xbox before ps3 rant.

Serious questions: Whitekoolaid please answer these questions:

Did you know about the contract activi$ion has with xbox?

How dumb are you ppl to not get that activision is NOT going to break a contract cause the majority of the PSN CoD community is a bunch of idiots?          (apparently)

You paid $50 for the right to get a little extra DLC contentand the right to download content before NON-ELITE PSN MEMBERS. What do you ppl not get about this?

END THREAD

well to start off with, we still do not know when we will be getting the content.
    will ps3 premium users get it before non premium xbox users?
    will ps3 premium users get it after non premium xbox users and then the non premium ps3 users get it after that?
    or will we just be forgotten about for a while and then they think oh yeah we should probably give the ps3 some content now. to be honest, i dont see where my extra £35 has gone.i won't be renewing my subscription for the next game and then maybe thye will think twice about making contracts if enough people don't renew the subscriptions!

codblackice

whitekoolaid,

You mentioned,

"Obviously i know about the contract and im not talking about breaking a contract im talking about the money people spent thinking there going to get content before the majority community..."

If any other console gets it before XBOX, it will be a breach of contract. It's not like they kept it a secret from the community. If you can recall, back at Microsoft's Xbox 360 E3 press conference in Los Angeles (2009) the following was reselased,

"Activision Publishing, Inc. and Microsoft announced today a multi-year agreement that will continue to bring Call of Duty game add ons and map packs first to Xbox LIVE online entertainment network."

...and the Elite FAQ convered that before you purchased Elite.

Reference the category WHAT'S INCLUDED?

Question:Do X360 and PS3 Call of Duty ELITE Premium members receive their DLC at the same time?

Answer: "Similar to Map Packs, X360 Premium members will receive their DLC before PS3 Premium members. All Call of Duty ELITE Premium members will receive a steady stream of content released monthly for 9 months through the DLC season, and they will also receive their DLC before non-premium members on their console."

They never lied to you nor made you and others believe otherwise.

-Ross

to be fair you have a point with your rant im a ps3 user and wouldent change to xbox for any reason.. and the contract is a marketing ploy to get people who cant wait to switch to xbox.. anyway thats besides the point... i dont see why they cant release the ps3 dlc content on the 25th of jan xbox get it the 24th so there getting it before anyone else wheres the issue in releasing it a day later for ps3 elite users... that way everyone will be happy and theres no breach in contract.. at the very least the ps3 commuinity should have a release date... we payed our sub just the same as the xbox users.. why should the xbox users get better treatment because microsoft decided to throw money at activation... very poor customer relations.. as far as i know theres going to be 20 maps to be released over 9 months. " at a steady rate " so ps3 users should be getting somthing very soon...

If ya'll want a general timeline that is most likely, not exactly, what will happen but given the info we have been privi too, here is a link http://community.callofduty.com/message/205340458#205340458. check it out if ya want. It is just the generally accepted timeline off the info we are givin.

Izjar11

if you're like me and got call of duty elite for an extra 50 bucks and find your self wonduring what you got with it chances are nothing

Im not like you, and I bought (failed) elite for the maps only. Everyone has known well in advanced that XBOX gets them first. When you bought elite did you not know this?

i feel as ps3 players are getting treated second class like were a step child that just takes the punches and i don't know about anyone else but im getting pissed off.

second class? stepchild? you really feel like this? Cmon guy, way to much drama for having to "wait" for maps. I've never been pissed about the release dates of maps, the service currently is another thing I am discontent with.

We are going to most likely get the content when everyone else is going to get it so why do we have elite??? I honestly just want to hear everyone elses opinion on this good or bad.

When you purchased elite you knew you are paying for the maps upfront, you get them a few days before they are sold to the public. My opinion is this subject matter has been spoken about in many other threads, nothing has changed since then and nothing will change.

Solution for you: Do not buy elite for BOPS2 or buy XBOX and play the maps earlier.

wridtrvlr

Brotha koolaid, how long has this game been out and you're just now getting the logistics of the crap we are dealing with?!?!?!  Sorry to hear you so upset, but truly it is out of our power. 

Even when BOPS2 comes out we are going to be facing the same deal.  Can we say last CoD I ever purchase?? 

dubhicks

This is an old thread, and I just find it funny the posts by people saying that premium PS3 users are going to get the drops before non-premium xbox users... Double fail.