I've received so much help in just two posts I have made from some of the members here regarding Domination. I do read the board, however, and noticed there has been some underlying negativity between members and also about the game itself. I hope to inject more positive vibes, especially since "I don't know enough to know better."
My initial motivation for posting here was in hopes of learning enough simply to improve to the point where I am competent enough to enjoy playing. As soon as I attempted to play online, I realized the level of players on most lobbies were extremely experienced and skilled, and felt I had to get a crash course. I received it (and more) after asking for help on here.
- 3 capping (depending on the map) really only works when a team is comprised of high-speed players. Whether if that means most on a team are part of a clan, in a party, or simply very experienced, that is when I, at least, notice it is ok. Every other time, it leads to chaos. I've been in plenty of games where my team has been off to a huge lead quickly, only to have some member get overzealous and cap C (for instance). Two minutes later, inevitably, the game tightens and it becomes Team DM. Kills the whole point of the game IMHO.
- Learning the ideaology of spawns, re-spawning, and spawn switching has absolutely changed my game. While I am not what many on here would consider to be even an average player statistcally, over the last week my play, scoring, and ability to help my team has improved dramatically.
- Stealth Bomber is near worthless for me. I run the Support package because I am not at the point where I get so many kills where I will consistently earn an AC-130 using Strike (?). Maybe twice out of like 20 times I've run the SB and gotten kills with it. I usually just aim if I see red dots or where I remembered where I last saw the enemy. Tips here would be appreciated.
- I have to get better at hiding my SAM. I get too overexcited when I get one and unless it drops a UAV, it pretty much lasts like 30 seconds before I hear it is destroyed.
- Defending one of the first 2 objectives on ANY map seems to work wonders. I usually try to find a wall or corner and "camp" for a minute before moving on to another covered location nearby. That is until my team advances to capping a third flag, which basically throws this strategy for me out the window.
- Outpost and Hardhat are two maps I get eaten alive in.
These are definitely the bulletpoints. Sorry to take up so much space with this. I've been playing less than a month, and for the first couple of weeks I was just trying to understand the game. As I got my feet wet, my game was Drop Zone and then Domination. I am addicted to Domination to the point where that is pretty much all I play, for now. Once I can get better at actually taking out the enemy and have prestiged another weapon or two, perhaps I will try the HC element of games. But Domination is, to me anyway, thoroughly enjoyable.