1 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next 122 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 3:50 AM by indy56 Go to original post RSS
  • 100. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

    starbuckfrack wrote:

     

    jimbodredd

     

    Just to let you know you can only do the licence transfer once every 121 days. Its not something you can just change your mind on.

     

    I think you misunderstand. she cant play thing she didnt pay for on the "old" console.

     

    As a matter of fact she cannot also bot download the full game of any marketplace game because she is not the owner of the game.

     

    I have the new slim with everything redownloaded and they work fine for me if I bought them.

     

    For example the "mercury" game. She was able to play the full version after I bought it on the old console. But now I transfered the licenses on to the nes slim console she cannot play or get the full version. Even here saved game does not work.

     

    Now for example she has the fully unlocked Peggle even though I bought it and transfered the license for it to the new console.

     

    I am not complaining but it was nice while it lasted. Some games she can play online for example if I invite her to the game. But she cant get the game unlocked at all on her own.

    I know you can only transfer the licences once over a period of time, however if you need to do it more often, say due to a replacement faulty console or something like that, then you can contact XBox support and they will do something to allow you to do a transfer outside this time restriction or they do the transfer for you - Not sure which.

     

    Once the licences are transferred. You will need to redownload the games with the purchasing account (your account I suspect, from what you are saying). Once you do this your wife will be able to access the specific content. If you are having issues with some games and not others then I suspect you will only need to redownload the games that are a problem with your account.

     

    All this is assuming you and your wife are playing on the same XBox slim console.

    I can tell you with absolute certainty that almost every single piece of DLC and XBL game should be playable by you and your wife on the same console - if you have transferred the licence to that console and redownloaded everything.

     

    I know this because I bought a Gears 3 slim console a few months ago and had to follow the same process, and my girlfriend and son can both play all the content on their own Gold Live accounts.

     

    The links you need to solve your problem are here:

    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-cont ent

    http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/play-xbox-liv e-content

     

    Cheers.

  • 101. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

    mattireland wrote:

     

    Find this an absolute rip off - most people would be better off just download the DLC normally - and forget ELITE - last year you could download the DLC on Black ops and share them to other Gamertags on same xbox. - But knowing ACTIVISON/COD you can share them either!!!!

     

    I foulishly purchased a family pack as my kids love xbox to and was fed up with all there friends messaging me when they came online - now to find out i've got to buy everything 3 times...

     

    ELITE IS A RIP OFF AND THINK THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I'LL DOWNLOAD DLC's...

     

    ROBBING BAST••DS!!!

    I dont see where the rip off is yet. In March I would understand somewhat if they couldnt do it.

     

    But Elite Premium members ARE the only ones eligible to access the maps early. It even says that on the Elite page. We Premium members paid to get them early, so why should the others get them early and free as well ?

  • 102. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

    Find this an absolute rip off - most people would be better off just download the DLC normally - and forget ELITE - last year you could download the DLC on Black ops and share them to other Gamertags on same xbox. - But knowing ACTIVISON/COD you can share them either!!!!

     

    I foulishly purchased a family pack as my kids love xbox to and was fed up with all there friends messaging me when they came online - now to find out i've got to buy everything 3 times...

     

    ELITE IS A RIP OFF AND THINK THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I'LL DOWNLOAD DLC's...

     

    ROBBING BAST••DS!!!

  • 103. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

    jimbodredd

     

    You are misunderstanding me . I dont have a problem. thanks for the info but I think your misunderstanding is wasting your own time typing what I already know..

     

    Everything you posted I already know from experience AND being stuck on the same 20 gig hardrive. I bought the slim due to the fact there was no more spcae for DLC.

     

    you are also misunderstanding we are not on the same console. She has the old white console, pre HDMI. I got the slim.

     

    Thanks for the info tho. It may help someone else.

     

    PS the LTT is not the cure all solution. I still try to DL new stuff that says "assigned to other console(white one)" even though I already did the transfer tool to the slim.

    I can still get it to go to the slim.

     

    Like 3 of the sonic games worked fine on the new console. But the original one still would not unlock even thought the are the same in the unlocking procedure.

    The Support guy told me to go thru all these steps and wasting an hour just to get back to square one. Even though I deleted all references of the game and delted the game itself the Sonic game was STILL locked. And when I went to the online web page it said on my console it was downloaded and was no where to be found. After 45 minutes the guy asked if I was sure I paid for it. That was even though I told him It said "purchased before" and so on. Even sent him a screenshot of the "payment".

     

    After the hour of dealing with him he did a LT and I still get the "assigned thing on ever trailer, demo, etc.". As I said its not a problem to click "download now" but I hate it wen I go back twenty minutes later and nothing happened

  • 104. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

    starbuckfrack wrote:

     

    knarfboy wrote:

     

    This ist very bad! Activision. please change it a.s.a.p. !  I think this is ok for the time who is the DLC exclusiv for the elite member. But later is the DLC ready for sale to every one, you must change this, the DLC must work for all user / profiles on the same console like before. I am very unhappy with Elite now

    The thing is though people are used to getting stuff for free when they know they should pay for it. Before they got lucky.

     

    Do you think it would be fair at a buffet if one person paid for the full buffet and all the others paid for nothing. Then all the people who didnt pay start eating off of his plate ? It looks like them overlooking this rule has now been taken care of.

     

    Things are changing, If I had time to look thru the newer XBL Terms I bet they reworded the DLC ruling.

    There was no luck involved. The current standard on XBox live is that all marketplace games and content is available to all accounts on the XBox that holds the licence. This is how it is and is how it has been for some years and how many of us expected Elites DLC to work. It is entirely fair that XBL content is DRM locked to a console.

    If it was locked per account though, that is another thing entirely. For those of us with families can you really imagine having to buy licences for multiple copies of say, BF1943, Trials HD, Bastion, or a game on demand etc etc, for EACH user in your household? No you absolutely would not do it.

     

    Your analogy doesn't really work because in most cases the host pays for the buffet and everyone else eats free anyway!!! lol!

     

    I understand what you are saying but some of us bought Elite just to save a few quid on the overpriced DLC. I do not have any of the Black Ops dlc because I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for them. I likely will get them if they ever come out on a deal of the week, which to date has never happened...

     

    As me and my family like playing COD together, especially since treyarch had the wisdom to finally bring in full split screen multiplayer, getting Elite "appeared" to be the sensible thing to do.

    Now we find out in retrospect that the content we paid up front for is not subject to the same terms that we are used to (so far anyway) People are understandably pretty livid.

     

    On another note, PS3 players paid for Elite too, where is their dlc and when are they getting it?

     

    AND finally to sum up how tight-fisted activision are. Premium Elite subscribers can only download the new maps on their chosen platform. If I went and bought a copy of MW3 on PS3 today, why can't I just have the maps on that platform too?

     

    I've said it a million times, CoD makes its money and then some. 16 Million map packs sold at $15 per pack plus all retails sales of the games. Do the maths. Activision gives that fanbase absolutely NOTHING back for free or cheap. Except a new mode called Dropzone...

  • 105. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

    starbuckfrack wrote:

     

    jimbodredd

     

    You are misunderstanding me . I dont have a problem. thanks for the info but I think your misunderstanding is wasting your own time typing what I already know..

     

    Everything you posted I already know from experience AND being stuck on the same 20 gig hardrive. I bought the slim due to the fact there was no more spcae for DLC.

     

    you are also misunderstanding we are not on the same console. She has the old white console, pre HDMI. I got the slim.

     

    Thanks for the info tho. It may help someone else.

     

    PS the LTT is not the cure all solution. I still try to DL new stuff that says "assigned to other console(white one)" even though I already did the transfer tool to the slim.

    I can still get it to go to the slim.

     

    Like 3 of the sonic games worked fine on the new console. But the original one still would not unlock even thought the are the same in the unlocking procedure.

    The Support guy told me to go thru all these steps and wasting an hour just to get back to square one. Even though I deleted all references of the game and delted the game itself the Sonic game was STILL locked. And when I went to the online web page it said on my console it was downloaded and was no where to be found. After 45 minutes the guy asked if I was sure I paid for it. That was even though I told him It said "purchased before" and so on. Even sent him a screenshot of the "payment".

     

    After the hour of dealing with him he did a LT and I still get the "assigned thing on ever trailer, demo, etc.". As I said its not a problem to click "download now" but I hate it wen I go back twenty minutes later and nothing happened

    Aha so you are on different consoles. In that case transfer your licences to your wifes console and you will both be able to play all content on that one. She will be able to play everything.

     

    Only you will be able to play stuff on the slim, but that won't matter if you are doing the sensible thing and keeping the wife quiet in another room playing on her own!

  • 106. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

    Tut tut tut Mattireland...

     

    This game is a 18+ and youve just admited letting your "kids" play it

     

    Most ppl seem to forget that kids should not be on this game and this is probably the reason for this thread....

     

    If you are old enough to play this game then you shouldnt be needing to share an xbox and thats the truth of the matter...end of discussion

  • 107. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    BurnYouQuickly

    Are they breaking there own terms and conditions regarding locking the dlc to a user and not console?

  • 108. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

    bigbangbazinga wrote:

     

    Tut tut tut Mattireland...

     

    This game is a 18+ and youve just admited letting your "kids" play it

     

    Most ppl seem to forget that kids should not be on this game and this is probably the reason for this thread....

     

    If you are old enough to play this game then you shouldnt be needing to share an xbox and thats the truth of the matter...end of discussion

    Your whole comment is given with no knowledge of Mattireland's situation.

    You are wrong in your assumption as to why this thread exists. Read through the whole thread. We have been talking about wives/girlfriends/siblings/families in general that cannot access the content.

     

    Your discussion ending statement on XBox console sharing is also without merit.Besides the cost of running multiple Xbox consoles in a household, there are technical issues in regard to running multiple XBoxes on the same network. It does not always cause problems but it can do depending on your setup/hardware/router.

     

    In regard to whether someone can afford a second or third xbox, that is an issue that is certainly not our business. Neither is the age (which we do not know, anyway) at which Mattireland chooses to allow his family access to certain content.

  • 109. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

    bigbangbazinga wrote:

     

    Tut tut tut Mattireland...

     

    This game is a 18+ and youve just admited letting your "kids" play it

     

    Most ppl seem to forget that kids should not be on this game and this is probably the reason for this thread....

     

    If you are old enough to play this game then you shouldnt be needing to share an xbox and thats the truth of the matter...end of discussion

    There is no ruling that says kids cannot play this game. Its called parental choice. If some parent lets his kid play a game then they can play. Even the MS Terms state kids can play with any game on XBL with parental consent and/ or supervision.

     

    If you dont want your kids play this game then thats fine too, but you cant tell a parent how to raise their own kid.